• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Benzos Why are stimulants more controlled than benzos?

It's already happening dude. Lots of the dope on the street is cut with rc benzos. Not to mention etazene drugs and xylazine. That's why so many people are dying. It's a toxic drug supply. This article is a couple years old but yeah the heroin is testing positive for benzos. I think I got a batch once myself. One of my last batches before I quit regular dope use 3 years ago.

Yeah xylazine is common, but in practice, based on thousands of analytical results from around the country, it appears to be extremely rare to find benzodiazepines of any sort in street fentanyl/heroin:

That sample is large enough in size and well enough distributed to get a pretty clear picture of how rare it is.

But if benzos were as common as xylazine, it would be some fucked up shit, creating binary addictions to both fentanyl and benzodiazepines. On the flip side, if benzos were as common of an adulterant as xylazine, the rate of fatal overdoses would be significantly higher, since benzos make opioids far more lethal, thus wiping out the customer base.

at least according to some vice documentary I saw benzodope is problem in some parts of USA but who knows

it was about some female fent dealer who protects her costumers by selling fent without xylazine or benzos

I think Snafus answer is probably most spot on, but also I don't think we should discount the fact that the government (s) have absolutely no clue wtf they are doing regarding substances and everything is ass backwards.

IMHO people tend to understimate the extent to which politicians will cheerfully admit to being fancy game show hosts.

In my opinion, benzos are one of the most dangerous drugs that can be prescribed. There's not much out there that I can take three of, drive my car into a lake, steal everything I see, and not remember any of it in the morning. Withdraws are substantially worse than opiates too. Don't get me wrong, I love benzos, but there's really no reason they should be prescribed to anybody to take more than once a week or so for acute problems.

Doesn't make much sense to me too. They each have their upsides and downsides. Benzos create an alcohol-like effect for most, so it fits into the social context more. I guess though stimulants can make you descend down the rabbit hole pretty fast comparatively, ruining lives quickly.

It's still fentanyl. Why not protect the users by selling H?
I agree. Unless "protecting" people is investing some serious cash into pharmaceutical mixing equipment, and proper test equipment to make sure there's no hotspots, selling fentanyl in any form isn't helping anyone. Unfortunately, reliable equipment that is capable of handling a drug as potent as fentanyl happens to be VERY expensive, and purchasing it will definitely put you on a list.

It might be an unpopular opinion, but I couldn't agree more. Selling real heroin saves lives.

They are both highly controlled in the US, but of course drugs like Adderal, Ritalin, Concerta, etc., are commonly prescribed for ADHD, as you know, and have a very different safety profile. Obviously lots of abuse potential with stimulants, but again, you can discontinue stimulants safely any time. Of course, there are withdrawals, but they resolve much more quickly and safely than benzos.

Compared to the past decades, they don't dish out benzos like candy as they had in the past. The risk profile for benzos obviously contributes to that, in that we all know that sudden cessation can lead to nightmares for those taking them, and often lead to inpatient stays. Having worked in a hospital setting for several decades, and working hand and hand with prescribers as a clinician, I can tell you that without a doubt, MDs and APRN's are far less likely to prescribe benzos (and of course, opiates) today than in the past, mostly for liability reasons, especially for the young and the old, and of course to a lesser degree, those in the middle, as it were.

You can't forget that the Medical Industrial Complex is obviously very aware of what drugs are sought most frequently, and the risks in prescribing them. And again...when it comes to have a medical license and wanting to keep it, prescribers are acutely aware of the risks and don't want to lose their licenses or be sued due to patients reactions to the prescribed drugs, abuse/addiction potential, and obviously the precarious nature of withdrawals that can be life threatening, as in the case with benzos. I don't love that liability is often a major determining factor, but it's very real having known and knowing countless doctors and APRNs. And of course, the whole Oxycontin controversy made it far harder for everyone, especially those that suffer chronic pain. Even they have been, in many ways, shut off, shut out, and/or have more difficulty getting opiates in general. I know because I work with many pain management clients and have heard the stories.

My doctor will freely prescribe benzos and hydromorph but when i asked for some adderal or ritilan for energy(MS flares makes me extremely fatigued) they said no because it's addictive. I found that odd considering the scripts he gives me already are extremely addictive.

Probably for the best, last thing i need is a stim habit.