Why are mods allowed to ban ppl and then insult them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Wooderson

Bluelighter
I am not saying all mods by any means are guilty of banning me because they are butthurt, and then go on to tell me to continue to "go beat your kids" (I have none), but the fact that its obvious certain mods have mental issues that need medical intervention, perhaps it would be a good idea to keep on eye on their activities.

I also dont appreciate being told that I have "been under surveillance for a while".

Seriously guys wtf?

I feel I deserve an explanation because to say nothing only strengthens my suspicion that certain ppl with mod privileges are abusing them and becoming hostile towards members for nothing more than differing ideology.

This is what was sent to me after a first message telling me to beat my kids

THE_REAL_OBLIVION said:
Dear David Wooderson,

You have received an infraction at Bluelight.

Reason: Violation of forum guidelines
-------
I had this guy under surveillance since a while.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
https://www.bluelight.org/xf_live/index.php?posts/13849617/
Does everyone think it will take one, or two terms before President Trump becomes Emperor of the World?

latest

I hope it doesn't take 2 terms for everyone else to get a taste of the orangey awesomeness!!!!

Coming to a town near you!!!!!!!!!!

All the best,
Bluelight

wtf.... this is ridiculous and i agree some mods clearly don't know how to moderate

that infraction was overturned on review and your ban is already lifted.

if you see other posts or pms you feel are problematic, please report them.

thanks.

alasdair

that infraction was overturned on review and your ban is already lifted.

if you see other posts or pms you feel are problematic, please report them.

thanks.

alasdair

The first pm about telling me to beat my kids deleted itself.

I can be abrasive in political and ethical conversations, but I never thought this kind of thing happened outside the lounge.

That is specifically why I don't fuck with the lounge, but if this is spilling over, then there is a problem.

I appreciate your attention alasdair but can someone explain what the surveillance bit was about?

What kinds of tools or personal information are mods given access to that would allow them to do surveillance?

What kinds of tools or personal information are mods given access to that would allow them to do surveillance?
forum moderators do not have access to any more personal information than regular bluelighters.

alasdair

That's weird. I'm pretty sure they can see what other sites you are on and what you are doing with your IP. Correct me if I am wrong ali.

I can read your thoughts and know what colour underwear you're wearing

I'm pretty sure they can see what other sites you are on and what you are doing with your IP.
that is completely incorrect.

i don't even know what this means: "they can see what other sites you are on"? staff can't even see member ip addresses let alone see "what you are doing with your IP". both of these are nothing more than paranoid scare-mongering.

as i said, forum moderators do not have access to any more personal information than regular bluelighters.

alasdair

there may be cameras on your roof but we did not put them there nor are we surveilling you.

alasdair

original question has been asked and answered.

closed.

alasdair

Status
Not open for further replies.