• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Which OTC antihistamine or other drug has the strongest anticholinergic effects?

aspiringchemist

Bluelighter
I live in the US. Scopolamine is only available via prescription. Of your run of the mill OTC drug store meds, which is shown to produce the most anticholinergic activity? Or perhaps easily obtainable prescription meds.

I have some kind of autoimmune disease and struggle badly with nausea/vertigo and I've found scopolamine so effective but most OTC antihistamines I've tried do nothing. I am already prescribed 8mg Ondansetron ODT twice daily and have a clonazepam prescription; both of which are anti emetics.

Thanks

I found a paper comparing anticholinergic effects of Cyproheptadine, Promethazine, Desloratadine, Diphenhydramine, Loratadine, Chlorpheniramine, Hydroxyzine, Pyrilamine, Cetirizine, and Fexofenadine with atropine in a variety of functional measures of anticholinergic activity.

"Cyproheptadine, promethazine and diphenhydramine showed measurable activity in both of the test models. Among the newer-generation antihistamines, loratadine and its active metabolite desloratadine were observed to have anticholinergic activity in both bioassay models, whereas cetirizine and fexofenadine did not."
"In vivo, five antihistamines showed anticholinergic activity: cyproheptadine>promethazine>desloratadine>loratadine>diphenhydramine. The remaining antihistamines had no significant effect at i.v. infusion doses up to 50 ìmol/kg. Cetirizine and fexofenadine did not antagonize cholinergic responses in either model."

With the caveat that loratidine and desloratidine may have worse cns penetration.

Potent anti cholinergics are
°scopalamine
°atropine
°BZ (so potent it was weaponized by the US gov by aerosolizing it circa mk ultra) for more info see it's vault Here (erowid)

But ya over the counter diphenhydramine is as potent an anticholinergic you are going to find if you are looking for one to potentiate an opioid. There is a form of heroin that once existed and still may called cheese. It was a mixture of scramble heroin and Tylenol PM (acetaminophen w/ diphenhydramine). It was actually so powerful that it had kids falling out and this was before the mad rush of fentanyl analogues were brought into this country by intelligence (black ops) .

Scopolamine is such a powerful anti chol. that it is used as a mind control drug in places such as South America. Someone would search out a tourist and blow a small amount of the powder into their face... soon the unexpected tourist would be at the control of the person with the scope (named the predator for this purpose) the victim will do whatever the predator requests of him and the victim will not remember a thing. For all intensive purposes this could be considered voodoo.

Atropine another extremely potent anticholinergic is so powerful that it's used in emergency room settings.

BZ is one of the most powerful anticholinergics to exist it is so powerful in fact that it causes extreme hallucinations and the US government used it and weaponized it for purposes of using against enemies by making them disoriented enough to capture, shoot, and/or kill. See Operation MK Ultra AND BZ.

Potent anti cholinergics are
°scopalamine
°atropine
°BZ (so potent it was weaponized by the US gov by aerosolizing it circa mk ultra) for more info see it's vault Here (erowid)

But ya over the counter diphenhydramine is as potent an anticholinergic you are going to find if you are looking for one to potentiate an opioid. There is a form of heroin that once existed and still may called cheese. It was a mixture of scramble heroin and Tylenol PM (acetaminophen w/ diphenhydramine). It was actually so powerful that it had kids falling out and this was before the mad rush of fentanyl analogues were brought into this country by intelligence (black ops) .

Scopolamine is such a powerful anti chol. that it is used as a mind control drug in places such as South America. Someone would search out a tourist and blow a small amount of the powder into their face... soon the unexpected tourist would be at the control of the person with the scope (named the predator for this purpose) the victim will do whatever the predator requests of him and the victim will not remember a thing. For all intensive purposes this could be considered voodoo.

Atropine another extremely potent anticholinergic is so powerful that it's used in emergency room settings.

BZ is one of the most powerful anticholinergics to exist it is so powerful in fact that it causes extreme hallucinations and the US government used it and weaponized it for purposes of using against enemies by making them disoriented enough to capture, shoot, and/or kill. See Operation MK Ultra AND BZ.
Thanks for the response. I have heard of the illicit use of scopolamine as a mind controlling agent. All in all, pretty intriguing, especially when you consider it's found in nature!

I am not seeking an anticholinergic for opioid potentiation but for nausea (see OP).

I have taken tons of atropine in the combination drug diphenoxylate-atropine (lomotil). I did not go over 0.4mg per day though as iirc that is the smallest dosage that scopolamine tablets are made in.