• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which side of a Robaxacet is Methocarbamol? Green or white? Please save my liver! :P

Canuckistani

Greenlighter
Dear Bluelight Members,

I bought some generic Robaxacet and I'm used to using the brand name Robaxacet and I eat the green side of the pill which has the Methocarbamol but I bought these cheap grocery store brand type and I can't tell which side is the Methocabamol. Can someone give me some information on how to possibly tell which side is which. Each side tastes kinda foul and has a similar texture.

Is there a scientific way I can find out which is which. Maybe by using alcohol or water and seeing one side dissolve and finding out that way?

I'm using it as a potentiator with an opioid (Methadone) because I have painful muscle spasms.

I've ingested Tramacet today and I'm worried about my liver and don't want to ingest more tylenol.

Thank you so much for your help, I REALLY appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Canuckistani

It's distributed throughout the pill.

On the Robaxacet brand, the green side is the Methocarbamol and the white side is the Acetaminophen. I know because it tastes much diff than acetaminophen. You can snap the green side off easily and they are simply 2 diff pills pressed ontop of each other. One is tylenol (white) one is the methocarbamol (green).

But this generic brand made by "Remedy's RX' has the letters ES on the green side, and 225 on the white side...and you can snap the sides apart very easily. I'm curious which side is the methocarbamol on this generic brand because it tastes diff than the Robaxacet I'm used to.

One way to test if it's distributed throughout or if its separated into two separate halves is to test the melting point.

methocarbamol has a melting point around 95C and acetaminophen has a melting point closer to 170C.
If you pop both halves into an oven set at 125, Methocarbamol (usually green) will start to melt or get gooey while the acetaminophen should stay rock solid.

There's no way to separate it unfortunatley as previously stated, it is distributed evenly in the pill.

Methocarbamol is nothing like meprobamate or carisoprodol, its not even slightly close to it, just a waste of time and health.

i used to get scripts of these, like 150 of the 750mg ones for my back and they did shit all. its really not even worth that awful bitter taste. *you cant get high off them, at all*. i found they helped for withdrawal though, so theres that.

Robaxacet and even Kirkland brand is two tablets fused together and can easily be separated with a knife into a green side and white side.

Robaoxishit is what doctors give a patient to say "fuck you" without having to do it verbally

Thanks jbt2670 for the Robaxacet info. I suspected the green side was Methocarbamol because it is much more bitter than the white side. I just did the 125 C melting point test on both the Wal-Mart 'Equate' regular strength and No Frills 'Exact' extra strength brands (name brand is too expensive). The green side melted in both cases.

I did find that both brands can be split in half (white from green) but not by hand - I used a small pair of cutters to help. It's not perfect, but it works.

I can't find plain Robaxin anywhere. It always comes with Ibuprofen, ASA or Acetaminophen, none of which I want. Ibuprofen and ASA are too hard on my stomach. The acetaminophen I don't want because after 30 years of Tylenol #1 (what the doctor had recommended) my liver has a spot from the CT Scan. Currently awaiting the MRI result.

Too many products have Acetaminophen included when it’s not wanted, in my opinion.

Thanks very much. I was surprised but happy to find this information. It has been very helpful.

There's no way to separate it unfortunatley as previously stated, it is distributed evenly in the pill.

Methocarbamol is nothing like meprobamate or carisoprodol, its not even slightly close to it, just a waste of time and health.

That is simply not true. The pills he is talking about are two distinct layers of compound pressed together. One of them is white, the other is coloured. The come apart like a sandwich.

One thing you can do is get a scale and weigh both halves. You can also go by taste, if you have a sample of pure paracetamol to compare to.