View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

While under the influence of LSD, do you find it hard to focus on TV or movies

SaladDays

Greenlighter
SWIM is sort of new to this sight and LSD in general. If I'm doing something wrong, please let me know. Be kind.

SWIM has taken LSD about 4 times. SWIM is also a big movie fan so SWIM always thinks that it will be fun to watch a movie. The first few minutes are always enjoyable but after a while, it's very hard to concentrate with whats going on the the movie and the actual movie it's self. SWIMS vision starts to go blurry and shake and it's hard to keep their eyes on the screen. Once SWIM focuses on something else, their vision returns back to normal (somehwhat… i.e. more clear, not shakey). It starts to even give them a slight headache, which never happens while not in this state. SWIMS friends seem to not have this problem and enjoy watching movies while in this state.

Does this happen to anyone else? I have extremly good eye sight most of the time and an O.K. attention span.

It depends on your mindset. For real.

Also, no swimming here on BL. :)

Hahaha I'm pretty sure you're fine, your thoughts just become a little "runny" on acid, totally normal. Some have a harder time with it than others. It should go away after a couple more trips, or at least you should start to get better at focusing in your altered state. Give it a little time and practice. If you really want to have a hard time focusing, try meditating on LSD.

It depends upon the dose. On low doses no, on high doses I could see how this would be difficult.

I remember going to see a movie about police called "Narc" the last time I ever took LSD more than a decade ago. I wasn't driving and my friend picked me up and we went, and it was not difficult to concentrate on the movie at all.

I wouldn't even watch A movie/show etc... on a high dose... It bring you down.. Yes on low doses sure... that is fine... But a high dose is meant for you to drift out.... and explore your inner self /mind

I'm not into watching TV or movies during trips, even though on low doses it doesn't inhibit your concentration... it just seems like a waste of a good psychedelic state, there are much more interesting things to do. There are exceptions... once I watched 6 episodes (6 hours) of Cosmos on a DOC trip and it was incredible.

I love, love and LOVE watching movies while tripping. Or at the least having them on and it is something my attention can periodically focus on.

On high(er) doses of mushrooms I sometimes find it hard to use the remote control and kind of give up; but overall a nice experience even if my 'presence' is not always with the movie. The level of immersion that I have in a horror movie is just surreal (think Silent Hill).

Tom

It's easier to watch movies on more sedating psychedelics like mushrooms/4-AcO-DMT/4-AcO-MET IMO. 4-AcO-MET is best IMO

i would find it totally impossible to concentrate on a movie. ime acid totally destroys short term memory. if it's drifting off during a conversation, pacing back and forth because you get two conflicting ideas on what you want to do, holding a half rolled cigarette in your hand because you forgot about it, ....
it gets better with more experience, but it's always there. i couldn't imagine watching a movie while tripping. the most i've done was watching music videos on the comedown.

I'm not into watching TV or movies during trips, even though on low doses it doesn't inhibit your concentration... it just seems like a waste of a good psychedelic state, there are much more interesting things to do. There are exceptions... once I watched 6 episodes (6 hours) of Cosmos on a DOC trip and it was incredible.

This. On a decent dose watching something isn't even really an option, on a light dose I guess I could but there's usually other things I'd rather spend my time on. I do like to watch cartoons while I'm coming down though as it leads to quite a bit of laughter :D Something about old Looney Tunes is especially hilarious.

Id only put on the tv to bring me back to reality... something about listening to people talk n that brings me back to this reality