• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Who's feeling out of sorts by the clocks changing?

monstanoodle

Bluelight Crew
I wake at (now) 8am every day n feel like it's 3hrs behind whatever time it is... Among various other wierdizumz 8(

Funny you should say that but the last two days I've been off work I've slept in until 4:00pm Saturday and 12:00pm Sunday which I never do. I'd put it down to working nights a few days last week and then dayshift on friday. The thing nowadays with having self adjusting clock and phones that automatically adjust for the changes in the clocks is that you might not conciously notice the change but your body certainly does....

I wasn't aware that they had gone back so is it not 4:07 then? It's 3:08?

Evey

No evey it's 4:07 (well 4:19 now) most modern devices automatically adjust for British Summer Time.

I was caught out by the clock in my car! Actually was rather confused at the time, as I had completely forgot too! Well at least it's lighter days ahead! Wahey!

By Body clock is so completely fucked that i haven't even noticed gaining or loosing an hour. Trying all sorts just to establish a "normal" bed/wake routine. But i cant fall asleep until 4 am or something, and then if i do still force myself to get up at 8am or something i just fall asleep straight after breakfast downstairs on the couch for about 4 hours or something. The current solution which seems to be working is just setting my alarm a little earlier every day. Got it down to 11:30am and up by 11:45 today, which is the best ive managed in a long time (not counting those nights when i just didn't go to bed at all.):\

Nope, unfortunately one absence too many combined with misunderstanding the precise terms of my final warning means that im out of work again. I can honestly say that a part of me is fucking glad to be out of there, as parts of the job were really beginning to get me down. In particular that managerial style of eagerly waiting for you to fuck something up so that they could take you to task over it. I definitely bought this one on myself, and have no one but myself to blame, i was given chance after chance after chance, even rules that were never bent were bent for me, but i still threw it all away.

I obviously miss the money, and the discipline of having to get up in the mornings was really helping me make good progress with my benzo taper. My self esteem was shattered first time i got layed off, but this time its just completely de-motivated me as I had it coming fair and square; the HR guy could not not have tried any harder to help me try and keep the job, it seems to me that my line manager was keen to get shot of me but the HR guy wanted to keep me on..

I'm gonna use the rest of April to quit kratom, and watch the snooker world championships. This seems to have become an annual ritual for me to quit kratom whilst the snooker world championships are on, and as long as Ronnie remains in the tournament, and progresses further into the tournament I'll always have something to look forward to. If he gets knocked out in the first round (that very rarely happens) i will not know what to do with myself and my recovery plans. I guess I'll just have to bring my self indulgence to a premature end and start looking for another job all over again a little sooner than planned.

Oh my god im so sorry mdb when did this happen? E-mail me if you want.

Evey

a while ago, that's why ive been on here much more often than usual recently. I'm not particularly bothered, as it will give me chance to quit kratom in comfort, without having to try to carry on as normal at work.

I'm glad it's not just me that's been weirded out! I'm coming round to it now, although slowly

I only noticed it as I wait for sunset before I skin up a spliff.

Essentially the best part of my day has been pushed further away.