• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants which meth ROAs cause meth mouth

Everything you said was helpful but brushing your teeth immediately after smoking does more harm than good. The enamel on your teeth is weakened so much that it's almost falling off by itself, and it doesn't come back once its gone. If you're going to brush do it before or long after. There's one product that pretty much makes meth mouth a thing of the past. Biotene. It's the only thing that actually works. Really. Biotene. Now you can inhale all the viscous vapor you want. Worry free!

What about a flouride based mouthwash like Act Restore? Does Biotene have something different/special going for it? Thanks!

And yeah, it would seem that brushing after sessions just scrapes away weak enamal. I've been using Act flouride mouthwash after every couple of hits, or after a session. Followed by a pure-water rinse and followed by drinking water to stay hydrated. Works pretty damn well, although Zaxas may be opening my eyes to this Biotene magic.

They all cause very dry mouth...therefore all, but as you said, especially the smoking.

ROA has nothing to do with meth mouth. want to continue reading the full explanation?
NSFW:
Dry mouth is one of the many prominent effects of methamphetamine. swallow it, smoke it, snort it, shoot it, plug it, invent your own transdermal meth patch, administer the methamphetamine to your body via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi. It does not matter, dry mouth will be a result of exposure to methamphetamine, and every single ROA itself represents a means of exposing the drug to the nearest onramp then via the circulatory freeway system on a race to your receptors. Each ROA gets to the circulatory system in a different timeframe, depending on which part of your body it is, which veins are carrying the cargo, whether they undergo first pass metabolism or bypass the liver, but the endgame results in having all ROA's causing (for the vast majority) the same symptoms to a relative degree.

For example, most people who aren't educated on the subject would say vaporization causes meth mouth which isn't entirely true since as we discussed, "all paths lead to Rome", all ROA's are capable of detrimental oral health and tooth decay most often as a direct result of self-neglect, however there is some research out there that claim that when vaporizing/ "smoking" meth, the methamphetamine + whatever it is cut/adulterated with undergo a series of changes when changing from the solid, to liquid, and finally gaseous vapor form (as basic rules of chemistry and physics already explain exactly what changes occur).

The research found that active and inactive ingredients when heated to form vaporized methamphetamine, a vapor that's (if you can believe it), not very healthy and chances of it doing your mouth any favors are not looking good, so the vapor meth 'smokers' are exposed to is like, somewhat corrosive to tooth enamel!

So using vaporized methamphetamine via the inhaled/pulmonary route which likely exacerbates the tooth and oral health decay in those abusing the drug without taking measures or regards to protecting their teeth or general health and hygiene.

So in depth that's why the title of this thread's question is not easy to answer simply and certainly not in a way that applies universally. Every user is unique in their ritual abuse methodology, extent of moderation, wildly fluctuating and lacking basic knowledge of the drug, it's chemistry or pharmacokinetics, and lastly yet critically essential, how one's application and extent/effort of harm reduction both before, during, and after they administer the drug.

To prevent meth mouth: Use less meth, learn everything you can beyond the bare basics of the chemicals you're putting in your body and how this is applied to HR by drinking the daily minimum recommended water intake, use of dental hygiene products from brushing your teeth completely and properly and regularly. Another dental hygiene product, like Biotene (sold pretty much most places mouthwash is sold, and pharmacies) which is a special mouth rinse for Dry Mouth. Similar to mouthwash, it cleans out your mouth, but unlike most mouthwash it has no alcohol since that would worsen dry mouth. It works as a pH buffer to restore neutral pH 7 environment from the acidic conditions produced by the meth and/or poor hygiene.

skip here for short answer
TL;DR for those who dont want the full explanation- use common sense and keep your mouth wet and clean using basic personal hygiene since meth mouth is a result not of how one administers the chemicals, and if you do not want your mouth to resemble the iconic Montana meth campaign's centerfolds, replenish your body of healthy fluids like water and electrolytes because so many are used up biologically in response to meth abuse you will have a drastically less desirable experience and agonizing come-downs.

Avoid this with hydration and nourishment with healthy foods despite the potent anorectic properties of meth. You may not feel thirsty or capable of eating, let alone something healthy that won't make the situation worse like drinking soda, you may as well just not bother since drinking a caffeine/stimulant sugary, high fructose corn syrup disaster. Drinking soda would be a catalyst for meth-mouth and caffeine use.

For more information on this topic which has been covered extensively, use the search engine, there are threads full of individuals personal methods of preventing or delaying any oral health problems. Don't wait either, cuz once your teeth lose their health or enamel... that's fuckin it... game over.... unless you express Shark DNA, ha.

Good advice even for non stimulant users: brush & floss ya fuckin teeth and gums if you don't wanna lose them :)

Avoid anything cooked up by an amateur chemist with batteries, ammonium nitrate, Li metal from Energizer AA batteries, a solvent, a 2L Coca-Cola bottle, and some (pseudo)ephedrine. Also, if the red P/I2 method was used to reduce the (pseudo)ephedrine, then it has an impurity which leads to psychosis in short order and probably rots your teeth out the most. Stick to high quality Mexcian cartel ice, and you should be fine, unless you do perpetually do way too much over an extended period of time or have naturally weak, soft teeth. If those two are the case, then yes, your teeth will probably fall out in time. I was lucky I didn't lose my teeth, but I had, up until then, never even had a cavity.

Also, if the red P/I2 method was used to reduce the (pseudo)ephedrine, then it has an impurity which leads to psychosis in short order and probably rots your teeth out the most.

Is this "impurity" d-methamphetamine? :)

No, it used to be on Rhodium's webpage, it was a fairly big, fairly complex looking molecule.

The mexicans use hi/RP almost exclusively dude.
Which is basically the same as i2/rp, i dont want to really break the rules here but both the reactions work completely the same..
I thought that smoking the shit rots ya teeth quicker, sniffing or shooting still rots ya teeth, but the vapor itself being corrosive or something makes your teeth rot quicker.

Last edited:
Stick to high quality Mexcian cartel ice, and you should be fine, unless you do perpetually do way too much over an extended period of time or have naturally weak, soft teeth.

Sounds easy enough. I assume it would just be like going to eBay or something right?

"My good sir, fine day is it not?"

"Yeah whatsup cousinskeeter?"

"I would like to make a purchase for 1 sack of your finest Mexican Cartel Ice please. I assume you know precisely the original location from which it was procured?"

"Uhh...yeah.... sure bro. Here I actually just got in some FIRE cartel ice, most definitely 100% from the cartel..... which is in Mexico... and stuff. Actually, its a costs a little bit more than usual because the cartel stuff don't rot your teeth like the other crap out there. I care about you as a client, I only buy the best for you skeeter."

"You seem like a trustworthy chap, here you go sir."

*slaps him 40 bucks*
*slaps back a 40 bag of super-cartel-fire-ice*

"Catch ya in 2 days skeeter."

"Cheerio!"

Hi Im new to this forum so please be nice to me=-) I know this post is kinda old but I just wanted to let you know that Wikipedia and some other sites online say that IV is the worst for meth mouth believe it or not. I think it is true because I've been heavily smoking it daily for several years and my teeth look great besides a few cavities in the back of my mouth that i need to get filled soon. I think part of why my teeth aren't fucked up is because I've never neglected brushing and flossing my teeth like some tweakers do. Also, I've never shot it up btw I don't fuck with needles cuz they scare the shit out of me lol.

I use iv as my roa, and personally, I find I brush my teeth more. I find the high alot smoother and less jittery. I can focus more. I brush my teeth alot, I drink water, orange juice, and milk, I shower, lotion.. that's just me personally. The only other way I do it is snort it but I feel I get stuck on something and can't pull myself from whatever I'm doing. Every one is different though. Also I don't really redose in a tweaker manner either. If I do at all, usually I'll sleep most nights and just dose once in the morning, but if I did it's not until I'm know I'm coming down. But I also take multi viatmins and eat. Every if I don't feel like eating I make myself. I don't know if it depends on roa as much the individual themself. But this is all personal experience so I'm not saying what I do is what every one should or does do.

I always got the worst drymouth with snorting, so I imagine my teeth would be fucked if I'd only snorted... smoked heavily daily for 2 years and have all of my teeth in good shape + my wisdom teeth still.

If you are choosing smoking as your ROA would a water piece be suggested? Would there be any benefits to that as opposed to a dry piece?

Honestly I never noticed much difference, I imagine there's some benefit, but I never noticed one.

I don't think that smoking is much worse than any other r.o.a in terms of dental hygeine. Its my experience that the drug itself, the d-methamphetamine, has all these shitty effects you guys are talking about. And i.v. you're getting alot more of that activity in your nervous system that causes that jaw clenching, that dry mouth, that lack of thirst. Alot of the freakouts with shake and bake are due to the fact that not only is it a higher d-methamphetamine content than most "fire cartel ice", easier to procure, people think it's shitty or a trash cheap drug which some equate to "weak" so they go hard in the paint or do bigger shots. The only thing I'll say is, some bags of meth taste like shit, like smoking the plastic lining of a trash can, or simply don't smoke clean. But they still work sniffed or IV. They work smoked for that matter but the shitty taste is terrible. It's there from the beginning of each bowl not toward the end it shouldn't be if a wash was performed.

The Mexicans have perfected making a crystal that looks like the bombest shit ever, Vapes clean, lasts in the pipe but it can be so cut down it doesn't even get you high. Maybe it actually is the bombest ever and I would get so smoked out on it that I wouldn't be able to tell if it was good or mediocre the next bag (probably the case) but I do know my dealer had two types of dope, "house dope" and country. The house dope was typical mexishards and because you could smoke it around the house and kinda chill. It'd still get you geeeked though but not manic or acting too hyped. The country stuff, forget about it. Doing a half g would result in 3 day cardiovascular crisises where there was more euphoria initially but it ended up lingering way too long. Maybe my brain is just fried and they werent that different but yeah. I'm pretty sure they were both meth one was just alot stronger. and I fail to see the reason why just because impurities from synthesis aren't psychoactive, it doesn't mean they can't stress you out physiologically. Then again enough mexi shards would do the same thing but it would be considered an overdose, while with the country dope its just how it is

All roas can and despite amazing oral care, it can still cause problems. Especially periodontal problems. Meth restricts blood flow since it's and vasoconstricter also it depletes the body of nutrients. Anyway, this leads to decreased butrients and such getting transported to your teeth and decreased blood flow to your gums which is problematic and can result in gum loss over time and that combined with dry mouth and any other negative factor can result in gum recession and periodontal disease. Doesn't matter how much care you put into your mouth. I had thin gums from the get go and braces so I made sure to take extra good care of my mouth and teeth. And, even with the braces off and me continuing to take great care of my mouth, I still suffer from gum recession especially where I have a permanent retainer. Just be careful and make sure to not neglect your gum care. Eat foods and take vitamins that are associated with good gum health, don't scrub your gums too hard, floss!, etc.

I think it depends on the person. I have been a meth user on and off for three years (any hot tips to let it go im all ears!)
So yeah mine are healthy white no ca35vities i suppose my mate is a dentist and he just said brush with (colgate enamel in that it supports and helps you retain the enamel and build it up or to make it stronger.

I was doing I/V until I was about to die and required open heart surgery because an infection had eaten the entire valve i was only 35 and no previous health conditions other than my heart was throwing out blood clots ( i had an arterial thrombosis) then i was paralysed (yet again my heart throwing out bacteria) and then finally i had all the stuff you only ever see in textbooks (janeway lesions and oslers nodes. I was quite popular at the hospital with all the students.

So then being (a dumbarse) but also an addict i started smoking a little because I cant function now off it, im so fatigued i cant move i vomit and get nausea has anyone got good advice to detox (when you have a job and family>)

Also sorry went a little off topic I mean to add that since smoking I have no had any issues with cleaning my teeth but its super important after my surgery as the bacteria could have travelled from the teeth via the blood