• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Who writes down their thoughts during a mushroom/lsd trip?

Kratom777

Bluelighter
Who here rights down their thoughts. It almost seems like you can think better and unconscious thoughts get pulled out of you. It is very therapeutic and you look at the world from a different perspective. I know I am not the only one who does this.

What thoughts do you write down? What have they thought you about yourself/life in general?

I have written down my experiences with MDMA before and I think writing helped me focus and learn from it because when I wasn't trying to write I was overwhelmed by the feelings. I didn't write anything down either of the times I tried shrooms, but I think I will try this next time. I think I'm going to go dig up those MDMA notes and reread since it's been a few years.

I try to keep some record of all my trips, whether written, vocalised, or recorded

I used to in the 60's, that time is long passed. Now I just experience it, no words needed. YMMV !!!

I dont record anything down, however, i found mushrooms incredible at helping me work through something different.
the peak of the trip is fun, but about an hr after the peak, specific to mushrooms, i entered a divisional state. I could contemplate anything and would have massive realizations.

These wouldcstsy with me once sober, but this is the part thst took discipline. I kinda needed to work on my new understandings to apply them...

I get insight from other drugs, but mushrooms allowed so much control

I bought a small notebook/pad for this purpose 2 years ago and haven't used it yet. As White Rose said I'm too busy enjoying the experience to think about writing. Now, 3-meo-pcp on the other hand led to writing, or rather typing, quite often. That one directly touches the language center of my brain.

When I first started experimenting with psychedelics as a teenager, I would often try to keep 'trip logs' that were a combination of attempts to describe what I was experiencing and random thoughts that occurred to me and seemed worth writing down. However, I'm too much of a perfectionist and I found myself spending too much time trying to force clever 'trippy' thoughts out of myself, and it detracted from the experience more often than it improved it, so I stopped writing them. Sometimes I find an online friend to chat with during my trips, though - I find that my thoughts flow more easily in a conversation with a friend than just writing stuff down on my own, and I fixate a lot less on it so it doesn't distract me from enjoying the trip. I also sometimes try to write up a summary/mini trip report type thing the day after, when the experience is still fresh in my mind. I haven't written a full trip report in ages, though... Note to self: do that next time you trip.

I have a stack of ~20 notebooks with salvia trips in them, like diaries.
When I lived with my parents, I used to create fabulous charts with marker on the wall as if I were on a case sticking up photos of suspects and drawing lines between them - yes i did get in a lot of trouble about that and had to move out in 1971.
My relationship with my parents improved after moving out, but I never achieved the extreme scale of expression after that.

But I was on a case, and I still am on that case. I know the suspects better now. I have the evidence and the heresay in separate categories, but since everyone is getting along, no charges will be laid.

It would probably be good to document the whole thing which might make this cosmic crime easier for other detectives to deal with in the future. I don't seem to be in such a hurry about it any more.

On one of my last mushroom trips i thought i had found the cure for depression (i have depression). It was such a beautiful experience, it also prompted me to quit opiates for a month with very few cravings.

I had been taking tramadol a few days prior to the trip, on the day of the trip i took ~250mg of tramadol and 2.2 grams of golden cap mushrooms. During the peak i thought that the SNRI and mushroom combo had somehow altered my neurochemistry to cure my depression. When this thought entered my head i immediately got a notebook to write down my dosing schedule for that past week and my general hypothesis of why this combo would cure depression.

I still have the notes and one of these days i’m going to try to recreate the experience.

I can never seem to write anything down when I'm tripping but i do have have a couple notebooks of recorded experiences which I wrote down my thoughts afterwards.

I remember once when I tried to keep a live log of my thoughts I wrote "it seems to be coming up very fast" and after that all I could see inside the notebook was "UP VERY FAST. VERY FAST. VERY VERY FAST UP VERY FAST"

I wrote down my thoughts and feelings from my first couple of trips. The feelings I felt were paramount and I wanted to make sure I never forgot what I felt. It turns out that when I looked at what I wrote after I became sober, I couldn't feel what I felt before. That was kind of disappointing. I don't think it's worth writing down these thoughts. For me it's just best to just enjoy the experience, like some of the other posters have said.

this is true for the nearly most intensest parts... handwriting sprawls inter-dimensionally

In the beginning I always kept a notebook at hand to jot down thoughts and ideas. Soon I realized that especially if I was under a pretty heavy dose, I could think about 10 times quicker than I could write. Writing became increasingly difficult and unfulfilling. Once I sort of played a game with myself where I laid down on my friends couch and started recording whatever it was that would come out of my mouth. I think that time I recorded about an hour of talking. It felt a bit weird and I was self conscious to a higher degree than I would like, but on later occasions this odd practice seemed much more familiar and I could relax into honesty easier.

This proved to be a great idea for me, I got a lot of stuff out of me in a quicker and more relaxed manner than trying to contain my handwriting while under the influence.
It became sort of a tradition to record just after the peak. When the effect had almost worn off, but I still had energy and the world seemed magical, I would go out for a walk or a run and listen to myself on the recording. This is a great method, since I'm still a bit trippy and sensitive. I can hear on my intonation and my hesitation in the recording if I am being honest and how I feel about what I am saying while I say it.

I love this method, it helped me realize so many things. The experience of saying things out loudly in a truthful and honest way and then listening to myself saying it works as a kind affirmation and I find it highly introspective in a healing way. Would highly recommend recording rather than writing.

I guess you progress to a form of singing and song formation.
while writing while stoned I progress to a form of line art and drawing.

Hahaha well we'll see about that... I like words a lot but I am not very good with improvising melodies and harmonies. Maybe I will start rapping?

Thank you everyone for your responses. I have to announce that at this time, I stopped using all drugs. I do take kratom, some may claim it is a drug but I really don't believe so because I use 2 grams a day if that and not always everyday. I quit pot, lsd was ok but not going back to the dealer, I have mixed feelings on MDMA since I believe I am allergic to the substance and had three close calls with it. I can't ever that it again. Mushrooms are the safest in my opinion but the biggest mind f8ck ever.