• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Which strains for chronic pain

tnvol44

Bluelighter
I have recently went from 5x20mg ir oxy to 4x10mgperc a day.I have been on this regiment for fifteen days now.The percs are enough to keep me from getting sick but do not touch the pain unless I take double the dose.I have been trying to find other ways of pain control besides hitting up my doc to go back on all that oxy.I procured a small amount of MM recently and am giving it a try for additional pain control.I first tried a skunk indica,the buzz was nice but no pain relief,next up was sour diesel,again nice buzz but no pain relief.If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate any real world experience on this subject,I really don't want to go back on such high doses of pharms if I can help it.

Try blueberry, super skunk, afghan, northern lights, bubblegum, sweet tooth. Maybe try some hash too.

Leafly.com is a fantastic source of information on medicinal cannabis. It tells you which strains have been ideal for various symptoms.

I am in a similar situation as a chronic neuropathic pain patient who has been on opiates for pain management for years now.... I am not only interested in pain relief but would also like not feeling anymore tired/sluggish than I already do from the opiates, AND , actually feeling something GOOD wouldn't be bad either , even though that I know that , given my level of pain, this may be unlikely.....I have enough experience with Marijuana that I know what I'm doing (used it in my youth enough, but never was "addicted" or even terribly tolerant - I have been to Amsterdam on a couple of occasions and have friends who have always smoked, but I/we are in our 50's now), BUT I don't currently live in a state that has legalized it (but they have been passing legislation moving in that direction; reducing penalties, exploring medical options, etc.) ... I hope to discover more about named strains as I do travel and would appreciate any help I can get !!

Thirding the blueberry, all agree with leafly it's pretty good even better if you live in the states as it seems US focussed. If you can request strains from your green grocer then I'd suggest any indica dominant high CBD strain. I use Girl Scout cookies, Durga Mata, Red Dragon and mainly indica heavy indoor for pain. Obviously if you live somewhere less liberal and progressive it can be tough. Move to Barcelona! Better herb than Amsterdam and not at all touristy ( that being said, depends on the association your a member of ). Hope that helped, oh and of course hash too as Dr Greenthumb mentioned.

I have to ask...how the hell did you get your doctor to prescribe you opiates for chronic pain? (Rhetorical question.)

Mine refuses to. She keeps prescribing me antidepressants instead. Grrrrr.

Anyway, for my fibromyalgia and and chronic migraine, I prefer sativa to indica. Couldn't tell you what name specifically, but that's just my experience.

Mango kush is a fav. Romulan is wonderful for pain as well.

I find dense bud resinous strains with a fruity sweet taste with citrusy tones to usually have a heavy body high, but still clear headed. Fluffy variations dripping with resins tend to be more balanced in terms of body and head high.

I also recommend including water hash into your night time smoke at least. Getting used to hash smoke makes regular smoke less incapacitating and more like a breath of fresh air I find.

Edit; I second blueberry as well.

I had an mri and 3 collapsed discs and a herniated bulging disc all lower lumbar,I take plavix for a heart condition and have a plavix illuding stent in my heart so no injections and the only other thing they can do is a fusion,I'm 47 and that's too young to not be able to bend over and tie my shoes.Ask for a referral to pain management and they'll hook you up but be careful,it's a slippery slope.