• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Who are you?

Marathi.

GIF by moodman

Pillars%20of%20Creation%20Image%20from%20James%20Webb%20Space%20Telescope%20Courtesy%20NASA.jpg

Honor is life's purpose. Get it right this time, or come back.
Think I may have this but as always....
Wouldn't mind either way if I become one or back as a cat (hopefully).
Guess we see or not.
Let it roll, baby roll, let it roll..........

After careful contemplating not run into do
even I know.
I do wish the static to stop (mostly news) no ads. Straight stream. Helpful at times.
Anyway probably the extras that I had this while ago it's my fri and ameliblel. (Sp first sign to me of getting there)

Be easy, yah?
Always

@mr peabody

Over many lifetimes, we who are born into the evolving worlds of time and space eventually attain the maturity necessary for star birthing.

I mostly liked the OP, but this is where you lose me.

A lot of new-age hippy people I know talk about their past lives and stuff.

I don't think reincarnation is a competition. Nor do I believe (necessarily) that "people" are reincarnated. That is attachment, IMO, to the self.

People want to believe in an afterlife because they don't want to accept that they will end. In some religions, we continue on forever in heaven. In other religions, we continue forever reincarnating.

I think it's likely (beyond pushing for preferential spiritual outcomes) that we cease to be and that the transference of our soul is no longer "us".

If we return to God and become one with everything, we stop being separate.

We are everything. We are God.

It is best - I think - to not think in terms of separation... particularly if the separate parts are competing on the karmic scale or competing for a (presumably?) limited star birthing position.

I'm not sure if this was intended literally or if it is a metaphor but - either way - that is how religion is formed... and inevitably corrupted.

^^
779af029468cc12e16466481dc04dd64.jpg

IMHO, personality is a divine gift. It is eternal.

All souls have come into being as the universe unfolded from its first source and center, with older souls nearer to the center. Age of the soul explains the astonishing depth of field in certain individuals who, simply stated, see more of the whole picture. It is clear to me that we are all evolving into our perfect selves, and that this is ultimately the result of many lifetimes of experience.

Last edited:
All souls have come into being as the universe unfolded from its first source and center, with older souls nearer to the center. Age of the soul explains the astonishing depth of field in certain individuals who, simply stated, see more of the whole picture. It is clear to me that we are all evolving into our perfect selves, and that this is ultimately the result of many lifetimes of experience.

I disagree, but you could be right.

There seems to be a lot of assumptions there?

I try to avoid believing anything. Instead of beliefs, I have suspicions... because I don't know so why assume I do?

People who are seriously blocked can have massive spiritual awakenings, so what you're suggesting doesn't fit in with my worldly observations.

Hell I don't rightly know there seems to be a metamorphic thing running in background so not sure who I am cept me. :unsure:

Saying maybe there is no "me"?
This is interesting to me.
am i? :unsure:
Lovely pics and see the love in all of em. The pain as well but not going there, righty?
Always the love and the journey we have together in this "snapshot" of time... it is a pleasure.
<3

I think I intentionally failed to understand the point of this thread earlier. I'll try again.

Who am I?

I'm a guy who loves his daughter more than anything in the world. She is the core of my universe. Nothing else comes anywhere near her in terms of importance. So much so, that I have neglected to love myself, which I'm learning to do... but I'm also letting go of myself like a snake shedding it's body. So, who do I love?

I don't want to love myself more than anyone else.

I want to love myself and everything in the universe as much as I love my daughter.

This is going to take me a while, but I'm getting there.

I am me.
I am you.
I am us.

I don't care about past lives or future lives.

I care about me, now.
I care about you, now.
I care about us, now.

<3

film_fountain.jpg

Just because this song is dope and frog dreams words are literally the lyrics