• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

which vials are best for IV?

Inds

Bluelighter
Not sure where to post this. Actually, the stuff is anesthesia so it's not even going into my vein but I'm wondering what kind of vials to store it in. So far I've stored 10ml in a glass bottle with a cork plug but it evaporated within a year plus I started to notice dust and other particles in it so I stopped using it altogether. Is there a kind of vial that's sealed where I can just stick the needle in, extract and not have to open/close the container all the time which risks contaminents getting in? Thanks.

What anesthetic is it? A lot of substances are used in anesthesia: fentanyl and other opioids, midazolam and other benzos. Is it a volatile liquid with a sweetish smell? It could be sevoflurane, an ether with potent anesthetic effects. In any case, if you plan on storing it for more than a year, then I recommend store it in 2 containers: 1 for the main portion that you won't open often, only to take out enough for a few sessions. The first container's cap then should be closed tightly, sealed with parafilm, and stored in a freezer (sevoflurane's melting point should be below typical freezer temperatures).

This storage method should work for any halogenated solvent anesthetic, and for diethyl ether too.

If you want to draw it into a needle (why? You said it's not for IV, you can't store solutions for IV without a bacteriostatic like benzyl alcohol, and even then it's not meant to be stored for long after first dose taken from it - assume everything that goes in and every time you open it you contaminate it), then you need a special cap that can't be opened, that has a hole with a rubber sheet for needles. Similar to this, but the one I'm thinking about needs a special device to cap the vial and it can't be opened once capped. When I worked in an analytical chemistry lab, we used those to cap vials of solutions that are air-sensitive and were meant for prolonged storage.

Last edited:
If you don't even know what you have you shouldn't be fucking with. Do you not know or are you dodging the question?

Well, if this isn't a troll thread (or he's not dead):

I would buy a 100ml or 500ml vial of B-12 from your nearest tractor supply. Then extract all of it out (using needle and syringe of course), flush the vial with saline and then remove all saline. Then take your empty (and partially clean vial) and inject your 'solution' into the vial. Tadah! You may have to extract/inject some air in order to keep the pressurized seal functioning.

However, I hope you know what your messing with...........

Troll thread, are you kidding me? Look at my join date and post count...

Product is lidocaine, 1 or 2%. But the reason my question was vague was because I wanted answers for a general practice. There could be other liquids I'd wanna store in there. No the lidocaine is not for IV but it still needs to go inside whichever part of my body I wanna anesthetize so using a needle is unavoidable. Other things that concern me is when I drew the liquid out with a needle (especially a small one) before, it would suck up a lot of air in addition to the substance so I'd end up pumping myself full of air several times. Thank god it wasn't going in my vein or I'd be in trouble, so I read.

Is there a name for these special kind of air-tight vials they use where only the needle can go in whenever it wants without having to uncsrew the lid? I also imagine the vial is tilted upside down when drawing the substance to avoid getting air in the syringe.

Something like this----

At tractor supply they have these exact vials with penicillin, B-12, and other misc. antibiotics. I would personally use B-12 vial because even if you don't flush everything out a little B-12 is not going to kill you.
134RX_L_vvs_000.jpg

Troll thread, are you kidding me? Look at my join date and post count...

Product is lidocaine, 1 or 2%. But the reason my question was vague was because I wanted answers for a general practice. There could be other liquids I'd wanna store in there. No the lidocaine is not for IV but it still needs to go inside whichever part of my body I wanna anesthetize so using a needle is unavoidable. Other things that concern me is when I drew the liquid out with a needle (especially a small one) before, it would suck up a lot of air in addition to the substance so I'd end up pumping myself full of air several times. Thank god it wasn't going in my vein or I'd be in trouble, so I read.

Is there a name for these special kind of air-tight vials they use where only the needle can go in whenever it wants without having to uncsrew the lid? I also imagine the vial is tilted upside down when drawing the substance to avoid getting air in the syringe.

Inds,

I do not believe their is a specific name for the vial I am taking about. And yes, the vial will always need to be tilted upside down when pulling/injecting medicine.

If my method works I think you would have great success.

The thing you puncture with needle and it reseals after taking the needle out is called septum. Can also be called septa.

Google septum cap vial and you find them online to be ordered.

I am not sure if giving a direct limk would be counted as sourcing...

Other things that concern me is when I drew the liquid out with a needle (especially a small one) before, it would suck up a lot of air in addition to the substance so I'd end up pumping myself full of air several times.

That's why you eject the air from the syringe after you've drawn your dose. You draw the solution, then turn the syringe so that the needle is pointing upwards, depending on the syringe you may need to draw some air in order to avoid wasting your solution, and then you push the plunger so that all air leaves the syringe. I do that every time I plug.

Hi guys, most online vendors keep trying to sell me septa screw caps. Are these airtight? They don't seem like it. One guy told me the other type needs a crimper to apply and I will if screw caps are out.

Banamine, the psychedelic compound that's in Banana peel's. Merck, Merck, Merck. For use in horses, right.