• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Why am I getting different effects from different Hydrocodone generics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonE1

Bluelighter
Been taking Hydrocodone on and off for years, and while I always thought all generics contain the same active ingredient, for some reason, some generics seem to give me different results

I was a huge fan of white 5's with red specks or the yellow 10s, but for some reason, the White Watson 853 are not hitting me the way the other ones hit, and seem to increase my heart rate alot (really weird)

Yes, they are legit, picked up from a pharmacy, but I find it very stange I'm having this reaction.

I used to like the Watson 502 (pink) and the blue "speckled bellies" 7.5mgs. This was 20yrs ago so they may have changed . Just ask for brand name and get the good stuff.

Yea the yellow 10's were nice. I've tried so many different generic hydrocodones it's hard to remember but I don't remember too much differences.

With that said, I believe you.. One issue could be some called polymorphism. Essentially a substance can exist in one or more crystalline structures, the way the crystals form effects the drugs pharmacokinetics. This is still an under researched area and it's the best answer to why one pure substance can vary from another.

-GC

We do not know; presumably they meet bio equivalance standards, so, getting 80-90% average active ingredients is possible, and some generics are, occasionally, of, questionable quality

However, multiple generics giving you, some trouble, well no one can say why - You could always GC testing - or, a kinda test

- Dissolve a dose or two in water, shake up, find some way that you cannot tell, and try that 2-3 times, write result. Something like that. Not saying it's imaginary, just a test worth performing if it is or feels that serious

Speckled are, or were, neat, lack of a better or good word; most work fine though, for most people. Idk, doubt this will be of much use (the thread) shall not close it as of yet

May happen though, anyway, Luck on your, uh, -codone troubles - Lorne

I used to take Percocets years ago and even nearly 20 years ago I would get the hairy eyeball when I would request brand name and be willing to pay the difference. Even though I've been told by supposed experts that they're all the same, I swear they weren't for me. So, I get it!

Generic?s cannot be identical because of copyright right law, however that is simply the ingredients; hydrocodone is hydrocodone, actually it rarely even appears in opium / poppy plant naturally (or hydro morphone?)

OP, pm me if you want further dissertation on this matter - However am going to go ahead and close this

Good Luck, and, either try my test, or, simply make sure you get your generic ( regular customers should order it for you)

- Closed : Lorne / Shape shifting Bowie

Status
Not open for further replies.