• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why can I only remember this when high

E

etudeiante

It's strange, I can only remember the face of a person in my old high school class when I'm high on Cannabis, I just can't remember what this person looked like sober but when high I instantly remember what the person looks like.

I'm by no means a regular drug user, is this normal?

Do you associate this person with cannabis?
Perhaps you were thinking of him while you were high, and now you can only remember him when you're high.

hmm, intresting, you say your not a regular user but is it possible that you only really properly saw/communicated or even paid attention to this person when you were high? If it is it could be a case of state-dependant learning. This happens basically if you learn anything whilst you were high, you struggle with it sober but then as soon as you are in the same state you were when you learnt it you can recall it again. Its the reason I can remember GCSE Maths whilst high :p

^Yeah, even in highschool, stoned off our asses, we observed this phenomenon.

It was like we couldn't do tests unless we were high lol...

Last edited:
Enhanced episodic memory plays a role perhaps? I can remember a lot of things from my past after smoking cannabis and these are not events during which I was stoned with grass as I didn't smoke back then excluding very very rare occasions.

When I'm sober I suck at mental imagery - I cannot visualize anything more complex than circles or squares or things like that. While I'm stoned on the contrary my imagery is perfect.. maybe it is something like that

I remember learning in a psychology course that we tend to only remember things as they were when we are in the actual state of mind as we were in when we first came across new information. So, for example, if you study while high on weed (how that could be accomplished- you tell me), then you would need to take the test while high on weed.

Memory when combined with drugs does some interesting things.

The only time I can remember parts of being blacked out drunk and in a dance club when I wound up meeting a very good friend of mine was when I was very drunk.

I am moving this thread to CD.

Last edited: