• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Which is more addictive, methylone or MDMA?

Dresden

Bluelighter
The title pretty much says it all. Does anyone know of a study that compares the two in terms of addiction potential? It would be great if there is one, but if not, feel free to use your experience or intuition to reply instead. I know that, according to science, MDMA is not supposed to be addictive at all, but my experience as well as the experiences of many other people I've noticed, indicate that MDMA can be very psychologically addictive.

To be honest, though, I think methylone is more addictive than MDMA. The reasons being that it is more speedy (more adrenergic), shorter lasting (1 hour high versus 4 to 6 hour high for MDMA), and less empathic, loved up, or relaxing (less serotonergic). I once went through 5 grams of methylone by myself, and that is not something I've ever felt the need to do with MDMA. When I took all that methylone, I became very sped up and jittery.

I've thereby come to the conclusion that, while MDMA is much superior to methylone in nearly every way, producing a longer lasting, more satisfying high, methylone would probably be self administered by primates more than MDMA would. Do you agree or disagree?

Neither are very addictive in the traditional sense of addiction. Very few people will end up psychologically dependent upon MDMA or methylone.

with my experience with both i would say methylone is more addictive because its like a tease version of mdma which causes fiending for more and more chasing a high that cant be achieved with out real mdma. for me when i have real mdma i dont crave as bad because the experience is rewarding enough to where i dont have to keep on doin more and more trying to please myself. also because methylone is shorter lasting it makes a person want more because the fun is ending too soon. anybody that says methylone and mdma arent addicting are fools. these drugs may not cause a physical dependence addiction but they can sometimes cause a mental addiction. mdma methylone and other rolling type drugs are the only drugs that i have ever been addicted too. i had a hardcore addiction to mdma and still have trouble with self control but i try my best. oxycodones are highly addictive to some people. i did oxycodone maybe 6 or 7 times even at high doses sometimes and i never found it one bit addicting for myself. everybody is different plain and simple. abusing mdma is more harmful than abusing methylone in my opinion though. i have abused both.

everything can be addictive for someone. you may have poor self control concerning mdma, but that doesn't mean that mdma should in general be considered addictive.
out of the circle of friends (which of course changed over the years) we had when we went partying (and tried out all the common substances), 2 eventually became addicted to opiates, one to ketamine, one to speed and one is severely addicted to mushrooms. no one was ever addicted to mdma despite everyone having experience with it. of course my personal account (which would rate mushrooms more addictive than mdma) isn't representative of the larger population, but neither is yours.

by and large mdma is among the lesser addictive substances you can put in your body. more addictive than psychedelics, but certainly less than other stimulants, alcohol or opiates.

I agree with black. i was just giving my personal experience. black you couldnt have said it better.

I never went on the kind of benders with MDMA that I did with methylone but I also never got an addiction to either of them other than the psychological which was minimal really.

Maybe using the word 'addictive' was wrong of me. I was somewhat obsessed with MDMA before ever even trying it. The book that piqued my interest was 'From Chocolate to Morphine' by Andrew Weil. But, while MDMA may have a low abuse potential, I have seen many people use it compulsively until their tolerance made such a pursuit futile. I would say that, among research chemicals, MDPV and mephedrone have the highest abuse potential, then methylone, and finally MDMA, which has the lowest abuse potential but also gives the greatest satisfaction. People can get addicted to almost anything; I once knew a guy who was psychologically addicted to LSD, which for me wouldn't happen.

Methylone is acutely addictive for sure with a high reinforcement and short duration. MDMA isn't really addictive in any sense. Unless you count wanting to feel good all the time as addiction, but i think that goes for everyone all the time.