• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Which do you prefer: Klonopin or Xanax?

ivorymoon

Bluelighter
I used to be prescribed Xanax several years ago but now that I go to a MAAT clinic (I'm on Suboxone), I was taken off of it and switched to a low dose of Klonopin (1mg/day). My doc's not willing to raise my dose.

Although it's better than nothing and I'm super grateful to have anything at all, it just doesn't ease my anxiety much at all. I've even taken 3mg at once and I still felt lingering and bothersome anxiety.

It's nice that Klonopin has a longer half life than Xanax but what's the point of a long half life if it doesn't do much of anything to ease my anxiety in the first place, you know?

I'm definitely going to talk to my doctor about switching to Xanax 1mg/day but out of curiousity, which benzo works the best for your anxiety? I'm wondering what people prefer out of all existing benzos (or other anxiolytics if applicable) AND what people prefer strictly between Klonopin and Xanax.

Thank you so much! 💜

EDIT: I just want to make clear that I'm asking about what others prefer in terms of anxiety relief, not in terms of which one works better to get you high.
I'm solely looking for anxiety relief.
💜

Last edited:
I prefer clonazepam but I get bromazepam scripted because I believe it is cheaper and I find the results between these three diminishable in effects.

Clonazepam by a country mile. It lasts longer, its just as potent, and its somewhat less addictive which in turn makes it a bit easier to come off of.

I think xanax really calms my panic attacks, but in general I feel both similar, I am in xanax about 3 years ago and I was in many benzos, I can say that now I prefer clonazepam because I only take 0.25mg at around 6pm and I am still calm, which would not happen with xanax, I think that for my withdrawal I will only use clonazepam for the duration of the effect, it seems more comfortable

Alprazolam....once you have woken up you feel so fucking fresh that NONE of these medications compare

XANAX for sure - my favourite one. Klonopins are not the right choice for me, I don't like anticonvulsic benzos a lot.

but hmmmm... when I think of my Clonazolam- and Flubromazolam-consume everyday.... Also tried Flualprazolam - wasted money - never again.

Xanax are felony sticks Blackout city. Plus super short half life. Ive taken them before at 6mg <Yawn>. I prefer Klonipin's cause Im not trying to get high with it. If anything I use it as a catalyst. 6mg per day I'm prescribed among other goodies. No idea at all with Specified's answer cause in my experience that's never happened. I wake up foggy and Tired and worried of what I did last night. If your a junkie with benzos its stupidest thing I've ever heard with knowledge and Exp. Everyone that's is Benzo nieve maybe for 2 days. The zombie effects wear off. So Klonipin cause its HL is 40-50 hours and Klonipin is POUND for pound as strong as Xanax. But Klonipin last so much longer. Xanax leaves you broke and tweaking for more and with a habit for nothing. I don't know why its even around anymore. Ativan or Lorazepam is x5 better. Valium and Restoril The sleep benzo is the best for a good slight buzz. Living a normal life with Klonipin w/o anxiety ill take any day. Benzo highs virtually disappear after a few doses. don't last long as far as time goes by until you just feel nothing except what you "Supposed" to feel. Little to no anxiety. don't abuse any benzo unless your prescribed it, there are far better things to abuse if you want to walk that thin line. Goes for all. Take to much sleepy blackout time. Use as a potentiator is a different story.

Last edited:
Klonopin all the way. Xanax is amnesic overkill for me but could prove useful for stopping a panic attack. Thankfully I don't get those.