• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why avoid caffeine and nicotine during comedown?

Parrot89

Greenlighter
I've read several times that it is best to avoid cigarettes and caffeine during the comedown period. Do stimulants cause damage during the comedown, or do they simply slow the comedown? I'm curious about the scientific reason behind why these substances are harmful during this period. I am in the middle of a comedown and I have a nicotine addiction. I just found out today that I need to avoid cigarettes. I don't have a problem with this, but I've smoked a pack in the past week so I'm wondering if I did any damage

I would not worry about the pack you smoked, but yes do avoid smoking any more. There isn't really any concrete science about what is or isn't good for an MDMA comedown, but enough people have gone through this that it seems pretty clear that using other drugs during the comedown tends to slow your recovery. Stimulants in particular can sometimes have a negative effect on your sleep and appetite, both of which can directly affect recovery time.

I've read several times that it is best to avoid cigarettes and caffeine during the comedown period. Do stimulants cause damage during the comedown, or do they simply slow the comedown? I'm curious about the scientific reason behind why these substances are harmful during this period. I am in the middle of a comedown and I have a nicotine addiction. I just found out today that I need to avoid cigarettes. I don't have a problem with this, but I've smoked a pack in the past week so I'm wondering if I did any damage

I mean caffeine and nicotine are stimulants that kinda do a similar but way under scale thing as molly, release dopamine and can change seratonin levels. Thats probably why people say not to do it. I personally dont drink caffeine after a roll because it can make me feel like shit ( dunno if its just me ) but im addicted hard to nicotine so smoking is a def always for me. So no you its highly doubtful you did any damage. Like clocktower says, sleep and appetite are particularly important as you wanna put nutrients into your body especially after a roll and stimulants can mess around with that.