• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Why aren't benzos/GHB more popular drugs?

Until I read here I didn't think people got high on benzos. Passing out relaxed is nice but not a high to me and I take them daily
But people get high off allergy medications so
You only pass out on the strong ones and if you have too many. Same could be said for booze or gear.
As a side note, I tried Alprazolam for the first time this week and fucking loved it.
The mellow buzz that still hits. Next time though, I'm staying away from the 750mg of Codeine and 750mg of DHC I had the next day with 20 blue valiums lol,
Gotta go stupid when I'm high and got cash FFS.

You only pass out on the strong ones and if you have too many. Same could be said for booze or gear.
As a side note, I tried Alprazolam for the first time this week and fucking loved it.
The mellow buzz that still hits. Next time though, I'm staying away from the 750mg of Codeine and 750mg of DHC I had the next day with 20 blue valiums lol,
Gotta go stupid when I'm high and got cash FFS.

Ive been taking benzos 22 years so I know what effects me. I don't get high no matter what amount. I get relaxed and sleepy.
We have an opiate problem not benzodiazepine one so not just me not getting high.
I litterly know noone who uses them to get high. To come down but not get high

Ive been taking benzos 22 years so I know what effects me. I don't get high no matter what amount. I get relaxed and sleepy.
We have an opiate problem not benzodiazepine one so not just me not getting high.
I litterly know noone who uses them to get high. To come down but not get high

Well, there are plenty in here but irl growing up in the 90s in the UK there were more benzo users than Heroin addicts where I was. Opioid users were into Temgesic other wise known as Buprenorphine.
I know (knew but still kind of know to say hello to) a lot of Alcoholics who would use benzos for coming off the beer but would still take them on their own.
Takes all kinds I guess but there are loads of people who class Benzos as their DoC.

Another thing to add would be "we have an opiate problem, not a benzodiazepine one!"
It's a global forum, not a USA forum. What goes on in the news and the policies of the USA don't have a universal effect on members in here.
If the people you know take benzos to come down on, that's one person's experience, from their area, their small group of friends, from a country that has different trends, different drugs, and different laws than the other people you will be chatting with on here.
One last thing though, If I'd been taking certain drugs for 22 years (33 years I've been taking Opiates and Benzos) and they wasn't getting me high, I'd stop.
I appreciate you mix them but I wouldn't have the patience to take them for that many years without a bigger pay off.

I loved the benzo high and being able to fall asleep with no problems the next day, I just didn't know how bad they were over long term use. But they inhibited me and took away any stress, tension or anxiety almost instantly and the body high was euphoricly smooth which was warm and relaxing, so I just had time for everyone around me, made me very sociable.

benzodiazepine dependency is one of the worst things I would never wish on anyone... it is too easy to get seduced into taking them all the time, then you find life without them is unbearable, pretty soon you need them just to leave the house

ghb is a little nicer though

Benzo's are wildly popular, and I much prefer them to alcohol, I haven't drank in almost 4 months.

GHB is one of the few things I've never really ran into.

The only thing good about alcohol is that, unlike almost every other gabaergic drug, you can drink every day, and if you haven't been addicted before, and you keep it to the evenings, you can do it indefinitely and not get physically addicted. The same is not true for benzos, or GHB, or barbiturates.

But alcohol is so toxic and is one of the very few drugs that seems to bring out violence in some people... in general, wasted people act like idiots and exhibit dangerous levels of inhibition at a much higher rate. Actually benzos do that too to some people. I recently quit alcohol

The only thing good about alcohol is that, unlike almost every other gabaergic drug, you can drink every day, and if you haven't been addicted before, and you keep it to the evenings, you can do it indefinitely and not get physically addicted. The same is not true for benzos, or GHB, or barbiturates.

But alcohol is so toxic and is one of the very few drugs that seems to bring out violence in some people... in general, wasted people act like idiots and exhibit dangerous levels of inhibition at a much higher rate. Actually benzos do that too to some people. I recently quit alcohol

I haven't drank in 4 months now. Definitely do not plan on starting again. It really brings out the worst in me, I was a bad alcoholic through high school and college. It was my first bad addiction and some of the hangovers I recall are the worst feelings I've ever had period. It just doesn't sit well with me.

Alcohol is the worst, stuff straight destroys me physically and every once in awhile I blackout and do something super embarrassing. I'm trying to not drink at all and I just relapsed on Benzos and fucked up in that regard as well. I'm trying to just get stoned and that's it fuck all this other nonsense. Thankfully my friend is being pretty understanding regarding the relapse cuz this other person literally drugged me with Xanax and then robbed me hundreds of dollars pretty much fucking bitch she is I'm so pissed. So yeah needless to say I dont want anything to do with pills whatsoever.

It's not a drug where most people can function on it like you can't take GHB and go to work. I've taken Xanax at work, and it was not a good idea.

Ad alcohol: Didn't expect to read this as often as i have since i'm here, that folks, in a "drug forum", with all their knowledge and experience with many different substances loathe this stuff that much. I kind of agree though. Only negative thing i experienced in leaving alcohol behind is that my resilience when it comes to dealing with drunks while sober became even lower as it was before, it seems. Which is problematic when so many social events revolve around it. But since COVID-19, this is history anyway.

I also havn't really had a chance to make contact with GHB, but i do not live in or close a big city, so..

The only thing good about alcohol is that, unlike almost every other gabaergic drug, you can drink every day, and if you haven't been addicted before, and you keep it to the evenings, you can do it indefinitely and not get physically addicted...
I consent to that, but (and this is not exactly alcohols fault) it's nonetheless pretty addictive/deceptive when it's so engrained in the culture. People don't really need to turn to alcohol to self-medicate/escape problems, it's already in their lifes basically waiting to become one. Also, the extent of denial i've seen in many (myself included) when i comes to (psychological) dependance patterns is huge, so the physical damage/strain done until people act is often significant.

I’ve been very tempted to take GHB on top of meth because of what I have heard it adds to your already high general level of sexual arousal/depravity. However, one of the reasons I like stims is because you always feel in control and I am nervous of anything that lowers your level of consciousness. I’ve seen a few GHB users lying around on the floor snoring and drooling like idiots and would hate to end up in that state. Can’t see any upside in adding benzos to that combination for much the same reason.

I’ve been very tempted to take GHB on top of meth because of what I have heard it adds to your already high general level of sexual arousal/depravity. However, one of the reasons I like stims is because you always feel in control and I am nervous of anything that lowers your level of consciousness. I’ve seen a few GHB users lying around on the floor snoring and drooling like idiots and would hate to end up in that state. Can’t see any upside in adding benzos to that combination for much the same reason.

GHB is tricky to dose but you won't end up like that unless you really push it (just don't redose recklessly and never mix it with alcohol).
Of all the people I've seen in such state most of them were just drunk. GHB is not that different from alcohol, it's less forgiving if you overdo it but the effects are pretty good (more euphoric and clear-headed than alcohol IME).
I've mixed it with meth but only low doses, haven't been able to do a true GHB+Meth combo yet, it was mostly a meth high with a bit of a twist. The only issue I see is that GHB wears off much quicker than meth so one could end up way too overstimulated, specially if you do a bunch of G and then get the famous dopamine rebound. It's better to take it easy at first, just to get a feeling for it and see how you react.

Yes, the combo is insanely euphoric, it's bonkers, and also by far the best sex drug combo, by really far.

Yes!!! Totally. The two really go hand in hand. I find generally people who do one tend to do the other as well.

I consent to that, but (and this is not exactly alcohols fault) it's nonetheless pretty addictive/deceptive when it's so engrained in the culture. People don't really need to turn to alcohol to self-medicate/escape problems, it's already in their lifes basically waiting to become one. Also, the extent of denial i've seen in many (myself included) when i comes to (psychological) dependance patterns is huge, so the physical damage/strain done until people act is often significant.

Totally, mental dependence is the lion's share of addiction anyway, but I just mean in terms of physical addiction. One is still in a better off place if one does not have any physical dependencies, even if the patterns of mental dependence are there.

Ultimately, the reason why alcohol is the most popular intoxicant is because it is so intimately tied in with culture. Fermentation originally allowed us to ensure safe drinking water, so beer and wine have their roots in survival, and comfort. A fundamental process of yeasts is to produce ethanol... this process happens by accident and will continue to happen regardless of legalities. Alcohol is too deeply rooted in so many cultures, and the reason it's the prevalent intoxicant is simply because it's the one that's always been there. I have no doubt that if ethanol was not produced naturally via fermentation, and was recently discovered, it would not have the role it has today in society, and would be considered a dangerous drug.

Until i read here I didn't think people got high on benzos. Passing out relaxed is nice but not a high to me and I take them daily
But people get high off allergy medications so
Wrong. I am getting high on benzos and I do not pass out or fall asleep. Therefore my tolerance is too high.....

JJ

It's not a drug where most people can function on it like you can't take GHB and go to work. I've taken Xanax at work, and it was not a good idea.

I do not understand why you tasted drugs at work??? Especially Xanax if you have no tolerance? Why did you do this? And no, a lot of people can function on it. You just don't know who ;)

JJ

How do you potentiate benzos without having to drink alchol, I'm currently taking Etizolam which isn't s benzo but in the same class I believe, will benadryl do the trick?

You should be glad, I am all for weed. Even in the rave scene, MD isn't that popular anymore

Back in my raving days, people were switching from MDMA to ketamine. A lot of the older folks in the club scene were hooked to GHB. I tried it a few times. I wasn't a big fan of G, I prefered so much ket. From what I had heard, a lot of people from back in the days are now in synthetic opiates or benzo habits. Police seized lots of candy-like pills with RC benzos in them. I never tried benzos, I fear dependance on them. I had opiates for legitimate uses, but I replaced that slowly building habit with CBD products.