• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why are 20 mg Sandoz tablets wrecking me with extreme tiredness?

45acp

Greenlighter
So I am trying various avenues to manage pain. After many years on daily scripts including hydros, oxys, bupe; recently decide to forgo the scripts and go on my own. My hydros included mostly IR up to 60mg/day as well as ER Zohydro. My oxy use (non acetaminophen) I never tried oxycontin just straight 20 mg oxy IR from KVK pharmaceutical. I would use 30 mg in the first 60-90 minutes of the day to control pain and then dose with 10 mg throughout the day as necessary. Yeah my head would get a little wacky, but I never once became tired or dizzy at all and always took them sublingual.

I recently acquired 80 mg Sandoz ER I believe it’s designed for 24 hour dosing. My thoughts were to use 20 mg every 12 hours and see where things shake out. Ignoring the pain relive effectiveness, I find that taking 20 mg as a ER I can feel pain relief kick in over the next two hours, but also extreme level of mental tiredness something that might be described as “nodding” which I have never experienced before but hear others talk about. The nodding lasts a good 6-8 hour which is when the pain relief starts to fade as well. I need to stay on my feet and keep moving otherwise I’ll faceplant on my desk. So then after two days I decide to try the IR effects of the Sandoz, so if I take the 10-20mg and pulverize it defeating the extended-release mechanism (European formulation) I find taking this sublingual once it hits causes the same extreme drowsiness but also a sense of loss of equilibrium almost like my head is spinning. These symptoms last just 2-3 hours during normal half life period.

I know different manufacturers can produce different efficacy rates of the same drug. I suppose side effects can vary by manufacturer as well and unfortunately what I am experiencing here seems to be a deal breaker. I was looking to hear from anyone that also may have used Sandoz with similiar symptoms?

If you are obtaining Sandoz 80mg oxy's and they steamroll over you unlike any oxy's you are familiar with, there is a big chance that your oxy's are fakers laced with fentanyl.
Fentanyl based fake Oxy 80s are what killed Prince.

If 20mg ER is way stronger than 20mg IR, it sounds a lot like thats going on.

If you are obtaining Sandoz 80mg oxy's and they steamroll over you unlike any oxy's you are familiar with, there is a big chance that your oxy's are fakers laced with fentanyl.
Fentanyl based fake Oxy 80s are what killed Prince.

If 20mg ER is way stronger than 20mg IR, it sounds a lot like thats going on.
After reading your post I went and changed my drawers then got out the test kit posted here; I think it reads negative? First time ever used it. Gave me a new perspective however on the possibilities out there. The nodding and lethargy from a simple 20 mg are so great I have actually stopped using it. Must be something in the Sandoz formulation and the way I metabolize it does not do well with me. I can use 10 mg sub-lingual gives very little pain relief and causes some tiredness. I take another 10 maybe 30 minutes later and nodding gets much worse and just ruins the next 3 hours. If I swallow without crushing half the day is ruined. I just received some fent-laced M30 presses (so I am told have not tested) I crush mix in water and sip and seems to work well for pain takes a few hours to build up. And gives me a fraction of the tiredness as the Sandoz. I don’t get it but it is what it is. Thanks for the input.

I can't see the results but with my covid test 2 lines meant positive, 1 line being the control line and one line being the test line. The control line must show for the test to be valid and the test line must be blank for a negative.

If you look up your test online you can see whether its a pos or neg.

Must be something in the Sandoz formulation and the way I metabolize it does not do well with me

If it really is 20mg and nothing else, on the contrary, you do very well and maybe need 10mg. If its the same opioid and you nod too hard, you need less of it.

Maybe the Sandoz pill has higher bioavailability - if the test shows the right thing

I can't see the results but with my covid test 2 lines meant positive, 1 line being the control line and one line being the test line. The control line must show for the test to be valid and the test line must be blank for a negative.

If you look up your test online you can see whether its a pos or neg.

Must be something in the Sandoz formulation and the way I metabolize it does not do well with me

If it really is 20mg and nothing else, on the contrary, you do very well and maybe need 10mg. If its the same opioid and you nod too hard, you need less of it.

Maybe the Sandoz pill has higher bioavailability - if the test shows the right thing

I am not sure why you can't view its a link to a cloud site the link is working for me. I have having trouble posting the image here inline.

I think you may have posted a response here meant for another thread; you are talking about coivd testing it looks like. I am posting a fent test strip.

No I'm just using the covid test as an example that often, test stripos with 2 spots have one control spot which needs to color to show the test works and 1 to actually test for the substance.

No I'm just using the covid test as an example that often, test stripos with 2 spots have one control spot which needs to color to show the test works and 1 to actually test for the substance.
I assumed all fent test strips are the same and that you knew what they are; If line 1 turns red = positive for fent / If both line 1 and 2 turn red then negative for fent. Seems like it should be the oppsosite 1 = safe / 2 = positive. But sometimes the second line doesnt fully change color like in my pic whihc is why I was asking about it.

The link doesnt work for me.

I don't use street opioids but, indeed the test is the other way around, at dancesafe its 1 = positive, 2 = negative. Weird.

if you got these pills from other than a legit pharmacy it is undoutedly fent. toss em they are deadly. keep fuckin with em and one day ya aint gonna wake up, bro.
love

edit:
think about yer family?

The link doesnt work for me.

I don't use street opioids but, indeed the test is the other way around, at dancesafe its 1 = positive, 2 = negative. Weird.

I just realized not everyone uses Tor the link is to an onioin site. Imbeded photos here doesn't work for some reason. Mine are dancesafe the pic I uploaded shows two lines sort of.

Last edited:
if you got these pills from other than a legit pharmacy it is undoutedly fent. toss em they are deadly. keep fuckin with em and one day ya aint gonna wake up, bro.
love

edit:
think about yer family?
They are blisters. The pic i uploded to the image site (its an onion site needs tor browser) shows it is negative for fent.

One caveat for the fent strips is that they are not proven to detect all fent analogs.

A negative is probably true, but certainty does not mean that all fent analogs have been screened.

I think most likely is that tolerance is occurring plus a different formulation. Tolerance means more than needing a higher dose for the same drug effects. Down regulation of signaling pathways definately is a significant component, but loss of novelty and other higher order processes are much harder to reverse with abstinece. Developing a tolerance to a drug/class of drugs will fundametally alter the high in a way that cannot be simply overcome by increasing the dose.