• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Why are so many holy men sexist creeps?

I feel bad for people who are convinced that sex is evil
It's evil when it's not consented. That's a universal evil in my mind.

You are using the word "evil" in a religious context here but the implications are much more far reaching than the bible and the topic is more wide spread than some hard headed church goers.

On the opposite end of evil, is consenting sex between two adults. Some of the most prude and homophobic people I've come across came to their own conclusions about sex without religious influence. In fact, every instance of homophobia that I've ever come across in my life was in a non-religious setting. It's almost as if religion has become a scapegoat for humanity's own failure.

It's evil when it's not consented. That's a universal evil in my mind.

You are using the word "evil" in a religious context here but the implications are much more far reaching than the bible and the topic is more wide spread than some hard headed church goers.

On the opposite end of evil, is consenting sex between two adults. Some of the most prude and homophobic people I've come across came to their own conclusions about sex without religious influence. In fact, every instance of homophobia that I've ever come across in my life was in a non-religious setting. It's almost as if religion has become a scapegoat for humanity's own failure.
Maybe third party homophobia is a subjective experience but nearly all of the homophobia I've witnessed in my life were from bible-thumping protestant christians.

My experience of growing up gay in the early 60's in a small religious community is skewed because 100% of the homophobia and abuse I suffered was from the religious community. There simply were no others to abuse me more or less.

Because I came to understand I was gay in a world where gay was considered a death sentence I became very concerned that either God was broken or the Religions were wrong. It still took most of my life to work through all the incorrect information.

It was a hard life as a teen but I wasnt the first person to have to learn on their own that religions are just rules made up by people long dead, for reasons that don't really exist anymore either. If you ever wondered what living people being controlled by "dead spirits" in a literal sense is like just go to church.

I should say I often did attend when it was still allowed, there are still gay children being born to religious families so its important for them to see they dont need to let the make believe rules destroy their lives.

I mentioned this in another thread.

I know a lot of white hippies that like eastern religion. It surprises 100% of them how many gurus turn out to be sexual deviants.

Gandhi took a vow of celibacy when he was 38.

32 years later, he was conducting "celibacy tests" by sleeping naked in a bed with young women including his great niece (aged 19) and his nephew's wife.

Gandhi is not popular in India. Don't believe me? Ask the next five Indian people you meet what they think of him. The guy was a fundamentalist nutjob.

Is it celibacy that makes people do this shit?

That's what I used to think, but there are many other non celibate gurus that took advantage of their followers.

School teachers and doctors are also more likely to be deviants.

Is it a power thing?

Is this human nature?
Simple answer is we are in Kali Yuga.

As to the comment "I know a lot of white hippies that like eastern religion. It surprises 100% of them how many gurus turn out to be sexual deviants." oh please learn what you speak of.

I guess I could be called "white" as this cycle around I'm in a body that is sen as "white" & I love the Hindu ideas (Chamunda, Kali, Shiva, Matangi etc) but I'm not some "hippie" but to your point it depends upon the Hindu door you go through, try tell a LHP Tantric they are "sexual deviants" or even try to tell me and we will laugh in your face.

You clearly have no idea what you speak on sadly like most people.

@Zopiclone bandit

I didn't mean you are a white hippy. I don't know anything about you, but you don't strike me as they hippy type. I was talking about people I've known throughout my life. I didn't say tantra was sexual deviancy, either. I'm a full blown sexual freak. I seriously doubt you have broken down as many barriers in that department than I have. I will literally fuck anyone, but it has to be consensual. What I am referring to - in this thread - is non consensual acts where holy men use their position of power to abuse their followers. This not only happens in the Catholic church. It seems to happen wherever religion exists. Hinduism is certainly not removed from the issue and neither is Buddhism.

we are in Kali Yuga

Kali is the most popular of the Hindu gods with foreigners, it seems. I've read the stories and they are less comprehensible (and less consistent) than the books of the Old Testament.

There is a version of Kali in almost every religion and there is a version of Kali Yuga in many belief systems including the Abrahamic religions. I don't find Hinduism to be thematically unique. It would make the best comic book adaptation of all major religions, though. I'll give you that.

You clearly have no idea what you speak on sadly like most people.

Or, perhaps I just have a different perspective. It seems like your assumption here is that you are correct and anyone who disagrees with you is ignorant.

Most Indian people would disagree with you.

I mentioned this in another thread.

I know a lot of white hippies that like eastern religion. It surprises 100% of them how many gurus turn out to be sexual deviants.

Gandhi took a vow of celibacy when he was 38.

32 years later, he was conducting "celibacy tests" by sleeping naked in a bed with young women including his great niece (aged 19) and his nephew's wife.

Gandhi is not popular in India. Don't believe me? Ask the next five Indian people you meet what they think of him. The guy was a fundamentalist nutjob.

Is it celibacy that makes people do this shit?

That's what I used to think, but there are many other non celibate gurus that took advantage of their followers.

School teachers and doctors are also more likely to be deviants.

Is it a power thing?

Is this human nature?
Positions of power attracted those who would use it. + lax self regulation. Means that groups of weirdos can control large swathes of ppl.

Also the whole thing about fucking with vulnerable ppl through places where they seek refuge really dose it for that kind of person.