• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which of these cause uncontrollably twitching/muscle weakness?

Legally High

Bluelighter
I took 5-10 mg Dexedrine (speed), lots of baclofen and gabapentin, by the end of the night I was twitching uncontrollably and dropping my phone couldn't even hold on to it like my muscles were extremely weak. This really bothered me as it seemed pretty serious and the twitching was ruining my night out. I also take celexa, lamictal, and l tryptophan at night. Thanks in advance.

My thought is that baclofen did it as whenever I try to take a lot I get uncomfortably itchy and get muscle weakness. Maybe taking it combined created the shakes as well?

****edit I forgot I drank quite a bit of codiene/guafanison syrup. Maybe it was the guanfanison. Although I doubt it it doesn't appear to have that side effect.

Last edited:
Why are you taking so many baclofen? Are you aware they are an anti-inflammatory? I don't think you are getting high on them. I don't know which drug that you took would cause the reaction that you experienced.

"Baclofen, sold under the brand name Lioresal among others, is a central nervous system depressant used as a skeletal muscle relaxant."

I've also noticed that today when I'm taking some Dexedrine I feel that same feeling coming on very subtly.

How much gabapentin did you take? I definitely get muscle jerks every time I take 1200mg or more, but notice it les and less the more days in a row I take it. Haven't had muscle weakness from it though.

How much gabapentin did you take? I definitely get muscle jerks every time I take 1200mg or more, but notice it les and less the more days in a row I take it. Haven't had muscle weakness from it though.

Isn't it supposed to be anticonvulsant and sedating though?

Not sure, I know it's a nerve blocker, so maybe along with blocking nerve pain, it blocks your ability to have control over what your nerves are doing on their own? I pulled that out of thin air though, it's a wild guess.
it can be sedating...not everybody responds the same. But for me and one person I've talked to, it's stimulating at first and then sedating a few hours later.