Which recreational drug is worse for you when you're bulking?

Mdma use is not good during cycle, for multiple reasons.
1. Come down - no motivation to train, slight depression for a few days, I think it's slightly catabolic if I can remember correctly.
2. Appetite suppression - as we all know, their is no eating on or the next day after Mdma use.
3. Dancing repeatedly is likely to happen, meaning weight and water loss is likely to happen.

Add all this together and its highly counterproductive for bb purposes.

Hi nolys.... Some interesting information on the immunosuppressive properties of MDMA I was unaware of:

The ability of MDMA to suppress innate immunity is indicated by impaired neutrophil phagocytosis and reduced production of dendritic cell/macrophage-derived pro-inflammatory cytokines including tumour necrosis factor-alpha, interleukin (IL)-1β, IL-12 and IL-15. MDMA also suppresses innate IFN-γ production, and considering the role of IFN-γ in priming antigen-presenting cells, it is not surprising that MDMA reduces MHC class II expression on dendritic cells and macrophages, and inhibits co-stimulatory molecule expression. Paradoxically, studies demonstrate that MDMA elicits pro-inflammatory actions in the CNS by activating microglia, the resident innate immune cells in the brain. In terms of adaptive immunity, MDMA reduces circulating lymphocyte numbers, particularly CD4+ T-cells; suppresses T-cell proliferation; and skews cytokine production in a Th2 direction.

Research conducted over the last decade clearly demonstrates that MDMA elicits immunosuppressive effects in humans and laboratory animals, a property that it shares with other drugs of abuse. For the most part, the immunosuppressive effects of MDMA are not due to a direct action of the drug on immune cells, but rather due to the release of endogenous immunomodulatory substances, and recent studies have implicated catecholaminergic β-adrenoceptors and nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in mediating some of the suppressive effects of MDMA on immune functioning . In addition, there is emerging pre-clinical and clinical evidence to suggest that the immunosuppressive actions of MDMA lead to reduced host resistance to infections. In addition to the peripheral immunosuppressive actions of MDMA, recent evidence indicates that MDMA induces an inflammatory reaction in the brain by activating microglia and that microglial activation contributes to the neurotoxic actions of this drug.

FULL TEXT: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962814/

I didnt understand the first paragraph of that at all to be completely honest lol.
I knew it was supressivebto the immune system but not in the detail you have went into. Good find.

We're you ever into recreational drugs yourself gf? Pm me if you'd rather not talk about it on here out of interest

I didnt understand the first paragraph of that at all to be completely honest lol.
I knew it was supressivebto the immune system but not in the detail you have went into. Good find.

We're you ever into recreational drugs yourself gf? Pm me if you'd rather not talk about it on here out of interest

I'm currently reading up on the immune system now, so its kinda relevant to my research..

The book title I sent you this week.. Principles of Anatomy & Physiology.... Its all in there nolys... cheap too..!! You'd pay hundreds of pounds for Uni coursework books..!!

I'll PM you..lol

Question: I know a lot of the studies of mdma came back layer as "botched" due to the researchers "accidentally" using dextro-methamphetamine instead which we all know is in line with immunosuppression and neurotoxicity. (Not advocating street drug usage) I just know that mdma can be a lot more benign than what a lot of people and studies make it out to be. Though on the opposite end, it is a street drug and is almost always adulterated with partially reacted byproducts, unreacted material, and just overall cutting agents and street use is often abuse in every sense of the word (frequent dosing, high dosing, combining with other drugs etc).

In short: is that study based on real confirmed mdma or part of those botched studies from before?.

Question: I know a lot of the studies of mdma came back layer as "botched" due to the researchers "accidentally" using dextro-methamphetamine instead which we all know is in line with immunosuppression and neurotoxicity. (Not advocating street drug usage) I just know that mdma can be a lot more benign than what a lot of people and studies make it out to be. Though on the opposite end, it is a street drug and is almost always adulterated with partially reacted byproducts, unreacted material, and just overall cutting agents and street use is often abuse in every sense of the word (frequent dosing, high dosing, combining with other drugs etc).

In short: is that study based on real confirmed mdma or part of those botched studies from before?.

The study is dated 2010 although they do quote earlier work..

I noted this:

The authors wish to thank the Irish Research Council for Science Engineering and Technology for funding their research on the immunosuppressive effects of MDMA. The authors also gratefully acknowledge NIDA, USA for the gift of MDMA.

Here's the full paper: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2962814/