• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which drugs cannot be combined with antidepressants?

Thrax

Bluelighter
The doctor prescribed an antidepressant, paroxetine, to be taken for several months.

I saw that it should never be combined with stimulants such as mdma and methamphetamine due to its action on serotonin.

But what about other substances?

SSRIs can also dull classic serotonergic psychedelics, shrooms and other typtamines, LSD and lysergamides, etc, but the combination isn't necessarily dangerous

if you are a chronic drinker, alcohol can mess with SSRIs and vice versa

you'd also do yourself a favor looking up the symptoms of serotonin syndrome just to be safe

SSRIs can also dull classic serotonergic psychedelics, shrooms and other typtamines, LSD and lysergamides, etc, but the combination isn't necessarily dangerous

if you are a chronic drinker, alcohol can mess with SSRIs and vice versa

you'd also do yourself a favor looking up the symptoms of serotonin syndrome just to be safe

Does the effetc of SSRIS can permanent affect the effects of drugs even if we stop the treatment ?

I hate the doctor who first put me on antidepressants. I was a teenager and naive, and of course very depressed.

Maybe the Paroxenine is destroying my brain, I don't know but I'm out of solutions to make me feel better.

Psychedelics won't work, amphetamines, phenydates, cathinones, some opioids mainly tramadol can result in seizures and serotonine syndrome when combined with SSRI. Paroxetine blocks more than 80%of serotonine reuptake, meth and tramadol 50-75%, but both are also serotonine releasing agents (meth strong , tramadol milder)

Wich antidepressants the doctor put to you ?
My first was Tofranil. Then Amiptrypline. Then Prozac. Then Paxil. Then Effexor. Then Zoloft. Then a combination of Lexapro and Wellbutrin, which I'm currently on.

Last edited:
Psychedelics won't work, amphetamines, phenydates, cathinones, some opioids mainly tramadol can result in seizures and serotonine syndrome when combined with SSRI. Paroxetine blocks more than 80%of serotonine reuptake, meth and tramadol 50-75%, but both are also serotonine releasing agents (meth strong , tramadol milder)
Amphetamines have always worked for me though while on SSRIs, so did most opioids. It's the MDMA I'm worried about.

My first was Amiptrypline. Then Prozac. Then Paxil. Then Effexor. Then Zoloft. Then a combination of Lexapro and Wellbutrin, which I'm currently on.

The doctor wanted to start with soft molecule, I have to see him again within a month, if didn’t work he said he will give more stronger antideppressants.

I’m depressed since childhood but I started SSRis only weeks ago.

I don't feel any better at the moment.

Last edited:
The doctor wanted to start with soft molecule, I have to see him again within a month, if didn’t work he said he will give more stronger antideppressants.
Honestly, Wellbutrin is amazing, energy wise. Doesn't work for everyone though.

I’m depressed since childhood but I started SSRis only weeks ago.

Didn’t feel more happy actually.
Are you saying that you're now happy on your SSRI? I am hapyy for you because people rarely like their SSRIs, and buy people I mean me.

You said you took paroxetine, it did helped you ?
Depression wise, it did. Anxiety wise, it didn't.

Oh and it gave me ED, that's why I asked the doctor to switch to another antidepressant.