• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which research chemicals turned out to be very dangerous?

FlyingDutchman342

Bluelighter
There are many warnings about the dangers of using a substance that was either only tested in rat studies or newly developed by designer drug chemists.
Which research chemicals have proven to be very harmful or even fatal and should be avoided?

Pretty much all the spice products, black mamba, and clockwork orange are the headliners

Any bathsalts like ivorywave also...off the top of my head :)

I think this is a complicated discussion because there are different types of danger associated with research chemicals. Plus the whole danger of consuming something with little history of use, who knows if there are long term health consequences with any of these chems.

Aside from that, some thoughts...

The "bathsalt" type drugs like MDPV can be used responsibly but they are dangerous because often they lead to very irresponsible use (high doses, constant redosing, ignoring sleep/food, etc).

The fentanyl drugs can be used responsibly but often the layman is not fully prepared to do so due to such high potency. With research and proper preparation they can be used somewhat safely with something like volumetric dosing. They are still dangerous though because accidents can always happen plus the margin between a recreational dose and a lethal dose is much narrower than with traditional opioids.

Then you have the research cannabinoids. These are dangerous for numerous reasons: addiction potential, insane potency plus some of the newer ones are possibly posing health hazards to users. I'd say the older cannabinoids can be used responsibly with proper handling while many of the newer ones shouldn't be touched with a ten foot pole.

What are the newer canniboids your talking about not touching?

I don't know, I've just read some instances of death, kidney damage, rapid build up of tolerance and extreme withdrawals from a few of them. Perhaps the cases of death/health problems were cases of very irresponsible use, I don't know.

Just do as much reading as you can before embarking on a new one.

what about deschloroketamine? That was supposed to be pretty bad for you.

Also a bunch of people using u4770 were saying their hair was falling out. I dont have any studies to back that up, just anecdotes.

I think they're all dangerous - but I read about a chem on Erowid that's supposed to mimic psilocybin perfectly without the nausea of mushrooms, can't think of the name though?

They?re all dangerous in the sense that they?ve had little to no human research and i?m sure the side effects from these RC?s range from inconsequential to extremely dangerous. We won?t really know until research is done, in which case they kind of stop being a research chemical.

This thread is seriously on the border line. I, unfortunately, cannot close it because there is a serious argument that Harm Reduction advice is necessary when examining any new substance in relation to an individual, whether it is an RC or not.

I'm leaving this open for a spell, but in the future, please make an attempt to create threads with a more realistic goal. We can't sit here and list all research chemicals that may be dangerous. It is such an utterly vague endeavor that you probably won't ever end up with the answer you are ultimately seeking. Could you kindly give us some examples of specific chemicals that you are considering using? If not, this is heading for the island of misfit threads.