• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Why are Spirit Contacts Often Percieved as Feminine?

ParappaTheRapper

Ex-Bluelighter
I have perceived this myself. I've met "female" feeling entities. Why does this happen? Or rather, why is it such a common thing people experience.
I personally am male, and not bisexual, so I really grasp at what the meanings behind this could be. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about this more in earlier, younger years.

Any thoughts?

I have perceived this myself. I've met "female" feeling entities. Why does this happen? Or rather, why is it such a common thing people experience.
I personally am male, and not bisexual, so I really grasp at what the meanings behind this could be. I'd be lying if I said I didn't think about this more in earlier, younger years.

Any thoughts?

I think most people, men & women, have a preconceived notion of what masculinity is. It often includes very stereotypical characteristics like aggression, stoicism, lack of emotional depth. I've even heard most men's perception of masculinity derives from what they think other men perceive as masculinity (making the whole concept not really supported by anything). I think when things or people fall outside of that perception, then it's perceived as either femine or queer. Truth is men can be just as emotional as women but men are more typical brought up to suppress intense negative emotions like sadness and fear. If psychedelics are entheogens, then the God-within should reflect the emotional of the user and it doesn't make it nessecarily feminine.

maybe it's subconscious super early memories of suckling on mommas teet

Maybe you are actually female in another realm, and you are currently observing the inverse of said realm.

Personally I believe it's because once your state of mind has been completely altered, you tend to search for frames where you find yourself safe or comfortable. You may perceive the female presence as calming. Also I believe a motherly figure quite frequently have a major impact on your upbringing(can differ), so when you're put into a mystical state, your subconsciousness absorbs knowledge from the present spirit.

Any thoughts?

Why would "meeting" female spirits imply anything about your sexuality?

Well ive heard gay people say they feel like women trapped in male bodies.

Also if you move past the possibility of actually contacting god, projection comes into play.

It was just a thought.

Also if you move past the possibility of actually contacting god, projection comes into play.

It was just a thought.

That's silly, not all gay men feel like a woman trapped in a man's body. Some people that feel that way aren't even gay.

As to the spirits there is supposed to be a feminine and male side to everyone no matter the gender, sexuality, etc. A ying yang type deal. "Feminine" and "male" are just arbitrary terms we assign based on our culture and society anyways.

You might want to read up on Jungs Anima and animus concepts. I like (surrealistic director) Alexander Jorodowsky's interpretation that since we have forced what a female is supposed be and don't really understand what it is we don't know what our male side is either because you can't really understand what one is without the other so everyone is walking around with a confused anima and animus.

whether or not i am releasing a neurotic fear erwoid DMT trip reports gave me prior to trying it in a self-revealing way is relevant

and by jung do you mean carl jung??

The reason I think we assume most of these entities are female is because they feel like warm, positive and almost maternally nurturing beings, attributes we typically classify as feminine. I totally know what you're talking about, I experienced this the other night during a mushroom trip. I met two entities, both came off as female. Imagine the comfort of a mother's soft, safe, welcoming embrace as she holds your head gently against her warm bosom...I feel like the entities offer that same embrace but for your consciousness.

What you have heard is a metaphor trying to fit into the more close-minded heterosexual view of society, not an actual description of what it's like. Gay men feel like men, because they are. Transwomen are women who are trapped in male bodies, but that's something totally different from being gay.

But, it is perhaps worth noting for your interests that I myself am a transwomen, and 99% of my entities are female. This is not a "because they feel feminine" thing as has already been mentioned. My entities are always completely rendered visually, i.e. I see them perfectly and they are about as feminine as it gets. Often they are wearing fancy dresses or latex and the like. The focus is (obviously, if you're paying attention to that last bit) extremely sexual. So, for me at least it's not just because of a feeling of motherly warmth, or what have you.

If it means anything to you, I should note that I'm also primarily attracted to men. The entities I see give me more of a feeling of empowerment rather than one of lusting for them.

Last edited:
In traditional archetypes we have "mother nature" and always associate nature with the feminine. Psychedelics are tied into nature from their origin as plant medicines, and often that shows up in the content of a trip, largely simply due to their cultural representation and history - so just as we associate them with nature that association goes on to being feminine. I'm sure if you ask enough people about trips they'd regard as either being feminine in nature of feeling like there was some kind of feminine entity in the trip like a mother or sister watching over them or whatever that a huge percentage of those trips will have been on tryptamines which tend to be the more head-fucky psychedelics but also are the ones associated more associated with nature in my opinion due to how tied in to different cultures mushrooms and ayahuasca are. Also salvia is tied into nature in a similar way and is often associated with a female presence, which stands to reason.

It seems totally unrelated, but I'd like to point out that we all have testosterone and estrogen, male or female. Respectively, males have more of the former and less of the latter, vice versa for females.

...we are all one.

That is all. :)

Was your entity naked?
Personally, I have no interest in meeting some entity with a "set" hanging down...maybe it's just me.
Oh, and I, too, sometimes meet entities and they are always female and always naked...go figure.

Don't forget about the entheogens that carry a distinctly male energy, like Peyote (Grandfather), Iboga (Father), other psychoactive cacti, and some might argue others like Syrian Rue or Tobacco.

Maybe a female can chime in...?
I still think it has to do with what we want to see, what is aesthetically pleasing to the individual...unless, of course, you believe that you, personally, have no control over who/what you meet...I think I do have some input, even if it's unconsciously.

^ Already did. ;) And I agree with your theory 100%. Actually, I think it depends on the drug to an extent - as I said I always see females, but the clothes they wear are actually consistently themed by each psychedelic, and have proven to remain such even after YEARS of abstinence. There are also structural trends; the clothes they wear on mushrooms is extremely similar to what they wear on metocin and miprocin, but not on LSD. As far as what we actually control though, I think it's guided by emotions.... That helps justify the fact that those who feel in control of their trips might have more malleable entities, and those who feel totally out of control might end up with much more random situations. Personally, it's practically impossible to make me feel out of control on a psychedelic, and those sexy girls are all I ever see, and all I ever want to see. But, it's notable that I'm also I'm also extremely euphoric on 99% of my trips. I'm a transwoman, so feeling euphoric to me is subconsciously strongly connected to concepts of femininity. And, on the sole trip I've ever had where I was tripping hard enough to have entities but was physically very uncomfortable, they were all male. Coincidence?

I'm a female and most of the entities I've encountered have been gender neutral / androgynous.

Female is the default form in most species, including asexual species. The male form came as an adaptation later. Even in utero, boys start out as girls until the Y chromosome kicks in.

Most non-human entities are actually androgynous, but they make take on male or female forms if that's what you're projecting.

What you have heard is a metaphor trying to fit into the more close-minded heterosexual view of society, not an actual description of what it's like. Gay men feel like men, because they are. Transwomen are women who are trapped in male bodies, but that's something totally different from being gay.

But, it is perhaps worth noting for your interests that I myself am a transwomen, and 99% of my entities are female. This is not a "because they feel feminine" thing as has already been mentioned. My entities are always completely rendered visually, i.e. I see them perfectly and they are about as feminine as it gets. Often they are wearing fancy dresses or latex and the like. The focus is (obviously, if you're paying attention to that last bit) extremely sexual. So, for me at least it's not just because of a feeling of motherly warmth, or what have you.

If it means anything to you, I should note that I'm also primarily attracted to men. The entities I see give me more of a feeling of empowerment rather than one of lusting for them.
Thank you, I guess I should have paid more attention to your post, It seems strange to that being primarily attracted to men you would still see women, but I can understand the empowerment thing...somewhat.
For me though, I see naked women because I'm lusting after them...Also, the female form is just more aesthetically pleasing to the eye, even to women, I think...?or am I wrong?
Females are sleek and streamlined and guys have that dick and balls that upset the basic "smoothness" of form, the lines, if you will.
I'm probably just being a little bit Neanderthal though, huh?
Anyway, I am just rambling now and will probably piss some people off, maybe I already have...?
So I'll shut up now