Who hear likes what is being called "EDM?"

Jamaican said:
Majority of these people who are into mainstream versions of any genre have little interest in anything than acting cool and been seen as part of the crowd.

sheeple.png

ebola

fuck no and i spend a good amount in vegas so that shit is big at the clubs, can't stand the music or the crowd it attracts.

remember driving on the freeway near the strip and seeing a billboard promoting ronnie from the jersey shore hosting club nights. fuck that. shit like that really makes me question reality.

^^^^BINGO! My sentiments exactly. This is in regards to the post LuGoj posted.

Meh, different strokes for different folks. Personally I like EDM like this sometimes because of the energy and hypedupness if that were a word...

Having said that, as far as electronic music I also listen to old school techno, drum & bass, and everything in between. I don't care if that pisses some electronic elitist off because other people don't dictate what I listen to or why I listen to it.

Last edited:
I never considered myself a big fan of "mainstream" electronic music until I got into the Monstercat label. I enjoy almost everything Monstercat puts out, and in fact, I don't think I've heard a single MC release that I disliked.

i like deep house. i just love dancing to it and tripping, etc.

whatever genre you'd consider flume, odesza etc (chill-wave-trap) and hardstyle trap music (alison wonderland) i enjoy.

EDM is a broad genre with thousands of sub-genres that prob cover the above.

chillstep is a sweet genre as well though i'd call that ECM ;).

i'd agree that the build up and drop type redundant tunes are.. well... redundant? :\

armin van buren is a personal favourite, however.

Do you mean mainstream stuff like David Guetta? I don't like that stuff so much. Some songs are good but they get boring pretty easily. I still prefer underground music, and always will. I think music like gabber is sooooo much better. I'm getting into techno lately and totally not regretting it!

Meh... this happens to me every couple years or so. I hear some EDM, and think, WOW, electronic music sure has gotten a hell of a lot better since I last bothered to listen! Check out that super cool WUBWUBWUB bass!

The problem is, it's all the same recycled sound a million times from a million different wannabe producers, and it gets REALLY boring really fast. So I go into hibernation for another couple years, and the cycle repeats.