• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Who'd a thought? Pot in IRAN?

Wow I didn't know the law on cannabis there was so lax without it being legal! thats amazing!

although in terms of the law they are standing on a untapped gold mine not saying Legalize and put revenue to the government not saying that in fact I feel that drugs should be sold from people who need money since it makes everyone happy (but the person would have to be trust worthy and wouldn't lace drugs with harmful shit)

but the strange thing is why would they have very lax laws in place but not legalize it? in terms of the government they could make shit tons of money off cannabis revenue but they don't its a bit strange if you ask me

governments usually jump at the chance of good revenue I'm guessing maybe they think it would be taboo to legalize? I don't know but I find it very strange

-Streetcow

not really recreational...

I guess but some sources say they are...

Recreational drugs are chemical substances taken for enjoyment, or leisure purposes, rather than for medical reasons. Alcohol, tobacco and caffeine can be classed as recreational drugs, but are not covered in this leaflet. Recreational drugs are usually started to provide pleasure, or improve life in some way. However, they can lead to addiction, health and social problems and crime. Most are illegal, so their use comes with all the consequences of breaking the law. If you, or someone you know, have a problem with drugs, there are lots of ways to get help.

recreational drug -
any substance with pharmacological effects that is taken voluntarily for personal pleasure or satisfaction rather than for medicinal purposes. The term is generally applied to alcohol, barbiturates, amphetamines, THC, PCP, cocaine, and heroin but also includes caffeine in coffee and cola beverages.

Recreational drug refers to any substance with pharmacologic effects that is taken voluntarily not for medicinal purposes, but for personal pleasure or satisfaction. For instance, alcohol and tobacco.

But on the other side many sites and sources do not mention caffeine or tobacco in their definition of 'recreational drug' -

Medical Definition of recreational drug. : a drug (as cocaine, marijuana, or methamphetamine) used without medical justification for its psychoactive effects often in the belief that occasional use of such a substance is not habit-forming or addictive.

A lot of Muslims drink in secret, and this includes Iranian muslims, and a lot of times the devout ones that do not drink wind up using heroin or other drugs including meth.

To the chick that claims that meth is safe in low doses, that's laughable, and not true. It's not like Dexedrine, Adderall, or various amphetamines which are not neurotoxic at low/moderate doses. Meth is extremely neurotoxic even at low doses. and it's not safe.

not really recreational...

Tobacco is definitely recreational, caffeine a lot of people use to promote wakefulness/alertness rather than recreation but sitting around drinking tea/coffee can be recreational.

I have a friend who lives in Dubai. He says alcohol and cannabis are very common over there. He smokes Cannabis and he's lived there for 8 years. If you get caught with it though you're in for some serious legal sh*t. The risk doesn't even make it worth buying. CID pretend to be dealers and buyers all the time. They're strict.

But, he also said outside of the flashy glamour images you see on TV and in the media is hell. A nasty place full of poverty and crime. Dubai's Government also put in money and effort to ensure the nasty side rarely appears in the media and on the Internet.

Drugs are available in most places in the world, whether it's heroin or cannabis.

Last edited: