• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Why am I extremely sensitive to MDMA?

Hilopsilo

Bluelighter
I've been doing drugs for ~8 years, pretty much done them all a lot of times.

I can take really high doses of all kinds of psychs and always be pretty much be in control and collected, but 100mg of MDMA still knocks me on my ass 8 years later.

I'm a small person, 5' 7" ~135 lbs for what its worth.

I've had bad trips, but these always seem to have to do with set & setting. If I take 100mg of MDMA, there is a 100% chance I will be absolutely wrecked during the come-up and peak. I'm talking high to the point where I can't help but question whether I'm going to be okay. I Get in a huge mind panic about whether I'm drinking too much water, or if I need to drink more, I don't even really sweat when I roll anyways, should I go to the medical tent, etc... Just crazy racing thoughts about all sorts of stuff, generally irrational fears and worries.

Once the come-up and peak evens out, I'm 100% good to go, this transition happens in all of about ~10 minutes.

I've always wondered about this, but I thought about it again this past weekend at a show where 15 of us all took the exact same 100mg of good MDMA, and I had to go take myself on a walk, sit down in different places, huge deep breaths, etc. I understand drugs effect everyone differently, but god damn, every time I take MDMA all my friends are like "dude are you ok?".

As well, beginning about 2 years ago, whenever I roll I get crazy pins and needles numb feeling all over my body during the come-up and peak, mainly my extremities. This definitely contributes to the feeling of, "oh shit I need help", but it always passes just fine. Although, I feel its more pronounced every time I roll. Unsettling nonetheless and I haven't been able to find any good info on this. Also contributes to my worries about hydration, in my head I always think I haven't drank enough water, or I've had too much and this is the beginning of over-hydraton/dehydration (is it? As I said, when I roll I never get sweaty, I see people around me drenched in sweat but I'm always just normal). If any of you have ANY experiences or info on this it would be much appreciated!

It's hard to explain, but no other drug gives me the feeling that its too much for my body to handle physically, like about to become a statistic sort of feeling. For lack of a better way to put it, like I'm going fucking overdose or something, what I imagine a panic attack would feel like. But like I said, once this initial "step" passes, I'm always completely fine.

EDIT: Also, I've NEVER had bad comedowns/post roll effects, I've rolled probably ~50 times total, and everytime I feel like a new man the next day. Like still semi-high almost, but just in a good mood and relaxed.

Last edited:
Try using less. Also a lot of your reaction is learned.
You are holding on to past experience and when you get the familiar buzz you panic and go off on the same track.
This is basically pavlovian.
Maybe if you gave it a break but as long as you have these imprinted expectations you are going to repeat the experience.

My second time rolling the pill was much different from the first. It was the complete opposite feeling. I had no idea what was going on. I freaked the fuck out. Big time. I couldn't get out of my head. Thought I was going to die. I didn't roll for a while after that. Then I gradually got back into it. However, I based my next rolls on that experience. I would always worry about the come up to the point where I would almost have a panic attack. This went on for a year or so. After a while I realized it was all in my head. I learned to relax and just let it happen. For me, it was just finding a safe place to chill with some music and someone I trusted. Once I got over that hump it was a piece a cake. You have to do that too. I would definitely try less next time. Perhaps start with half then when you start to peak take the other half. Good luck.