• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Who gets all the good stuff prescribed?

Survival0200

Bluelighter
People here will tell you that doctors won't prescribe any benzos or opiates anymore (due to the opioid epidemic): HOWEVER, if you look at the The Top 300 Drugs of 2020 - the list will tell you that there has been for example 16,780,805 prescriptions for alprazolam and 12,289,518 prescriptions for oxycodone. So, who gets all the good stuff if no one is literally prescribed those drugs anymore?

my father has every disk in his back herniated and maybe worse for some of them and they won't give him pain killers any more because he had weed in his system for the drug test.

In my experience it's almost always private doctors, the ones running their own solo practice. Ones that aren't associated with a major medical network. They have less oversight and scrutiny from anyone.

They're also more expensive.

Those who have VERY visible visceral pain. Arm missing? Leg missing? OK, might be legit.

Being OLD also helps. But I wound up in hospital 6 times before the doctor decided OC was the way.... then the doctor thought ALL problems could be cured with MORE OC. In short, it's palliative even though your date of death might not be set in stone. If you are dying (and they know) only THEN will they make free.

And even then, I'm not too keen to take it all.

I know a lady who lives on the Shetland Islands. She is 94 and gets dry-amps of H. She doesn't use them as stated i.e. 1 amp TID. She just adds 3 together and gets happened every evening.

But I do not see the CPS EVER considering that her conviction is 'in the public interest'.

I don't like pins, even IF it's a doctor using them.

I would be happy just to grow my own opium. But failing that, I've gone to pain clinics for 20+ years and they have nothing to offer and so I get OC.
I would rather opium, being as it's safer and seems to improve health. But I figure we get whatever is on the seat when the music stops. I also figure that at 50 or so, the music stops.

If I agree it works, no doctor will disagree. Of course no doctor CAN argue. But 20 years of pain to find an answer... of tor them to BELIEVE I'm not making it up.

52 doesn't worry me. Ending up immobile and dying 20 feet from help... THAT concerns me. Even my wife stated 'well, you won't make old bones' was realistic if not cheerful.

So If I only have 10 years left, I intend to stick to the medication AS prescribed and to provide the QSAR of SO MANY opioids that the war is over.