Which recreational drug is worse for you when you're bulking?

oxymuffin

Bluelighter
Hi,

I know that alcohol is counter productive when you're trying to bulk up, for several reasons. Thats why I avoid it, and, as of now, completely eliminated alcohol use for the following year.

But how about other drugs like Ketamine, Coke, and MDMA?

When I drink, I usually can't control how much I do, so I'd rather not drink at all. But I find it much easier to control my drug use, so I have no problem doing a line or two at a party, like once a month. Except for ketamine that I enjoy going a little harder sometimes when I'm at home.

Are they just as bad as alcohol?

Also, I'm cycling next month (cipionate/deca/d-bol - 12 weeks) so I don't wanna waste my time and effort by doing a bump of K every once in a while.

Thanks!

I would say that chronic use of opiates I an absolute NO No when it comes to this. I would think the worst would be methadone.

Anything that supresses your appetite, is catabolic, or effects motivation to train whether bulking or cutting really

Opiates, strong stimulants, weed on training days, things like that

Thanks for the replies.

I'm not talking about heavy drug use. Only the occasional line of ketamine or coke here and there, probably not more than 3-4 lines a month. Nothing that suppresses my apetite or motivation, nothing like that.

I know that alcohol puts me a few steps back every time I drink, so that I completely cut off. But I also know that ketamine, being an anesthetic may have an effect too, so I'll keep an eye on that.

Recreational drugs and bodybuilding do not mix.

This.

My personal opinion is that stimulants would be worst, as they suppress appetite and in some cases can be catabolic.
Opiates I don't know much about.

If you must take drugs, smoke weed... Avoid alcohol...

Drugs and bodybuilding don't mix

Only drugs should be more hormones and better hormones. Stay away from weed if you're dieting. Opioids make one lazy. Just stay away. It's one or the other. Not both..

Disagree with you on the weed serotonin, as long as you can stay on your diet whilst high I see no issues. Although.... If your one to get high and eat everything in sight, avoid the weed, if your on a dirty bulk, smoke and munch all day

You need to really know your own body know what's a positive an what's a negative, for me when being on a cycle that's all that matters. Get big when training -- party when you party!

Disagree with you on the weed serotonin, as long as you can stay on your diet whilst high I see no issues. Although.... If your one to get high and eat everything in sight, avoid the weed, if your on a dirty bulk, smoke and munch all day

Yeah for me (in the past) if I blazed I ate everything. And I was a lazy fuck too. Plus I'd rather use Ghrp6 for hunger as it's cheaper and helps with GH.

Bulking can bloat people making anything that stresses our heart an extremely bad idea.

Anything that causes vasoconstriction of arteries resulting in hypertension (high blood pressure)..... Blood thickening due to increased red blood cell count in AAS users can be and usually is responsible for hypertension, thus by increasing blood pressure further due to recreational drug use (amphetamines in particular) is not recommended..
In the heart, hypertension increases the afterload, which forces the ventricles to work harder to eject blood.
The normal response to an increased workload due to vigorous and regular exercise is hypertrophy of the myocardium, especially in the walls of the left ventricle. An increased afterload, however, leads to myocardial hypertrophy that is accompanied by muscle (of the heart) damage and fibrosis (a build up of collagen fibres). As a result, the left ventricle enlarges, weakens, and dilates. Because arteries in the brain are usually less protected by surrounding tissues than are the major arteries in other parts of the body, prolonged hypertension can eventually cause them to rupture, resulting in a stroke....

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

I'm not talking about heavy drug use. Only the occasional line of ketamine or coke here and there, probably not more than 3-4 lines a month. Nothing that suppresses my apetite or motivation, nothing like that.

I know that alcohol puts me a few steps back every time I drink, so that I completely cut off. But I also know that ketamine, being an anesthetic may have an effect too, so I'll keep an eye on that.

Heavy or light, it doesn't matter. You either pick steroids, or recreational drugs. There is no both.

opiates decrease testosterone levels

amphetamines (coke mdma speed) are vasoconstrictors and place additional strain on your heart, also they reduce appetite making it harder for you to meet your daily macros

alcohol is 7 calories per gram and also place additional strain on your liver..

dissociatives.......... hmmm im not sure how they would negatively impact you..

I would have to say LSD, mushrooms, and weed, would be relatively safe with steroids..

LIGHT alcohol use is probably ok

GHB is probably a decent one (increased GH levels, used to be sold as a BB suppleemtnt)

any type of amphetamine while on cycle is not a good idea (zyzz)

but if you had to do any amphetaime on cycle,, I would do MDMA as it is relatively safe.. how many people everyyear OD on mdma alone? almost none.

id also be donating blood though if you plan on doing this because your RBC count will be up and mdma is going to tighten those veins up and placing additional strain on your heart...

opiates decrease testosterone levels

amphetamines (coke mdma speed) are vasoconstrictors and place additional strain on your heart, also they reduce appetite making it harder for you to meet your daily macros

alcohol is 7 calories per gram and also place additional strain on your liver..

dissociatives.......... hmmm im not sure how they would negatively impact you..

I would have to say LSD, mushrooms, and weed, would be relatively safe with steroids..

LIGHT alcohol use is probably ok

GHB is probably a decent one (increased GH levels, used to be sold as a BB suppleemtnt)

any type of amphetamine while on cycle is not a good idea (zyzz)

but if you had to do any amphetaime on cycle,, I would do MDMA as it is relatively safe.. how many people everyyear OD on mdma alone? almost none.

id also be donating blood though if you plan on doing this because your RBC count will be up and mdma is going to tighten those veins up and placing additional strain on your heart...

faceplam.jpeg

Do not suggest people do MDMA while on cycle. You don't do recreational drugs on cycle. This is a proper bodybuilding forum. This isn't fucking juicehead partyboy forum where we all do steroids and pop ecstasy at the clubs. You either pick bodybuilding and steroids, or drugs and partying. There is no middle ground. There never will be any middle ground. Bodybuilding and recreational drugs do not mix.

If someone of on some Tren, Masteron, Test, T3, or whatever else takes ecstasy they risk serious health effects. There is no arguing it.

faceplam.jpeg

Do not suggest people do MDMA while on cycle. You don't do recreational drugs on cycle. This is a proper bodybuilding forum. This isn't fucking juicehead partyboy forum where we all do steroids and pop ecstasy at the clubs. You either pick bodybuilding and steroids, or drugs and partying. There is no middle ground. There never will be any middle ground. Bodybuilding and recreational drugs do not mix.

If someone of on some Tren, Masteron, Test, T3, or whatever else takes ecstasy they risk serious health effects. There is no arguing it.

people are going to do regardless of what we tell them or what they read on an internet forum. if they are going to take the riskier decision I think they should be informed at least.

^^then they can go elsewhere for that info. This part of BL is about hormones and related subjects to BODYBUILDING not body poisons. Think of this as a separate entity of that of conventional blue light. The harm reduction here is don't fucking do it as the risk far out weighs the rewards. It's not like he's asking "what's everyone's post workout cigarette" or something. Even smoking is frowned upon with bodybuilding. It's an all or nothing lifestyle .

Mdma use is not good during cycle, for multiple reasons.
1. Come down - no motivation to train, slight depression for a few days, I think it's slightly catabolic if I can remember correctly.
2. Appetite suppression - as we all know, their is no eating on or the next day after Mdma use.
3. Dancing repeatedly is likely to happen, meaning weight and water loss is likely to happen.

Add all this together and its highly counterproductive for bb purposes.

people are going to do what they want regardless of what we tell them or what they read on an internet forum. if they are going to take the riskier decision I think they should be informed at least.

You are right. That's why I inform them that bodybuilding and drugs do not mix. Therefore in the sake of harm reduction, I'm not going to guide them with steroid use while the choose to indulge in drugs. You know what all steroid related deaths and freakouts that result in jail have in common? Recreational drug use, both casual and habitual. If they want to do coke and whatever the fuck else while cruising on a TRT dosage of Testosterone it's there choice if they want to fuck up their gains. But while they are blasting, fuck no. Absolutely fucking not. They can go get advise from that shithole /fit/, the dying board getbig, or fucking promuscle scum.