• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which psychedelics have given you the most powerful audio distortions?

DXM.
LSD gave me some sound warping too but that was the least of my concerns while i was tripping lol

High doses of LSD and mushrooms. Cannabis in a large dose in prepared food at least 3g of cannabis if you want to experience this but just be prepared to have a psychedelic experience and make sure you are not going anywhere for awhile.

Excellent pure Sativa cannabis, or good quality Sativa hash in lower doses when smoked would make someone's voice on the phone sound completely different to me and like the voice of another person that I knew; but this apparently happens to some people when they smoke cannabis or hash. I also would hear music while stoned on sativa cannabis but I was in a hypnagogic state relaxing in bed. I have known other people who would hear audio distortions while stoned on a nice sativa when they were walking around at night.

Last edited:
2c-e for me, in a quiet room I'll often get very loud drilling sounds, like someone is trying to drill through the wall.
I was gonna order some DiPT off my vendor but I kept putting it off and now he's out of stock :(

That sounds intense! I wouldn't say I've ever gotten any audio hallucinations that heavy yet. 2C-E becomes more and more interesting to me.... But that sucks. :T I've been fearing that the same will happen because I'm not really in a position to get any new RCs at that moment.... I would love to try some DiPT, passed on it before for some reason but immediately regretted it.

^Highish doses of dpt give me a sound similar to drilling except it sounds chopped and screwed, randomly changing pitch as well as speeding up and slowing down.

That last bit sounds like what my highest dose of LSD did to me, haha. Listening to music was so freaking bizarre because of that.

There is of course DiPT which has very clear and obvious auditory effects, yet you won't believe your ears when you hear what it does to sound.

Other than DiPT, I have gotten the most auditory driven trips from 2CE. The synaesthesia is out of this world. 2CE was when I realized sight and sound was one and the same, completely indistinguishable.

I am super interested in DiPT, but I also wonder how much of it is actually related to a psychedelic effect.... Can't some of the pitch dropping last for a significantly long time after the trip wears off? That sounds awesome about the 2C-E though lol. Man would I love to try some of that stuff....

LSD has given me very intense audio effects one time on a high dose. When I was alone in silence I had indescribable audio effects I can't really put the noise into words because it was unique to anything I had ever heard before

I don't doubt it! The aforementioned sounds I had on high dose LSD were very complex indeed, more of a fractured chaos than something like mushrooms of 4-AcO-MET. Listening to silence is always crazy for me too.... Some seriously out-of-body stuff can happen from that!

LSD for sure. Even on DMT, nothing has come close to the crystal clear auditory distortion as I've experienced on LSD. Except perhaps in very high doses of mushrooms, but I'm just so wrecked at that point that everything else is changing and morphing so rapidly that it doesn't even occur to me that what I'm seeing/hearing/feeling is a hallucination.

I haven't actually gotten to that point on mushrooms yet, but I would really love to haha. I think I've been pretty close. Yeah again though I agree that LSD nuts.... I just wish it didn't take such huge doses for me to get such effects on it. :/ I'd love it if it happened from smaller amounts for me.

I have read from multiple sources that DPT has incredible audio effects. Never tried it, though. DXM definitely distorts audio but not in a productive way, just sort of makes it indiscernible. I've had LSD trips that caused my friends to sound like they were speaking an entirely different language. Sounds interesting but it was actually pretty scary, because i couldn't understand anything anybody said.

I've definitely never been that far out from audio distortions lol. Though I have gotten to the point that I couldn't retain what people were saying long enough that it made any difference anyway. >.> I really can't remember anything crazy happening on DXM for me.... It definitely was a crazy mindfuck, but I don't think I was really even capable of noticing what was happening sound-wise at that point. I feel like if anything did happen I would have forgotten it....

^ 12mg of 5-MeO-MiPT did that to me too. I was listening to the radio and it seemed like the DJ was just speaking gibberish, or maybe he was Charlie Brown's teacher.

I keep hearing a lot of great things about 5-MeO-MiPT, actually about pretty much every psychedelic mentioned here.... How strong would you say the visual effects were compared to the audio at that point?

Well, Salvia completely rewired my senses and I was seeing sound and not actually hearing it at the peak. But I was seeing nothing but sound.

Maybe I was hearing sight, idk, I was way too fucked to even know... Plus I didn't really have a body.

But I'm gonna have to say that, really unlike anything I've experienced before or since.

Haha, I've gotten to a pretty confusing point like that from salvia. I had smoked it while my friend was watching Transformers 2 in the same room. I interpreted the movie dialogue as my friend and I walking around a zoo and talking about the animals, which I was visually seeing play out in some sort of half-rendered remote viewing setup. It was some pretty odd stuff....

The strongest hallucinations on psychedelics I've experienced have occurred whilst stoned and in the hypnagogic state - in between consciousness and unconsciousness (read: falling asleep.) That's a sure fire way to hear voices. :)

Peace <3

I love being in that state. ^_^ Honestly I don't hear voices from that that much, though I do get crazy visuals. I did hear my only ever full sentence hallucination from doing that though, it actually asked me a question! It definitely caught me off guard haha.

Oh also on diphenhydramine obviously you hear a lot of voices and weird shit.

I often heard other music playing with the music I was listening yo, but in key.

Also heard a string quartet in my ceiling fan.

Idk if that's really a psychedelic though, more of a deliriant.

Yeah I don't consider diphenhydramine a psychedelic, but it definitely does have crazy audio distortions. I once sat next to a friend of mine who was watching subbed anime and all of the Japanese was turning into word salad but totally English sentences in my mind. It made for some very peculiar situations running through my head, along with several "What the hell are you watching!? Oh, yeah...." moments. 8)

5-MeO-MiPT is another GREAT one. Great mood enhancer too. You can smoke it too. Just be careful as it sneaks up on your and suddenly you realize maybe you should have taken less hits lol.

Is there much a difference between smoking it and eating it? I had heard that smoking it was more similar to 5-MeO-DMT than eating it, i.e. less visuals, more rushing dissociation, etc.

this one time when i went partying in a disco on mescaline my female companion wanted to rest on a couch a bit because she felt tired, so we rested there and had a good quarter hour talk when i realized she slep the WHOLE time, but i totally heard her talking to me!!!!!! Needless to say it freeked me the fuck out did'nt reaßize how intoxikared i was. Still had a blast, even when peoples faces looked like mug from pokėmon haha
Mescaline gives me strong audiohallucinatipns every time but this one was exeptional, i heard her voice clear as day and we talked about lots of stuff... lol made me think about who the fuck i was talking to, my subconcious or what?^^ mescalines so out of this world haha

That's crazy! I've definitely never tripped that hard on a psychedelic hahaha. That really means me want to try mescaline. :p Not that I didn't already.... What sort of doses do you usually take of it?

DXM.
LSD gave me some sound warping too but that was the least of my concerns while i was tripping lol

Hehe, audio hallucinations are usually one of my strongest concerns while tripping if they show up, they make things get wild. X)

High doses of LSD and mushrooms. Cannabis in a large dose in prepared food at least 3g of cannabis if you want to experience this but just be prepared to have a psychedelic experience and make sure you are not going anywhere for awhile.

Excellent pure Sativa cannabis, or good quality Sativa hash in lower doses when smoked would make someone's voice on the phone sound completely different to me and like the voice of another person that I knew; but this apparently happens to some people when they smoke cannabis or hash. I also would hear music while stoned on sativa cannabis but I was in a hypnagogic state relaxing in bed. I have known other people who would hear audio distortions while stoned on a nice sativa when they were walking around at night.

I don't need that much to have a psychedelic experience from cannabis lol. I imagine that I would barely even remember anything from eating that much. Using like four foot bongs or gas masks or such things with some potent buds usually gives me the full-blown syndrome with echoing, hearing mumbling through the walls, kaleidoscopes, ego loss, heavy tremors, the whole shebang.... It's intense but it's not really my preferred method for achieving such effects, it gets pretty physically uncomfortable haha. The audio effects are interesting too but not nearly as much as those from psychedelics, to me anyway. Cannabis audio effects remind more of like being in a lucid dream.

LSD. I was freaking out one night I went paranoid as fuck hearing friends talk shit about me when sitting right next to them. My girlfriend had just left in a fight. Then i start hearing them talk shit on us two (which they weren't) followed by calling me gay. Haha kinda funny looking back on it but i was def like WTF why would u say that FUCK U AHHH. This lasted for like 2 hours of the tail end of the trip. Too many nights rolling and raving all weekend that my mind wasn't able to come back to reality.

Later on i am watching tv on couch being quiet to myself finally. I am watching honey i shrunk the kids i forget which one. At one part (same night) on the tv they all start looking at me talking directly to me. The main dad was eying me up with his magnifying glass saying "What would happen if he killed himself? What would his grandparents think!" Fuckin freaked me the fuck out! I was like im staying on this couch until reality comes back.

I didnt kill myself.

Then another night LSD + Nitrous. Ya that's fucked up night. I dont remember it well enough to give details but when i would come to the room would explode or freeze with crazy sound distortion and even going deaf for a moment. One night at a Halloween rave (coming up watching evil dead 1 and 2 already had me a little on edge.) full blown trip at gods basement in Philly. I did a balloon and dip out for a moment come back to my friend shaking me saying "Dance dance dance dance" i couldn't hear him. The room black and empty.. slowly red shade covered everything and the party came back into my view. This was followed by the bass being felt and then heard, followed by the tail end of his '...Dance dance' chant. Was neat.