• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Why are women attracted to men who are assholes?

people will go a long way to justify their strikeouts with females. follow the confidence... Women dont want to be the man in the relationship, if they did, they'd be lesbians.

...that is all...

I think lesbians are cool.

I don't even want to sleep with one.

I've dated an asshole......I left him. I've dated a nice guy....I married him.

I don't believe that nice guys finish last ;) Assholes die lonely IMO =D

You can keep the Nice guys, I just want the Good ones.

Yes, all of them. ;)

Nice as it is commonly used in relation to guys doesn't mean anything in itself. It means an absence of anything really controversial. Take the constant (oh, so constant) comparisons to assholes. Assholes are easy to define, they define themselves. 'Nice guys' don't even have that going for them. They just are. I would never even consider anyone who defined themselves SOLELY as a 'nice guy' and then compared themself favourably to an 'asshole'. Don't you have anything else to offer me other than an absence of nasty?

Returning to my original statement, give me the good guy! The one who stands by his mates, stands up for his woman, and stands against his woman when that is the path of righteousness. Security is with a man who just shuts the fuck up and does good things.

I tend to think most self described 'nice guys' aren't really as nice as they would like to think, and in fact use this 'finishing last' crap as a foil for their own needy, manipulative victim complexes. I don't want to be too harsh here, as I once considered myself an oft slighted 'nice guy' in a sea of assholes, however I came to realise this was simply a self centered way of rationalising the surfiets of my own behaviour onto others - namely, the opposite sex (chicks just don't dig nice guys, wha wha... Whats their problem? etc).

I am now here to tell you this is all bullshit, unproductive thinking that is sending you down the road to mysoginy. You really are NOT a nice guy. The girls in your life are not the problem, you are. Perhaps you are needy in your relationships, perhaps the girls in your life can do without the subtle manipulation and your lack of responsibility. I say this because implying that your lack relationship success is entirely due to you being 'too nice' (no such thing by the way, perhaps replace 'too nice' with 'too emotionally cloying and smothering' is more apt) you are actually attempting to shift all blame for your current state onto the women in your life. I have news for you... This indicates a troubling tendancy toward mistrust and latent dislike of women, the absolute opposite of a 'nice guy.' I mean, if you think all women in life have hardcoded some intrinsic tendancy to fuck you over for no reasonable cause (or some sham reason like being too 'nice'), then you my freind, are no nice guy at all... You are a sexist, irrational, emotionally damaged basket case that no woman is going to want to deal with. Ditch the baggage of your past relationships already, they are wheighing you down and poisioning your future engagements. All women are not out to break your heart and shipwreck you... If you believe that, then its game over already dude. You may as well just pack up and forget about women for the rest of your life, because you have a deep seated fundamental misunderstanding.

I think perhaps you merely need a little self examination and a need to loosen up. This self centered whining isnt going to get you anywhere. Sorry to sound like a prick, but this is the truth. Self pity will never get you laid. I really am sympathetic to your plight, and its something I'm sure many young men go through before they get a little more age and reflection under their belts. Just take this from me as spoken with the benefit of hindsight. ;)

Last edited:
roshy said:
Nice as it is commonly used in relation to guys doesn't mean anything in itself. It means an absence of anything really controversial.

I disagree. I think the word "Nice" as used in relation to guys means "not abbusive" which is why "nice guys" get so frustrated. They think they treat women well and with respect and hate to see predatory men get laid all the time.

As pointed out, there are a lot of fake nice guys out there. They think they are nice guys but they are not. They get violent and angry and justify it by blaming their girl friends.

My ex girl friend summed it up like this "nice guys are only good for marrying, bad boys are for fucking!" So to all the "nice" guys out there, if you are happy getting sloppy seconds from all the jerks out there fine, be my guest. I gave up on being a nice guy a long time ago and am much happier for it, get laid more often and am happy with slutty women.

orange said:

My ex girl friend summed it up like this "nice guys are only good for marrying, bad boys are for fucking!

^I don't get this mentality at all. WHY in the world would you marry someone who wasn't good at fucking?? :)

hmm, read this whole 'ting'

and was thinkin, I USE 2 be a total asshole, and back then was sleepin with new girl at least every month, but after after 9/10 years with one woman, almost 7 married, do not think as much of a dick, but you know what, that is why women leave exAssholes like I, THEY DO NOT RESPECT them, worse yet, they wanna feel THEY FORCED their man to be nice, otherwise 'still' opressed.
So a bad boy made nice, but not 2 nice, which seems to based on cosmo, chat, and whether anti-family @ time, or pro.

& do not forget that their are a hundred asshole made by the abuse that so many dutiful husbands such as I have endured. Many daddies have likely destroyed lots of girls for us boys, but it is WOMEN that murder men's love of romance

Women need a challenge. When you throw yourself at them , theres no challenge there. Also its kind of pathetic. If a guy is a bit cocky , confident not arrogant and funny , I think , woman are attracted to that. Just because your not smothering a girl with affection , doesnt mean your an asshole. Have a bit of self respect. You should make a girl feel special, but not in a suffocating way.

Wow, this thread must be the longest on any board ever. 3 years running!

I always question this though, i mean i would be considered a good guy, i respect women,would never be arrogant towards them or anything, but i aint all that attractive i don't think.So that's why i think it's crap when women say they don't go for looks. This however does not mean i am going to turn into an asshole,(doesn't mean to say that i ain't going to let women walk all over me or anything either) I am not in a rush to get into a relationship as i have put them at the back of my mind for now, call me a loser if you wish, but whoever truly thinks that is an asshole themselves. It's their loss as far as i'm concerned.

I don't rekon women like assholes for that fact alone. I think they are attracted to someone thats strong (mentally and physically). Sometimes fustrated feelings turn into anger...

SmC said:

I always question this though, i mean i would be considered a good guy, i respect women,would never be arrogant towards them or anything, but i aint all that attractive i don't think.So that's why i think it's crap when women say they don't go for looks.

looks and attractiveness are two different things though... One is purely physical, the other is more of an attitude... Women generally find confident men to be more attractive, so if you're plain but confident and charming, chances are many women will find you attractive. Which is probably why many women say they don't go purely for looks.

listen, its not all about looks, its how you use it. i agree that most 'nice guys' just look desperate. you can be nice but dont smother her. also what a lot of 'nice' guys tend to forget you have to turn the women on intimately. cause if you dont your just a 'friend'

I've lost so much game lately that I shouldn't even be posting here again. When you look good you feel good.This gives you more confidence which turns more heads.Normally only winners have buckets of confidence. It's all animalistic.On top of that I think alot of more agressive men where born with more testosterone. Leading to more attitude and a greater amount of pheremone exertion.

glitterbizkit said:
looks and attractiveness are two different things though... One is purely physical, the other is more of an attitude... Women generally find confident men to be more attractive, so if you're plain but confident and charming, chances are many women will find you attractive. Which is probably why many women say they don't go purely for looks.

Yeah i consider myself to be a confident guy(didn't use to be) i guess i just have to be patient.I saw a programme the other night that women are attracted to men with fame, money&power, a sence of humour was on the list to, but it was way further down the list.(they did experiments to prove it to) no matter how much of an asshole or ugly he might be.To be honest i find that rather sickening and dissapointing.And it explains why so many politicians have wives.

^

first you get the sugar.. then you get the power.. THEN you get the woman :)

I'm nice to genuine girls but i'm a bastard to girls who diserve to be treated bad. If a girl is nice I will do anything for her untill she starts being a bitch then I will be a bastard to her, it's the same with boys tbh. I dunno how well this works :) Opinions?

Dyno_aus said:
^

first you get the sugar.. then you get the power.. THEN you get the woman :)

I tell ya somethin, if i ever have a shitload of money on me, i aint going to waste it on some slut after working my ass off for it.:D Some women out there can be manipulative like that, you don't think thats true?Go and see a dr phil programme called 'golddiggers'.Not all women are like that though obviously, but it does explain a few things.

Its hard to tell, who is an arse hole and who is not, as people are different, when with different people and then, what I see in a Picasso painting others might not.

Power, money, status, circumstances and enviroments can make a world of difference to who is classed as a plank and who is not.