• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why can't I feel euphoria from Adderall!?

Tboy246

Bluelighter
I've used Adderall numerous times, some times I don't feel anything AT ALL. Other times I feel amazing, euphoric, however an addy buzz is usually described etc. This time I took 60 mg IR (the dose I usually take to feel right 60-90 mg IR or XR doesn't matter). It's now about 90 minutes later and alls I have is a racing heart and some jitters, no euphoria. How come I only get a good buzz and euphoria sometimes? Even with XR 60 mg I've felt nice a few times, but not everytime. I'd figure 60 IR would do the trick but nope..

How long and how frequent have you been using?

It honestly could be nothing more than the age-old issue of tolerance.

For me at least amphetamine doesn’t produce euphoria by itself. If i’m doing something engaging and rewarding the amp will give me a boosted sense of accomplishment and a strong urge to continue working.

In my opinion the euphoria from adderall is dependent on what you are doing. If i take adderall and just sit around and do nothing all i’ll feel is some physical jitteriness and extra anxiety. If i’m working on a project or doing some self study it’ll give me a greater sense of accomplishment hence euphoria.

Adderall/amphetamine isn’t a feel good drug it’s a get shit done drug.

I've used Adderall numerous times, some times I don't feel anything AT ALL. Other times I feel amazing, euphoric, however an addy buzz is usually described etc. This time I took 60 mg IR (the dose I usually take to feel right 60-90 mg IR or XR doesn't matter). It's now about 90 minutes later and alls I have is a racing heart and some jitters, no euphoria. How come I only get a good buzz and euphoria sometimes? Even with XR 60 mg I've felt nice a few times, but not everytime. I'd figure 60 IR would do the trick but nope..

IMO... euphoria isnt a guaranteed effect of amphetamines. Its more like a side effect that can occur under the right circumstances. If you want euphoria you'd probably have better luck with coke or meth. NOT that I am recommending those drugs... but they are more likely to produce euphoria than adderal. Even dexedrine would be better.

IMO... euphoria isnt a guaranteed effect of amphetamines. Its more like a side effect that can occur under the right circumstances. If you want euphoria you'd probably have better luck with coke or meth. NOT that I am recommending those drugs... but they are more likely to produce euphoria than adderal. Even dexedrine would be better.

Totally agree with you and Falsified. And personally, I found Dex to be significantly more euphoric than Adderall ever was, save for perhaps the first time or two I took it. Beyond that, even when I did manage to get into that focused, enjoyable zone in Adderall, it just wasn't all that.

The Adderall experience does morph and change with prolonged use. I have never heard of the anxiety without the euphoria though. When my tolerance built up with daily use years ago, I suddenly experienced a very numb and foggy head without the enjoyable focus. Later it turned into strictly an aphrodisiac at higher (100-150 mg) doses.

My tolerance for dex, in the form of Vyvanse, built up in a single day (one dose), and it felt like how I imagine an antipsychotic to feel (for the entirety of the one month I was using it per my prescription). That first dose was a clean blast of focus however.

All in all, drugs are idiosyncratic, and it is hard to offer advice sometimes when they produce such a collection of effects that vary from person to person.