• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which psychedelic/dissociative, natural or designer, will always provide a good trip?

Racecarlock

Greenlighter
Or at the very least comes with a high chance of having a positive experience? I keep hearing about bad trips, but I still want to have a trip, but I want to avoid a bad one without taking an additional drug. Do you guys know of anything that might provide that?

I don't know, MDMA maybe, if you consider that psychedelic?

It's kind of funny. I've had way more terrifying experieneces on dissociatives than on psyhcedelics. And yet, I still fear a bad psychedelic trip more than a bad dissociative trip. Like, i've only ever had a good time on lysergamides. But I have been terrified while on dissociatives, and depressed while on tryptamines. Yet for some reason, I still take dissos without hesitation. But every time I take a tryptamine or lysergamide, im always a little nervous ill have a bad trip.

I feel like even with bad experiences on dissos, that level of remove they provide dulls the terror a bit. With psychedelics, you are absolutely, viscerally there.

There is no drug that will always provide a good trip.

On any drug, the best way to ensure you have a good trip is to take the following advice:

1. Do a lot of reading and research so you have some understanding of the drug's effects
2. Know what you're taking and don't take unidentified drugs. Often this means testing your drugs with a reagent kit (like Ehrlich's reagent, in the case of lysergamides)
3. Don't take too much. Sometimes this means weighing your drugs with a scale, sometimes it means taking a small test dose to gauge potency before trying a full dose.
4. Have a good mindset. Trip at a time when you can safely relax and enjoy yourself, not when you have troubling things on your mind.
5. Trip in a good setting. For a new user, this probably means a safe place that you control, like your room at home. If you're new to these drugs, you should have a trusted friend present to keep an eye on you and help you out in case you need it.

I agree with Clocktower :)

As for me, phenethylamine psychedelics have been more merciful in terms of falling into uncomfortable thought loops and stuff, than trypts or lysergs. My GF (who is always afraid of "bad trips") vouches for AL-LAD as being the most predictable, easily controlled and fun psychedelic.
MDA and 6-APDB are always nice for me but it's never a full blown trip, just some patterning and relaxing euphoria.
As for dissos, I never got to like them, they make me feel weird, dull and somewhat imprisoned until the trip is over. In contrast to most psychedelics that feel so liberating! :)

I've noticed a strange trend btw, people are usually inclined towards either dissos or serotonin releasers (MDMA, MDA, APB's). I wonder why?..8)

Because they´re the most easy-going drugs, even if the dissos can cause bad trips and the releasers leave you drained of monoamines in the comedown.

It's all about preferences, I myself know that taking a serotonin releaser is asking for a bad trip. Everyone seems to see MDMA as a benign, always happy, always good high, but I always experience bad bodyload and anxiety on them.

On the other hand, I love my dissos, and talking about psychedelics I prefer high doses of tryptamines/lysergamides over low doses, and over phenetylamines, that also give me a bad bodyload.

I agree with the 2C-B, seems quite friendly both physically and mentally. Should have least downsides of all if you ask me.

Obviously don't do something like get really drunk first before the 2C-B. I saw a guy doing that for his first time and he was just *gone*, had a sort of trippy black hole, behaved weird, remembered nothing. But that says nothing about 2C-B and everything about alcohol.

Would actually be interesting to read the bad / difficult trip report section on erowid

^Ahhh yeah, fuck I'd forgotten about my occasional 2c-b/alcohol blips. Hadn't happened to me in a few years now, but is pretty much like you described. You sort of black out/go delerious, then wake up with a bunch of sketchy/odd memories and reports of you doing weird shit. Not a good combo at all.

There is no surefire way to avoid a bad trip. The best way to avoid one is to not obsess over it too much. When you take a psychedelic, you just have to go with the flow regardless of what happens. In my early trips, I always had periods of feeling like "why the fuck did I do this to myself, I wish I could just feel normal", but you just have to let those moments pass and not panic. I would say I have never had a "bad trip" even though I have had difficult experiences.

That said, I'd say that all of the following are quite friendly and it's unlikely you'd have a bad trip on them:

Mescaline
2C-B
2C-C
4-HO-MiPT
4-HO-MET
AMT

Definitely a subjective question. Myself, I'm not a fan of phenethylamines. I've tried 2C-B, -C, -D and -P and I just find that I am more comfortable with tryptamines and lysergamides. 2C-B is probably the easiest, yes, but I find it to be a very forced sort of euphoria and much less enjoyable than the euphoria you get from a solid acid trip.

I've recently experimented with a lot of the lysergamides: AL-LAD, ETH-LAD, ALD52 and have recently acquired some good acid. Good acid beats them all hands down. The novel lysergamides are good to great, but I think that they take the components of acid and present them alone (if that makes sense). In acid, all the lysergamide components are in one trip and they synergise perfectly.

I guess the same could be said of tryptamines v mushrooms. Anyway, in answer to the question, IMHO 4-ho-met is probably the least likely to give me a bad trip. I know it's short-lived and I know what to expect: there are no surprises unlike with lysergamides (in particular LSD and ald52). Having said that, I would find 4-ho-met to be rather boring if I did it too regularly.

On the disso point, ketamine is best (although I'm only familiar with K and MXE). Today I took a tab of really good acid (sold as 200ug and reagent tested) and 30 minutes in took a hole dose of K. I came out of the hole to the extent where I was able to make notes after about an hour and a half and wrote "pure confused bliss". Now, the visuals were immense, and at that level with acid alone I guess it may have been bordering on overwhelming, but the disso numbs the fear and I was able to cruise through the trip. It was bizarre, because I was coming down from the K as the acid was rising and the overall trip was immense. I feel a full report coming on soon...

It's all about preferences, I myself know that taking a serotonin releaser is asking for a bad trip. Everyone seems to see MDMA as a benign, always happy, always good high, but I always experience bad bodyload and anxiety on them.

On the other hand, I love my dissos, and talking about psychedelics I prefer high doses of tryptamines/lysergamides over low doses, and over phenetylamines, that also give me a bad bodyload.
You need to start specifying which drugs you're talking about and their specific pharmacology when talking about hallucinogens because if you're talking about tryptamines I could be thinking about psilocin, serotonin, melatonin, or ibogaine; all tryptamines with different pharmacologies. Same obviously goes for phenethylamines which are obviously a broad class of psychoactive substances.

I have never been let down by AL-LAD and in fact have used it to introduce people to psychs because it is more "recreational" and generally easier on the mind than mushrooms or LSD.

If you want a guaranteed happy time, it's probably better to stick with something like oxycodone than psychedelics.

But yeah, Clocktower's post is spot on.

I've never had a bad trip on dissociatives. Even if I get arrested or sent to the psych ward I still enjoy the experience until it wears off.

I've always had good times on MXE or ketamine. Dissociatives automatically put me in a meh kind of state where things don't seem real anymore and therefor ok. On psychs I've occassionally had the oh fuck this is real and I am literally losing my mind experience.

2C-B or MDMA, comfortable setting don't exceed normal dose, or micro-dose LSD25 10-50ug if you are not prone to any insane mental problems, these shouldn't cause a bad trip... However, you can always have a bad trip hypothetically.