• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which psychedelics have given you the most powerful audio distortions?

Goddess Mode

Bluelighter
I actually seem to be pretty insensitive to the audio effects of psychedelics compared to my friends, but I'm interested in them because the few times I've ever gotten them significantly they were always accompanied by very heavy cognitive effects. Have you noticed the same thing? How would you rank the psychedelics you've tried in order of audio distortions?

So far, I have gotten audio effects on mushrooms, LSD, 2C-I, DMT, and 4-AcO-MET. On 2C-I, it only occurred on an outrageous 90 mg, and even then it was pretty mild. DMT does it for me at mid to high doses, but like 2C-I it's not really a focus, more just like an echoing effect. On LSD I've only significantly experienced it on 20 blotters, though the chaotic way it broke sounds into multiple parts and differentially altered each of them was much more impressive than either 2C-I or DMT for me. The trip was also much more delirious than either of those are normally.

On mushrooms, this seems to be a staple of my trips even in regular doses, which is notable considering that mushrooms also have by far the most mindfuck of any psychedelic I'm familiar with. On my highest dose so far, 5 g, I could hear trains roaring by outside my window. The only other substance I have found which compares so far is 4-AcO-MET, which I have tried once at 32 mg. I find this fascinating because 4-HO-MET, which I have tried four times at 25, 50, 20, and 20 mg, has never given me any level of audio distortion, and I also found 4-AcO-MET to be much psychologically deeper than 4-HO-MET. I'm very interested to see if these qualities keep up on future doses.

What has your experience been?

If one call DXM psychedelic (in some special way) I would say that it gave me most powerful audio distortions.
Maybe because it was my first substance (after alcohol) with help of which I tried discover myself. All substances I tried later (even "true" psychedelics) or didn't give great distortions, or maybe I was just stack to visual/mental distortions more than audio. Or maybe I don't remember, lol :) But DXM has really, really awesome enhancing effect for music and I definitely remember it.

upd: ah, one more thing - I tried once Salvia Divinorum (and didn't like it because it is one of the most dysphoric substances as for me) and it gave pretty intense audio distortions too.

upd2: high dosages of 2c-e (20+ mg) gave some interesting distortions too.

Last edited:
DOB. Songs would literally warp and change as I listened to them. I would hear people talking next to me and realize they weren't talking at all. One particular song got stuck in my head for the entire trip, and kept playing on an eternal loop til I fell asleep. Very strange Shpongle-like sounds, strange wisps and whistles. Very cool stuff. Wish I had access to more.

On 5-MeO-DMT I felt all my senses merge into one. So I could literally FEEL the music and when I heard a noise that was in another room I felt my consciousness expand to accompany the altered perception of my sound field. So awesome, I want more of that stuff too haha.

There's typically always some kind of primal universal background music in my head when I'm on shrooms. And a typical whooshing sound like the universe has opened a portal in my mind. Actually I think it's from yawning but the mushrooms make it sound very intense.

On LSD I'll usually have multiple songs in my head at the same time. Music is best on LSD hands down.

Mega dose of DOC allowed me to hear every sound in my house. It was NOT fun. Everything that made a sound echoed and it was just way too much.

If one call DXM psychedelic (in some special way) I would say that it gave me most powerful audio distortions.
Maybe because it was my first substance (after alcohol) with help of which I tried discover myself. All substances I tried later (even "true" psychedelics) or didn't give great distortions, or maybe I was just stack to visual/mental distortions more than audio. Or maybe I don't remember, lol :) But DXM has really, really awesome enhancing effect for music and I definitely remember it.

upd: ah, one more thing - I tried once Salvia Divinorum (and didn't like it because it is one of the most dysphoric substances as for me) and it gave pretty intense audio distortions too.

upd2: high dosages of 2c-e (20+ mg) gave some interesting distortions too.

Well, I don't really consider DXM to be a psychedelic, but I understand the overlap in effects between psychedelics and dissociatives. Though, in my case, it actually hasn't given me any audio distortions that I can think of, even though it has had the heaviest psychological distortion of any substance I have tried. I may just be quite insensitive to these effects on dissociatives as well because I can only think of a single time I've ever gotten audio distortions even on nitrous oxide, the stereotypical echoing, and I use it every single time I trip. I do remember DXM enhancing music though!

Salvia is one of my favorite hallucinogens, haha. I've gotten sound distortion on it only once that I can think of as well, but you're right that it is quite severe. I could've sworn that my parents were yelling at my over and over again....

I would still like to try 2C-E if I'm ever lucky enough to come across it. Interesting that it's also one of the deepest phenethylamines as well. :)

DOB. Songs would literally warp and change as I listened to them. I would hear people talking next to me and realize they weren't talking at all. One particular song got stuck in my head for the entire trip, and kept playing on an eternal loop til I fell asleep. Very strange Shpongle-like sounds, strange wisps and whistles. Very cool stuff. Wish I had access to more.

On 5-MeO-DMT I felt all my senses merge into one. So I could literally FEEL the music and when I heard a noise that was in another room I felt my consciousness expand to accompany the altered perception of my sound field. So awesome, I want more of that stuff too haha.

There's typically always some kind of primal universal background music in my head when I'm on shrooms. And a typical whooshing sound like the universe has opened a portal in my mind. Actually I think it's from yawning but the mushrooms make it sound very intense.

On LSD I'll usually have multiple songs in my head at the same time. Music is best on LSD hands down.

That sounds crazy with the DOB! I would love to have effects like that haha. I got to try DOB once on a blotter, but it wasn't strong enough to have anything like that happen. You know though, there is one trip I forgot to take into consideration.... I usually leave it out of things because I don't know for sure what drug it was on, but based on context clues at the time I believed it to be DOI. Hard to say. But I actually did have songs getting stuck in my head on loop and lots of whistley sounds too. I actually had some synesthesia where moving around on a bed created wind chimes sounds! I would very much like to try that stuff again....

That matches pretty much everything else I've ever heard about 5-MeO-DMT lol. Oh, I've actually felt that feeling of expanding the consciousness field too! I get it especially on 4-HO-MET and 4-HO-DET, accompanied by some really cool visuals to represent it. I love the things that psychedelics can make you aware of. ^_^

That's actually the way that mushrooms sound for me too, and 4-AcO-MET as well. I never considered that it could be from the yawning, heh. I'll have to think about that next time! I don't know though, because I yawn on a lot of tryptamines and I've only gotten that on those two. :p

Mega dose of DOC allowed me to hear every sound in my house. It was NOT fun. Everything that made a sound echoed and it was just way too much.

That's what 50 mg of 4-HO-MET was like for me, haha. I liked it. I had to sneak around the house to not wake people up in the dead of night and I felt like I was all in tune to the whole house, being the ultimate psychedelic sleuth hehe.

I wonder what it is about the DOx chemicals that makes them have so much audio? I'm going to have to look into that more....

2c-e for me, in a quiet room I'll often get very loud drilling sounds, like someone is trying to drill through the wall.
I was gonna order some DiPT off my vendor but I kept putting it off and now he's out of stock :(

^Highish doses of dpt give me a sound similar to drilling except it sounds chopped and screwed, randomly changing pitch as well as speeding up and slowing down.

There is of course DiPT which has very clear and obvious auditory effects, yet you won't believe your ears when you hear what it does to sound.

Other than DiPT, I have gotten the most auditory driven trips from 2CE. The synaesthesia is out of this world. 2CE was when I realized sight and sound was one and the same, completely indistinguishable.

LSD has given me very intense audio effects one time on a high dose. When I was alone in silence I had indescribable audio effects I can't really put the noise into words because it was unique to anything I had ever heard before

LSD for sure. Even on DMT, nothing has come close to the crystal clear auditory distortion as I've experienced on LSD. Except perhaps in very high doses of mushrooms, but I'm just so wrecked at that point that everything else is changing and morphing so rapidly that it doesn't even occur to me that what I'm seeing/hearing/feeling is a hallucination.

I have read from multiple sources that DPT has incredible audio effects. Never tried it, though. DXM definitely distorts audio but not in a productive way, just sort of makes it indiscernible. I've had LSD trips that caused my friends to sound like they were speaking an entirely different language. Sounds interesting but it was actually pretty scary, because i couldn't understand anything anybody said.

^ 12mg of 5-MeO-MiPT did that to me too. I was listening to the radio and it seemed like the DJ was just speaking gibberish, or maybe he was Charlie Brown's teacher.

Well, Salvia completely rewired my senses and I was seeing sound and not actually hearing it at the peak. But I was seeing nothing but sound.

Maybe I was hearing sight, idk, I was way too fucked to even know... Plus I didn't really have a body.

But I'm gonna have to say that, really unlike anything I've experienced before or since.

The strongest hallucinations on psychedelics I've experienced have occurred whilst stoned and in the hypnagogic state - in between consciousness and unconsciousness (read: falling asleep.) That's a sure fire way to hear voices. :)

Peace <3

Oh also on diphenhydramine obviously you hear a lot of voices and weird shit.

I often heard other music playing with the music I was listening yo, but in key.

Also heard a string quartet in my ceiling fan.

Idk if that's really a psychedelic though, more of a deliriant.

5-MeO-MiPT is another GREAT one. Great mood enhancer too. You can smoke it too. Just be careful as it sneaks up on your and suddenly you realize maybe you should have taken less hits lol.

DiPT produced, hands down, the most profound audio distortions, it's simply in a league of its own. Great stuff, a real trip but the most bizarre trip ever because it leads with audio distortions.

2C-E also produces profound audio changes, including the apparent ability to pinpoint sounds due to being able to feel them. It's also phenomenal for musical enhancement, much better for that than DiPT because DiPT makes everything sound dischordant and music isn't really very pleasurable during the peak. DiPT is better for listening to the world and nature... extremely profound for that.

this one time when i went partying in a disco on mescaline my female companion wanted to rest on a couch a bit because she felt tired, so we rested there and had a good quarter hour talk when i realized she slep the WHOLE time, but i totally heard her talking to me!!!!!! Needless to say it freeked me the fuck out did'nt reaßize how intoxikared i was. Still had a blast, even when peoples faces looked like mug from pokėmon haha

Mescaline gives me strong audiohallucinatipns every time but this one was exeptional, i heard her voice clear as day and we talked about lots of stuff... lol made me think about who the fuck i was talking to, my subconcious or what?^^ mescalines so out of this world haha