• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why can certain users handle their drug use with responsibility while many can't?

Nobody wants or 'chooses' to be an addict. But you absolutely do choose each and every instance of substance use that takes you there. Unless anyone wants to propose that people literally put a bottle to their lips or stick a needle in their veins against their own will, which would be insane.
Well yeah of course, just like everyone who hasn't been kidnapped chooses it every time they get into a car. But my point was that to say that saying people "choose" to become addicts is about as dumb as saying someone chose to be in a car accident just because they chose to drive or just be inside a car. Addiction is a universally recognised negative outcome that is never intended, and people choose it about as often as they choose to stub a toe, trip over something, or to poke themselves in the eye.

Probably most of this thread is down to personal circumstance.

Can i use sensibly when things are all going well and theres no stress or depression going on in my life. Sure yeah.

What is someone's just died. I've been made homeless. Or jobless. Etc. It all becomes much more difficult to remain sober and use sensibly then.