• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why am I so scared to try suboxone?

Your life isn't spiraling out of control if you get your pills from a doctor. Subs are used to take the criminality away from doing opiates. I stuck people up, and robbed 2 stores before I got popped for it. As soon as I got out of jail, I was back to robbin people for my habit again. Subs helped me able to feel an opiate, without having to kick peoples teeth in for it. And I was doing a bundle a day. 100mg of norco equals about 2 bags of the dope I get, and I know people who had twice the habit of me.

I know withdrawal from 100mg norcos might FEEL bad, but its really not that bad. I remember back when I had WD the first time it was from 30mg of oxy a day, and I thought it was the worst thing in the world. Now I gotta use a bundle of dope, or 500mg of oxy to feel WELL. If I want to get high we're talking a gram of oxy, and a bun and a half of dope.

What a crock of shit, I'm sorry dude, but that is complete bullshit.

^ I fully agree. You don't need to become a criminal to lose control over your life. I've never stolen anything to get my opioids, I was no problem to the society because I almost didn't exist for the society, and yet I was a great problem for myself and my mum. Robbing other people to get heroin or oxycodone is way past the point of losing control, it starts much sooner.

m-jo, if you really want to get off norcos, then I think you'll have an easier time doing that if you switch to 2mg of buprenorphine, not more, and taper off in 2 weeks.

Haha i got to do 1.5 buns a day just to feel something ahh I'm too hardcore!!! I see an awful lot of dick sizing. If the OP wants to use sub's to taper why not? just don't stay on them more than a week to avoid getting addicted to them. 100mg of hydrocodone is still a good habit you don't need to be a crazy hardcore heroin addict who kicks peoples teeth in just someone who is done with the cycle they are in. To us heroin addicts its easy to dismiss pill heads as not having a strong addiction when compared to our heroin use but in fact many pills addicts do more opiates in a day then a heroin addict can. Even if not addiction is addiction and if the OP wants to make things easier and use Suboxone why can't they do the same thing?

You can't just take 0.5 every hour until your out if you do that you'll be in the same boat you were in previously. You need to stabilise at say 2-4mgs then taper by 1mg or 0.5mgs everyday until down to 0.25mgs or 0.5mgs at most.

Last edited:
Haha i got to do 1.5 buns a day just to feel something ahh I'm too hardcore!!! I see an awful lot of dick sizing. If the OP wants to use sub's to taper why not? just don't stay on them more than a week to avoid getting addicted to them. 100mg of hydrocodone is still a good habit you don't need to be a crazy hardcore heroin addict who kicks peoples teeth in just someone who is done with the cycle they are in. To us heroin addicts its easy to dismiss pill heads as not having a strong addiction when compared to our heroin use but in fact many pills addicts do more opiates in a day then a heroin addict can. Even if not addiction is addiction and if the OP wants to make things easier and use Suboxone why can't they do the same thing?

You can't just take 0.5 every hour until your out if you do that you'll be in the same boat you were in previously. You need to stabilise at say 2-4mgs then taper by 1mg or 0.5mgs everyday until down to 0.25mgs or 0.5mgs at most.

It's not dick sizing its common sense, twat. This is like an infant having a toothache, and giving him baby aspirin. He's still crying, so you give him morphine. That's no exaggeration either. You guys are so incredibly dense and know nothing about the cycle of addiction. I have bullet wounds from dope deals gone wrong, and I've spent 3 of the last 4 years in jail. I really want to meet up with some bluelighters in person, because I know you're all just white, nerdy, middle upper class douchebags, who live a white lifestyle, and are just so white. I wanna find a drug forum discussion with people from the ghetto, not white people who think withdrawing from norcos requires heroin or suboxone.

UMMM, sounds like dick sizing and you sound like a complete douche... "oh i kick people teeth out, im an complete asshole and blah blah blah" and fyi(and this is a joke) but unless you have insurace your ass isn't gonna be able to afford Subs if your in the fuckin ghetto...My scripts without insurace run about 560 then the office visit. But luckily I'm a lil rich white boy with insursce thats not an ass and kicks peoples teeth out. And to the original poster, just start low, wouldn't go over 4mg and I would just take half the strip if that holds you.

UMMM, sounds like dick sizing and you sound like a complete douche... "oh i kick people teeth out, im an complete asshole and blah blah blah" and fyi(and this is a joke) but unless you have insurace your ass isn't gonna be able to afford Subs if your in the fuckin ghetto...My scripts without insurace run about 560 then the office visit. But luckily I'm a lil rich white boy with insursce thats not an ass and kicks peoples teeth out. And to the original poster, just start low, wouldn't go over 4mg and I would just take half the strip if that holds you.

If you're in the ghetto, you most likely have Mercy healthcare, which is how me and most of my friends pay for our subs. The good ol american taxpayers get to do it. And why would you tell him to take 4 mg? .25 mg of suboxone is equal to 10mg of oxy, which is 15 of hydro. He said the most he takes is 60mg of hydro, so you're telling him to pretty much take 240mg of hydro. You're fucking dumb, if you think that's going to help. i may be a douchebag, but i'm telling it like it is. You don't get off a weak opioid, by doing 4 times your dose. I went through this same thing, going on subs because I thought I couldn't handle 30mg per day oxy withdrawal. Now it takes me a bun to even feel well. You guys might think you're being "nice', but youre gonna fuck this kids life up.

It's not dick sizing its common sense, twat. This is like an infant having a toothache, and giving him baby aspirin. He's still crying, so you give him morphine. That's no exaggeration either. You guys are so incredibly dense and know nothing about the cycle of addiction. I have bullet wounds from dope deals gone wrong, and I've spent 3 of the last 4 years in jail. I really want to meet up with some bluelighters in person, because I know you're all just white, nerdy, middle upper class douchebags, who live a white lifestyle, and are just so white. I wanna find a drug forum discussion with people from the ghetto, not white people who think withdrawing from norcos requires heroin or suboxone.

You should never give a baby Aspirin. Morphine at an appropriate dose would be safer. Though I'd never do that either.

When did anyone ever mention heroin being required for withdrawal of hydrocodone?

When did anyone ever mention heroin being required for withdrawal of hydrocodone?

Heroin has equivalent or near equivalent potency to bupe. It was more of a simile or comparison than anything, just so you could see how ridiculous you were being with your suggestion.

Now respond to the rest of my post. Using an opioid equivalence chart, we see 4mg of bupe is equal to 240 mg of hydro. His max dose was 60mg, and one time he took 100. So you're telling me that you honestly believe multiplying his dose by 4 is going to help him? He's trying to quit opiates not get wasted. I might be the douchebag here, but I'm the only one that's making any sense in this entire thread.

^^we don't got no Internet here in da hood...n I pawned my phone til my check comes on the 1st...

Lol that's why you can't have a "ghetto forum"

Well, considering with the usual progression of addiction, using pills compounedd with APAP are detrimental to your liver and may cause damage.

Bupe doesn't do that.

The possibility of running out of pills because you took too much, the risk of withdrawal, the growing need to take more, the ups and downs of it all, bupe would seem to provide some consistency, perhaps more efficient. I honestly think, if one wanted to continue to use narcotics and not opt for going completely clean, comparing the two, I'd say bupe may provide more stability.

I think it is a completely viable option, if anything, quite possibly beneficial and even safer. For the sake of harm reduction, I can't for the life of me figure out, how anyone would believe that continuing to use hydrocodone in this fashion would opt for more favorable results, doesn't make sense.

Relying on that equivalency chart isn't going to get you too far, it has a place, but it is much more complicated then attempting to compare on the surface level, while similar drugs, also drastically different.

^^we don't got no Internet here in da hood...n I pawned my phone til my check comes on the 1st...

Lol, I'm glad someone was able to find some humor in that fucking messed up thread. I needed the laugh, thanks!

I did not say take 4mg, it may have sounded like it but I just meant go ahead and get the 4mg strips... I think 1mg of Bupe is equal to around 27mg of Oxycodone. Getthing the 4mg strips and cutting them in half would be around what she was taking and enough to keep her well if she is getting on it for maintaince, and ALSO SAVE HER MONEY ON AN EXPENSIVE MEDICATION and LEAVE HER W/ XTRA MEDS IN CASE SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH HER DOCTOR. That way she would have enough to taper off. I know ALL about conversion charts. Im a upper middle class junnkie thats lives out in the boondocks...we don't have heroin, but oxy,lortabs,morphine,dillies,fent, etc.... anyway I think you should get the 4mg strips and cut them in half, hell you might be able to get by on 1mg...and if you get the 8mg strips you will save soooo much money if you just cut it into 2mg pieces. Thats my advice. But the guy from the ghetto seems to know what he's talking about, so I would take his advice for sure.

i know,lol. Had some Klonopin and gabapentin with my subs today and gabapentin makes me kinda speedy but sleepy also, goes well with benzo's and Subs(docs that want prescribe benzo's should look into gabapentin IMO). Note way over medical doses. But I hate when people say someone shouldn't be on subs because they had such a bigger habbit than them(good for you, must be nice doin a bundle and a half a day.) Yes hydrocodone is a weaker opiate, and 100mg isnt a huge dose but enough to go on 1-4mg of subs IMO.(START WIAth 1-3mg) But I think 2mg would be the sweat spot to keep you well. The only thing I dont think people should go on Subs for is fucking Kratom...thats ridiculous IMO. Its like giving someone who is trying to stop coffeee Adderall,lol.

Well, considering with the usual progression of addiction, using pills compounedd with APAP are detrimental to your liver and may cause damage.

Bupe doesn't do that.

The possibility of running out of pills because you took too much, the risk of withdrawal, the growing need to take more, the ups and downs of it all, bupe would seem to provide some consistency, perhaps more efficient. I honestly think, if one wanted to continue to use narcotics and not opt for going completely clean, comparing the two, I'd say bupe may provide more stability.

I think it is a completely viable option, if anything, quite possibly beneficial and even safer. For the sake of harm reduction, I can't for the life of me figure out, how anyone would believe that continuing to use hydrocodone in this fashion would opt for more favorable results, doesn't make sense.

Relying on that equivalency chart isn't going to get you too far, it has a place, but it is much more complicated then attempting to compare on the surface level, while similar drugs, also drastically different.

I never said he should continue using hydro, I said he should CT and get off opiates. did you even read his first post? He doesn't even want to be opes anymore. Why are you being so dense, and insisting he continues using opiates? If I was still using my 30 mg oxy, I woulda jumped off had I known how terrible stronger withdrawal is. Actually answer his question and tell him the truth. If he wants to quit, CT now no matter how bad it feels, because it only gets worse.

Oh look, another racist white boy on bluelight. Hows the klan treatin ya? I see you live in Pa, I'm currently there now. How close to kensington are you, lets meet up white boy!

Oh look, another racist white boy on bluelight. Hows the klan treatin ya? I see you live in Pa, I'm currently there now. How close to kensington are you, lets meet up white boy!

Racism? Read the original post, not one mention of race, and yet you've brought that up and your irrelevant life story to the forefront as many times as possible.

Racism? Read the original post, not one mention of race, and yet you've brought that up and your irrelevant life story to the forefront as many times as possible.

Using ebonics ironically, while mentioning the ghetto and pawning phones, and the fact that you cant get it til the first (the day welfare is paid out).. yeah thats pretty racist. Go back to your inbred, trailer trash, meth smoking, tooth missin, sheet wearin', goat fuckin, area you came from.