• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why am I not in withdrawals???

Thanks.. been using this name since my first ever MMO!

New development.. I went into the pain doc office today and the results of my urine screen showed methadone in my system.. I?m baffled! It had been 10 days since I took methadone and my doctor doesn?t think it?s possible that it should be in my urine after so long. If I hadn?t been his patient for a decade and never failed a screen he would think I was lying about not taking it.

I will never take methadone again.. that shit is evil..

JessFR.. Thank you for the reply. That is what i was doing with the COWS but it was weird to me that after 15 hours i wasnt feeling much of anything at all, in a way it seemed as if it had been cut with something to make the withdrawals mild but i guess that's just wishful thinking. Im going to just try again tomorrow and this time take clonodine to help.

I was so pissed about it that I immediately went and banged 60mg of oxycodone right after.. and smoked some really good weed..

He asked me like 5 times if I was positive I hadn?t taken any.. I was so mad ?

Anyway.. he wants me to try Belbuca for pain before reverting back to real opiates.. so guess we will see how that goes.

It takes a long while for methadone to clear out of your system and he ought to know this. Does buprenorphine help you with pain?

Dan, let me know if you want me to start a thread for you. Welcome to Bluelight guys! :)

JessFR.. Thank you for the reply. That is what i was doing with the COWS but it was weird to me that after 15 hours i wasnt feeling much of anything at all, in a way it seemed as if it had been cut with something to make the withdrawals mild but i guess that's just wishful thinking. Im going to just try again tomorrow and this time take clonodine to help.

Well it's certainly possible the h was cut with something that lasts longer. But who knows, like I said withdrawal can be weird.

When I was using heroin and only heroin, the longest I'd go before withdrawal started was about 12 hours, and usually not even. So by 15 I'd expect you to notice something.

For me a runny nose was usually my first symptom and that would usually start no later than 10 hours or so after last use.

It takes a long while for methadone to clear out of your system and he ought to know this. Does buprenorphine help you with pain?

Dan, let me know if you want me to start a thread for you. Welcome to Bluelight guys! :)

I agree. If you weren't on much methadone, it seems a little doubtful you'd test positive at 10 days. But certainly far from impossible. Methadone has a crazy long half life and those tests are usually crazy sensitive.

And if you were on a more normal dose, I'd expect it would be quite plausible to test positive at 10 days. Methadone lasts a long time, it just does.

But it doesn't surprise me in the least that a doctor would be misinformed sadly. Hopefully your will take this as a lesson. If he hadn't known better, if it had been someone else, he'd have assumed they were lying and would likely use that to presume dishonesty in future. All based on his own misunderstanding. So hopefully they'll be more cautious in future.

I honestly don?t know if bupe helps me for pain or not. I have only taken it a couple times as I have been trying to keep the dose low since I was thinking the methadone had cleared my system. Obviously this isn?t the case.. so I?m going to increase my dose to see if it does help.

From what I understand there is a ceiling effect with it.. not sure if it is for analgesia or just respiratory depression though.. so I?m not sure if larger doses than I?ve taken or other roa?s will help or not. So far the most I have taken is 4mg in a day.. but from what I have read that seems like a good sized dose. 4mg doesn?t touch my pain. I have gone from my normal day being a 3 or 4 pain wise to waking up to 10 first thing in the morning and getting it down to 7 or 8 during my work day. I had this urine screen looming so haven?t been able to smoke weed.. but this afternoon when I did the roxys and weed I got it down to about a 2..

If the state would just hurry up and get me my weed card I believe I could use bupe and weed to keep my pain level tolerable.