• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Why are my pictures blocked??

Egzoset

Bluelighter
"X"s everywhere!!

So why should one care to work hard on a couple illustrations just to find out it's now showing up anyway!...(n)

Hey, can ya give an example? A specific post?
Cannot say that I have noticed it but maybe the image returned by ISP has blocked it? Antivirus? Maybe this should be moved to site tech help if it is global.
Thanks

Hey, can ya give an example? A specific post?

Hexo-OS-Reserve-Original-Stash-640x480.png

[ https:// i.postimg.cc/2y0HM8kJ/Hexo-OS-Reserve-Original-Stash-640x480.png ]

The image failed to show up except for a red "X" mark that was returned instead, while following its source URL sure displayed my intended image normally - and there was plenty of those just a few hours ago, but re-using it right now i'd say if it's some PostImages (host) issue then that appears solved at the moment...

So lets make an addition today anyway, time shall tell. :unsure:

🤞

Good dat, have fun!! ☮️

occasionally my images will be blocked if I use "https" in the URL address. just gotta go in and drop that s and go old-school with http.

if that's not the issue then I can't really be of any help here.

Salutations Jibult,

occasionally my images will be blocked if I use "https"...

It didn't feel obvious to me before but that's not a 1st occurence and now i get the impression it's the host itself trying to gain a few clics... Namely PostImages, though i also noticed that even external images hosting still passed through your on-line "parser" (in lack of a more suitable term), and i did experience other odd events with that "ghost in the machine", starting with how BB colouring affects even NON-Selected areas! So, i wish that's only about clics, but in all honesty it seems kind of premature to exclude BB configuration errors on this present XenForo board, to put it so everyone gets it. Or more precisely, flipping between editor interfaces generates BB code which didn't exist before: the objects ain't equivalent after the on-line parser modified its copy, meaning the 2 objects are NOT reciprocally equivalent. In other words the on-line parser interferes with normal text-formatting functions which most people probably never have a use for until they start to get bored with a telegraphic format as from iPhones.

And i was about to write a long post full of those images, which is why i prefer to check what's to expect, because it's involving many hours of sustained attention over BB code the average poster would rarely need to rely on...

In any case the colouring feature is clearly broken, sorry to start your day that way. 😌

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

P.S.: The original images returned after clics were made while visiting PostImage's web pages. Coïncidence?... ;)

Egsozet; what kind of photo camera are you using to get the pictures of the trichomes?

thanks

Tom

Salutations Thomas Davie,

Egsozet; what kind of photo camera are you using to get the pictures of the trichomes?

Nothing but some basic microscope, supplemented with patience, e.g. quite a lot of sampling just to pick the select few snapshots actually worth of publication.
Google images: Veho Microscope Aveo Technology "USB2.0 Camera" 1871-7670 (Ven-Prod)

It turns out some cheap Veho clones are available even from Walmart Canada and at only a fraction of the cost if compared to the genuine unit sold via BestBuy, which implies 2 MPx technology, though correctly rated as "200X magnification", contrary to over-estimated clones supposed to reach 1000X... In any case i strongly suggest going for 5 Mpx sensors, a stable adjustable support (X-Y "vernier" adj. works best!), and hopefully wireless or at least with a Flash SD/μSD drive. The later feature being particularily convenient "in the field", i guess...

Relatively to obtaining decent slides from the SQdC i'd suggest having a good look at samples with the word "organic" attached to them, for example:

The Green Organic Dutchman (highlydutch.ca)​
Highly Dutch organic - Amsterdam Sativa 28 g​
THC 4.65 mg/g -- Total THC 222.67 mg/g​
CBD 0.00 mg/g -- Total CBD 0.65 mg/g​

This one ain't just "organically grown", post-harvest processing does it better justice as well, under the form of nice calixes with a fully-mature appearance (compared to all previous SQdC stuff previously examined)... Not to mention that fans of 62 % RH products will appreciate the addition of this other feature:

Desiccare Inc. (integraboost.com)​
Integra Boost 62 8 gr​
2-Way Humidity Regulator​

Which i figure may probably help to protect a bag's content by leaving sufficient mechanical relience in the trichome stems to prevent these from breaking in transportation transit. In other words trichome glands would fall off and collect at the bottom if too dry, right?

Good day, have fun! ☮️

Last edited:
Egzoset; thanks. I’ve got a couple of cameras I’m looking at on Amazon. Although I haven’t tried the Amsterdam Sativa, I did try the Rotterdam organic indica. I don’t know what to think of it b/cmO’ve never tried 100% organic cannabis that I know of.

I do use the integra boost every time I make a purchase; and then it goes into Mylar foil bags w/integra package for long term storage. I’ve found that with opening said foil bag every day it stays relatively fresh for 4-6 weeks? Perhaps.

This, Legend Sativa was purchased today when I went to get Covid vaccination. Packaged February 22nd (47 days).

hkcmctkm.jpg

and
MLDJBeEm.jpg

Too dry, so integra 8g 62% rh packet. had to place it in new storage. /c had to cut the package open. I will try to start taking better photographs.

Tom

Egzoset; thanks. I’ve got a couple of cameras I’m looking at on Amazon. Although I haven’t tried the Amsterdam Sativa, I did try the Rotterdam organic indica. I don’t know what to think of it b/cmO’ve never tried 100% organic cannabis that I know of.

I do use the integra boost every time I make a purchase; and then it goes into Mylar foil bags w/integra package for long term storage. I’ve found that with opening said foil bag every day it stays relatively fresh for 4-6 weeks? Perhaps.

This, Legend Sativa was purchased today when I went to get Covid vaccination. Packaged February 22nd (47 days).

hkcmctkm.jpg

and
MLDJBeEm.jpg

Too dry, so integra 8g 62% rh packet. had to place it in new storage. /c had to cut the package open. I will try to start taking better photographs.

Tom

TD, those buds probably smoke great but those pictures look really strange to me... Am I just high? It's like.... they look gloomy or something. I'm not trying to talk shit, it's just I am really high and a little drunk right now and those pics remind me of uncle fester for some reason.

I fuck with that little hairy sum bitch on the left, though. I'd probably save him for last, just because he's special.

Maybe it's just because I like my weed to be a bright green. It's just an aesthetic but still, it's the one that seems right to me.

Jibult; no, there is something weird with these buds. Photo was taken w/ a crappy iPod 7th gen camera. Smell isn’t great either; kinda like piney apple or fuel/apple. It’s called Apple Pie. It gets the job done and I couldn’t wait until 420 for sales.

Tom

Guys, I cleaned up the personal attack content in hopes of keeping the forum free of petty squabbles.
If you feel it has created a hardship for you or members of your family by having this conten removed, please PM a sr mod, admin or god to be absolved and posts returned to previous positions.
Thanks and godspeed.