• Batman & Robin -1997

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Batman Begins -2005

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • The Dark Knight -2008

Votes: 15 53.6%

• Total voters
Dark motherfucking Knight

Saw it for the first time yesterday (HD/surround sound). Damn near shit my pants when I saw how amazing it was.

Who's the silly bastard that picked the 1966 version? I'll bet it was Impacto Profundo. Batman Begins, indeed. We know about you and your love for all things Adam West.

i don't deny, i do own that one.

shark repellant spray FTW!

I like the one with the Penguin guy. I believe that would be Batman Returns. Although I like Dark Knight as well.

I like the one with the Penguin guy. I believe that would be Batman Returns. Although I like Dark Knight as well.

Funny about that it was directed by Tim Burton which why it was creepy and super weird, but good still if that makes sense. Funny thing is i went to see it at the thatres when i was a young boy and my mom made us leave when it got 'VIOLENT' lol. I don't quite remember completely, but it was funny and one of my few remaining memories.

The last two were exceptional, beyond, but I still like the fist with Michael Keaton.

And the Oscar goes to.......

batman_vs_shark.gif

Batman Begins and Dark Knight are not even in the same league as every other Batman movie. They just pure own. Better special effects and tighter story telling.

i voted batman 1989. michael keaton did a great job
if i could vote for 2 though i would vote that one and the dark knight

Who's the silly bastard that picked the 1966 version?

Guilty. As. Charged.

My problem with the Batman movies is that they are sooooooo over-hyped. I mean outrageously so. "Come see Batman. It's going to be the BEST GODDAMN MOVIE EVER!!!!"

By the time they finally come out, I already have a huge bias against them. I can never watch them with an open mind. Growing up as a hardcore Marvel loyalist doesn't help either.

The hype campaign surrounding the release of the 1989 Batman movie was the biggest of any movie I can remember in my lifetime. The only two movies that come close were Terminator 2 and The Phantom Menace. There may be other movies that (on paper) had bigger budgets for promotion. But I can not remember being assaulted by a movie's publicity campaign quite like I was with Batman.
Between the Taco Bell sponsorship*, that fucking HORRIBLE Bat Dance song, movie trailers a year in advance, etc. Batman was fucking everywhere in 1989.
"Come see Batman. It's going to be the BEST GODDAMN MOVIE EVER!!!!"

And I was sooooooo disapointed with it. It was just crap. And got worse with each release. The Batman brand is so irretrievably tarnished with me. So I went with the original Adam West Batman. Because it's the only one I saw that wasn't a crushing disapointment.

* If I'm not mistaken, Taco Bell introduced cinamon twists as a promo tie-in with Batman.
A bit more fastfood/movie tie-in trivia... You can amaze your friends with trivia. I swear to God I've asked dozens of people this I think I'm the only fucker in the world that remembers this...

Chicken McNuggets were rolled out by McDonalds as a promotional tie-in with a movie. Can you guess which one? No you can't! You would never guess this in a million years!
Go ahead and cheat! Try look it up on wikipedia! I dare you! Go ahead. I'll wait.
Did you look? It's not even on the wikipedia! I know cause I just looked! You'll find a clue on there but not the answer.
Dude, you'll never guess.
OK, the movie was the Sean Penn and Madonna "comedy" Shanghai Surprise. Chicken McNuggets were originally called "Shanghai McNuggets". I don't remember if there was any in-store promo stuff but the comercial introducing them played a brief clip of the movie. I swear I am the only person who remembers this!
Now go and amaze your friends with this irrelevant and thread-derailing fact!

Nolan's Batman films are too dead-serious; there's no irony, no humor. If I want a crime drama, I'll watch Heat. I don't have any interest in seeing a "serious" movie about a guy in a rubber batsuit battling a green-haired clown.

batman begins

to me, the main flaw of the dark night is that christian bale is hidden behind a mask most of the time and that we can't really appreciate his acting skills, contrarily to batman begins