• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Which drug gives one the highest tolerance - Buprenorphine or Methadone?

Båtmannen

Bluelighter
I'm just wondering (no, I'm not, but I need a non-biased, detached and objective answer).

The highest tolerance as in "Will the guy on bupe or the guy on metadone die first, if they recieve a constant stream of morphine IV, slowly?"

best regards

Methadone definitely leads to a higher tolerance, it is a full agonist, and it does not have a ceiling effect. Bupe has a ceiling effect, and is a partial agonist. So obviously dose plays a part, but as a general rule, I'd say methadone.

Also, methadone withdrawal is known for being the worst of any opioid.

It is tough to say. I have been on both and tried to get high on both of them. Many years ago when I was on methadone, I tried doing a single shot of 320mg of oxy (2x 160mg pills). Nothing. A while later, on Suboxone, I tried doing a 200mg morphine capsule. Nothing.

Now in the scenario of just putting myself on a drip until I die, I imagine even if there was a total and utter block, eventually some sort of other toxicity from having so much of the drug in your blood stream would eventually put you down. Of course, we can't really try that in real life so there is no way to know for sure.

I can dedicate my life to studying premature ejaculation in Hamsters. That still doesn't make it a very worthwhile endeavor. If it's just a matter of personal curiosity, than I would definitely encourage you to pursue that and do it well. I'm not patronizing you at all. It's just that this definitely falls under the category of "hypothetical", because outside of the climax of a James Bond film, in which the SPECTRE is testing our metal and knack for statistics by asking us to determine who to save first, the Go-Go Dancer from the club scene earlier, dependent upon Methadone and Moneypenny, who is dependent upon Buprenorphine.

Why does said villain require such elaborate scenarios in which to conduct evil? Much like a gambling addict requires increasingly more extreme bets as their addiction progresses, simply hitting a pedestrian with your car and driving on or drowning a bag of kittens just doesn't cut it anymore.

I can dedicate my life to studying premature ejaculation in Hamsters. That still doesn't make it a very worthwhile endeavor. If it's just a matter of personal curiosity, than I would definitely encourage you to pursue that and do it well. I'm not patronizing you at all. It's just that this definitely falls under the category of "hypothetical", because outside of the climax of a James Bond film, in which the SPECTRE is testing our metal and knack for statistics by asking us to determine who to save first, the Go-Go Dancer from the club scene earlier, dependent upon Methadone and Moneypenny, who is dependent upon Buprenorphine.

Why does said villain require such elaborate scenarios in which to conduct evil? Much like a gambling addict requires increasingly more extreme bets as their addiction progresses, simply hitting a pedestrian with your car and driving on or drowning a bag of kittens just doesn't cut it anymore.

*mettle

Testing our mettle :)

Sorry, couldn't help myself.