• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Who else really does not like to socialize after smoking?

washingtonbound

Bluelighter
Sure someone has brought this up before, but I wanted to share my perspective.

I noticed 100% today that I?m not a social person at all when high. In general I?m more of a thinking type but I realize that when I smoke any meaningful amount now; I can hardly function socially at all. All I want to do is retreat into my own world entirely and it is so uncomfortable for me to keep conversations going. Today, I smoked for the first time in a large group and I was thinking wow I must look really weird avoiding interaction. I do make an effort to reciprocate and not look super out of it but sometimes I can?t help it. It also seems to me that I?m more sensitive to sound and it can be hard to be around people with high pitched voices. I know I overthink things a lot but I think it?s useful to watch my natural reactions. In the future if I?m getting really high I think I?ll try to limit it to much smaller groups.

I feel the same way. I am a completely new smoker though and havent really caught my groove yet.. i think part of mine stems from already being somewhat anti social. I have social anxiety. I thought maybe smoke would help with that but instead it just makes me feel like everything coming out of my mouth is incredibly dumb.

This is precisely why I stopped smoking years ago. I not only retreated into my head but I experienced such ridiculous social anxiety (second guessing everything I said, obsessing over it, or, as you said, obsessing over my silence and assuming everyone else was as well). It was a weird time because we all smoked everyday back then--it's what we did that bonded us together as a group of friends. Once I quit, I felt better but I definitely lost a few of those friends(we were only teens). Now I don't have that happen (40+ years later) but you better bet if I did, I would using pot again. I have a hard enough time getting self-defeating thoughts out of my head; why would I ingest a substance that actually created them?

Im not social to begin with, I prefer using weed alone, unless its a friend of mine. Dont like being in groups, even with friends so being alone is the best option, always been. I like laying down, even on the floor, listening to music and go through things. Guess if I would have people there with me they would get weirded out by that

I will get high and talk to you for an hour about myself. Weed is like cocaine for me. Then I peak and get really relaxed and hungry. But the initial onset of a cannabis buzz is super chatty for me. I usually get high in the morning with coffee to get that outta the way. Then when I smoke later in the day once I'm hanging out with people getting off work it's more of a redose for me and I feel less of an urge to ramble about inane shit.