• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Who wants to hear a true story that may convince you to never try opiates?

That was pure power. Thank you so much for sharing, i wish you the best. <3

Edit: And to the last poster, i personally found tobacco relatively easy to quit with the advent of vaping. That is when compared to modern stimulants, opiates, dissociatives, and synthetic cannabinoids.

Last edited:
I think it's pointless to compare how addictive drugs are psychologically because it really comes down to brain chemistry and personality. I've tried crack several times and never got hooked or fiended after, but I got psychologically addicted to weed on my first toke. Seriously. I smoked cigarettes on and off for about a year and quit very easily and never crave them now. I got hooked on benzos pretty damn fast too though, and not even recreationally, but yet I come from generations of alcoholics and hate the stuff.

Hey Cheezy, did you ever consider that maybe it's scientifically proven tobacco is the most addictive simply because a higher number of people have difficulty to quit, and also the fact that people can lead relatively normal lives on tobacco and thus have no extreme motivation to quit as compared to opiates? I'm just speculating here but the sheer volume of people and their lifestyles are (to me at least) more likely to feed into this 'tobacco is more addictive than heroin' claim. I find it extremely unlikely that if you strap an equal number of people into chairs and feed then IV nicotine or IV morphine for a month that the people receiving morphine will be able to quit more easily....

Ever consider that before calling people ignorant?

Hydromorphone has a 2-3 hour half life. Oxymorphone has a 6-8 hour half life. Get it right

Edit: 2-6 hours is actually the most common range of half life where only oxymorphone is at 6-8 hours when talking about natural and semi synthetic opiates before discussing fully synthetic like methadone.

Erm no science is science I soppose you could say the same thing about religon if your not strong enough to do drugs then dont do them

Wait is that supposed to be a valid refute? Cause it's really not.

And yeah that was exactly my point, science. You obviously don't know how scientific studies can be deeply flawed, but I can very easily imagine that claim arising from a study looking at nationwide data seeing a much higher volume of people addicted to nicotine compared to volume of people addicted to opiates, and that a higher % of people addicted to nicotine 'relapse' because they have no real motivation like dope sickness. A proper 'science is science' study would need to take into account all those variables before making that claim.

I guess you can say cigarettes or sugar aren't really as bad as you think because there were some studies made that show that. Forget that they were funded by massive corporations that paid scientists to show what they wanted.

I now believe you are the ignorant person, but also that you can't even write a cohesive sentence. Nice job!

And also another more obvious scientific discovery are people like you should not get a say as you are dependant on narcotics and I am not therefore your opinion just isn't valid as it could be drunk nonsense so it would and is a waste of time to read, so my not so good man until you manage to sort your own problematic life out I suggest you dont go against scientists because you dont know more than them

Holy shit you're making a lot of assumptions in that sorry excuse for a sentence. The simple fact is that I am not intoxicated and even if I was I could only achieve your level of stupidity if I was comatose. Do you actually believe what you just posted? Forget the fact that a lot of scientists have made 'obvious scientific discoveries' even if they were intoxicated. Hell, some even died from ODs. That post was so excruciatingly (yes i know, big word) stupid that it was actually laughable. The fact that I have gone through both actually means that my opinion is WAY MORE VALID THAN YOURS.

Based on your posts, I'm also likely more successful at just about everything in life including career and women, as well as education. How's that for your ego, that you're a total idiot even compared to addicts?

dude, you went on vaca knowing you would go through withdrawals? why!? did you not have enough dilaudid to take w/ you? knowing you would be gone for a week I would have already geared up my pins and had everything ready to shoot the minute I felt down and out; you really didnt have enough to go the whole vaca but you could have maybe got a day or two with that 6-8hr withdrawal window.

I have a similar story having to do w/ a 2 week DUI class; I decided to shoot roughly a half G before showing up for the 2 week period and just going through full withdrawals while being under the roof and w/ a Dr. near by. so, being the moron I am, I said fuck it, and figured lets give it a shot. I checked in on a Sunday around 4PM (dope/fent shots) and used about a half G that day up until 4PM; I got dropped off and was not nervous at all and thought all would be good and I'd easily get through this.

Monday morning rolls around and I still feel OK, so I am thinking MAYBE, just MAYBE my withdrawal are not what they used to be (for whatever reason) and went through the day thinking nothing of it; at 10:30PM its BED TIME, so all the lights go off and I still feel OK; I took my Seroquel for sleep and thought I'd wake up w/ a heavy sweat; well, I was wrong, and that sweat broke out by midnight. puking, shitting, pissing, all over the 2nd floor where there are about 10 bedrooms and 35 GUYS trying to sleep; I am outside the room using the bathroom trying to figure out if I can get through this. one of the overnight guards sees me and asks what it may be; I was straight up and said its withdrawal and that is why I am here. well, he asked if I wanted to call an ambulance or potentially wait till AM and have someone pick me up at 8. well, I didnt get in touch w/ anyone till about 9AM and they picked me up around 10AM and dropped me off at the house - the minute I got home, the dope man was called and I was back on what I was hoping to kick.

I finally had to go back and re-do the program, so I finally "tried" to get Sober and got on Suboxone; I barely used Suboxone until I went away but those 2 weeks the Suboxone (16/MG) saved my life and I actually had "fun" in the program.

since coming out I've been the best I have in a while; starting to fuck up a little now but I think ill catch it and be OK again.

bottom line, going on vacations w/ a dope sickness is just NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! dont care who you are; its also because I was a heavy fiend w/ that fent.

Basx pleas come back when you can speak as a calm, level headed individual and yes you sound/seem very intoxicated and worked up I apologise to anyone else who has had to listen to him

Hahahaha again you just say things without actually saying anything. You're just like every dim-witted person I've ever met. Actually even more so than the average. Do you even have a degree? In anything?

Thanks solum I hate dealing with people like that some people just wanna fight and cause trouble no matter what oh and yes I have several do you have a btec in anything other than pe