• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why are TMA, MMDA, MDA, and mescaline so rare?

<pyridinyl_30>

Bluelighter
I have a chemical education, so don't tell me they are any harder to synth than MDMA, which has been nearly all over the world for some time now.

I think there may be some kind of chemical conspiracy to suppress the (probably deeply spiritual) nature of these spice cabinet psychedelic amphetamines.

Either that, or they must suck in actuality.

Simple: they are much less financially-lucrative than MDMA. Most people know what Ecstasy is, but ask them about TMA, and you're likely to get strange looks.

p.s. To be fair, mescaline isn't exactly a "spice cabinet psychedelic amphetamine," and MDA is not that rare...

Mescaline can be made from the oil of elemi which qualifies it as an "essential oil amphetamine" or "essential amphetamine" as Shulgin puts it if not a "spice cabinet amphetamine." And, yes I agree, MDA is not all that rare.

Edit: Oops, mescaline is by definition a 2C and not an amphetamine, but it can still be made from elemicin.

TMA-2 sounds pretty crap compared to other stuff anyway, I would rarther take 2C-B/I/E any day

Yeah, I took 75mg TMA2 and didn't even like it very much at all; ditto for TMA6.

I would love to try 3,4-DMA though.

yeah, sounds interesting, but I still have not been lucky enough to try mescaline, and really want to give that a go..

with something like 3,4-DMA you need to either make it yourself or know somebody who can, certainly isn't going to turn up on the street!

Let's not play the this-drug-is-crap game. For me and many people, TMA-2 is one of the best psychedelics out there.

Btw, Mescaline is neither an Essential Amphetamine nor a 2C. 2Cs, DOx, and TMA-2 all have a 2,4,5 ring substitution pattern, while Mescaline and TMA are a 3,4,5 substitution pattern. Very different drug altogether.

Mescaline is not common because the required dose insanely high: 300-400mg--it is just not an efficient compound. I would guess that MDA isn't as rare as most think. If you are a consumer of 'molly' (and especially so-called 'E' pressies), chances are you've had at least a little MDA in your life, probably mixed with MDMA. And TMA-2 is supposed to be WAY better than TMA itself--I though TMA-2 was the best of the trimethoxyamphetamines (with TMA-6 being a runner up). I would love to try MMDA, however. It seems like a really bizarre, non-typical psychedelic.

MMDA: One time I drank 4oz of nutmeg oil; does that count?

Sorry, I didn't mean to disrespect TMA2 lovers. I too liked it better than TMA6 (although they were very similar). It's just not one of my favorites.

For example, I would rather have 2CT2 than TMA2. (I've never had ALEPH2, but I would imagine that it is even better still.)

I guess my point in starting this thread was that I really don't see why we don't find more pressed pills with MMDA or TMA. The precursors and procedures for their manufacture are remarkably similar to that of MDA/MDMA.

Perhaps it's because PiHKAL used the highly explosive and unstable tetranitromethane for MMDA and started with the benzaldehdye for TMA, leaving clandestine chemists with no verbatim synthetic procedure to follow.

At any rate, I think a Mickey Mouse stamped pill with 100mg MDA, 100mg MMDA, and 100mg TMA in it would be a lovely idea. "Sparkly," I believe, is the term Sasha used to describe his experience with this particular combination of compounds.

^ I would imagine TMA would be way too psychedelic and not empathogenic enough for your average non-suspecting E user, and would be deemed bad pills by most.

Nutmeg oil certainly does not count. If I eat anise/licorice, I do not feel intoxicated (as PMA would suggest), nor would I test positive for amphetamines. Same goes to other common condiments such as dill and parsley. I wish this idea of endogenous amphetamine-production would just go away...

Au contraire, mon freir.

Contrary to safrole and anisole, myristicin and--to a lesser extent--elemicin are psychoactive in their own right.

Trust me, drink a 4oz bottle of 8 to 9% pure myrisiticin ("essential oil of nutmeg") and you won't need rabbit liver aminases to feel a buzz for several weeks or months afterwards even.

You see, I never invoked the debunked rabbit liver amination myth. However, I didn't need to because widespread anecdotal evidence makes it plain enough to see that even nutmeg powder possesses mild to moderate hallucinogenic acitivity, sometimes bordering on the bizarre, when ingested in sufficient quantities.

For example, ever since that time (10 years ago) I have had colored photographic memory flashes of images on demand inside my mind, and needless to say, was quite loony for a time afterwards.

That being said, around the same time, I did run across some green 80 to 100mg MMDA pills, and that experience was even more electrifying. All in all, the amphetamine adduct of myristicin is to be much preferred to the essential oil ingestion route, although the after effects of the latter last much longer than those of the former.

Hope that helps. As for Shulgin's claim that 100mg MDA, 100mg MMDA, and 100mg TMA was indeed quite a "sparkly" combination, well, we can only take his word for it (or not) as is printed in PiHKAL, and I--for one--am a firm believer.

^ Oh, don't get me wrong. Yes, I agree that these compounds are psychoactive on their own right, but they likely have nothing to do with Amphetamines, as you seem to agree as well...

yeah seems I was a bit flippant saying TMA-2 didn't sound good, this part of a TR on Erowid sounds promising

Erowid: The music begins to turn very interesting and I can forget most of the outside world by closing eyes and concentrating on music. I look at the silhouettes of trees through the window. They have become alive, all branches squirming and swirling like an ant hive. Busy trees.

Synthetic mescaline will make a comeback -- just give it a bit of time. Its truly the Rolls Royce of psychedelics; so there will always be some sort of demand for it. Nobody panic. :)

Maybe the clandestine underworld doesn't know to use ozonolysis on isoelemicin from the essential oil of elemi to get the necessary starting benzaldehdye until now.

<crosses fingers>

<waits>

Roger&Me said:
Synthetic mescaline will make a comeback -- just give it a bit of time. Its truly the Rolls Royce of psychedelics; so there will always be some sort of demand for it. Nobody panic. :)

Problem lies in having to take such large doses (mescaline) I reckon....Still, its out there just rare.

Mescaline shouldn't cost anything more per gram than cocaine, heroin, or molly for instance.

I don't think the market for real, pure powdered mescaline salt has ever been there, and perhaps more sinister still, that's because someone doesn't want the market to be there. Yeah, I know, call me a conspiracy theorist, but I just don't see why else synthetic mescaline is nowhere to be found outside the lab more based on only chemical and economic considerations.

Those so called "microdots" of the 1990's in the US were not, contrary to popular belief, mescaline at all; they were powdered, pressed LSD pills. And my experience extracting the stuff from various cacti was a gustatorily disgusting, pharmacologically underwhelming experience.

If it's so great, why can't we have any?

I don't know about mesc, or tma but mda isn't that popular because of the horrific comedowns. MDMA might not last as long or give the same effects, but it also doesn't give such awful side effects for the next week.

Well, that makes sense then. And TMA is supposed to have the worst body load of them all. And MMDA at 300mg has been described in PiHKAL as being suddenly "hit over the head with an anvil." Another sensitive artist type after MMDA loudly proclaimed, "I WAS NOT READY FOR THE OLYMPIAN UNIVERSE."

Well, I think some of us are by now.

Then you've got the mescaline high dosage expense per gram problem, so I guess we live in a logical world after all. Still, I'm willing to bet that there's a large psychedelic using elite willing to pay a premium for the full blown synthetic mescaline experience, among other things. Let's roll!