View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Which day to drop acid?

boavida

Greenlighter
It's currently the middle of exams season, last exam is next Thursday and finishes around 4pmish.

I will be dropping with one other friend; we are all going out on Friday night to a club and I plan on getting drunk, and I have some coke which I may or may not use depending on which day I drop the acid, which is where I need advice.

I'm split between dropping on the Thursday evening around 5/6ish or on the Sunday morning/early afternoon. My concern with dropping on Thursday evening is that last time I took acid (almost two years ago), we dropped at around 7:30pm but couldn't get to sleep until the afternoon next day (that was my first ever time, and I think the tabs were 350ug, the ones I have now I'm not sure how much is on them but I believe it is not as much), so I fear that I may be too tired to go out Friday night.

My concern with dropping on Sunday morning/late afternoon is that I have a lecture the next day at 12pm and I don't know if it will be alright going in for that if I would be doing acid the day before.

Can someone please give some advice to help me?

Fryday is the best day to drop acid

alt answer... Every day!

Seriously though? Give yourself a full 24 hour window to recover before you are required to do anything like work, school, etc. 12 hours is enough to feel human again, but you won't be 100% until 24-36 hours depending on when you fall asleep and how hard you rage while you're tripping. I've found it's better to give myself a full 48 hours without any impending responsibility, but 12 hours can be enough if your a seasoned pro. I used to dose at school and wear sunglasses, but I was in full on warrior mode back then. Now I'd make sure I had a full 48 hours to chill before facing the real world...

If I were in your place, I'd wait until Sunday.

Any LSD trip will have a long duration. If you dose at 5 PM, you will most likely be unable to sleep until the following morning. If you want to avoid that, you're better off choosing a time when you can dose earlier in the day.

If all you have to do on Monday is sit and listen to an afternoon lecture, I think that should be perfectly doable following a LSD trip on Sunday.

HOWEVER, If you do this you should make sure you don't go overboard with the alcohol and cocaine on the weekend. This is good advice any time really, but especially in this case since your Sunday and Monday will be much better if you're conservative during the weekend.

By tripping during finals do you mean you did it in the middle when you still had exams left? Because I'm talking about doing it on the day of my last exam (Thursday) or the Sunday that week.

Thanks, If I do it on the Sunday I definitely wouldn't be doing any coke on the Friday.

I feel like the odd man out as I barely partied during exam time. I was an alcoholic so I did drink every night during exams especially because I was taking adderall to help study but I didnt go to the bar or trip or do anything I would consider "fun"

My suggestion to you is because you really only get one shot to take the exam and not waste the education and considering that education costs way more then the tabs you would be ingesting I would reevaluate your priorities. Plus, again maybe this was just me, but i was always worried and fully thought i was destined to fail each exam i took. I would still get C-A depending on the exam but in my mind i was failing out of every class and failing at every exam so I was very neurotic and anxious and wouldnt be able to sleep let alone trip.

If you were to take it really early in the morning, at like 8am, you should be able to sleep reasonably well and as long as that is all you need to pass the exam it may work out for you. If you dose after 12pm you may have a hard time sleeping. I find i need at least 12 hours to sleep sometimes closer to 16 so you need to plan accordingly.

When you graduated, what was you degree in?

I was actually referring to high school, where I graduated with a sold D- average. But I actually used tons of drugs in college too, and still managed to graduate with high grades from one of the most competitive programs at very prestigious university. I think doing so much acid as a teenager actually expanded my creativity and made me more mentally resilient. In college, when everyone else was buckling under the pressure, I seemed to thrive. I would just smoke a doobie and throw myself into whatever project I was working on. After years of playing cat and mouse with the cops and taking heroic doses of LSD, everything else in life gets the volume turned down. When you spend your childhood drunk and high on acid, climbing around the rooftops with a backpack full of spray paint and a shoe full of blotter paper, sitting in warm library all night with a couple spliffs and a pint of whiskey, surrounded by cute college girls and rich poofs, seems like a pretty mellow way to spend your nights. Of course calculus and physics are a bit of a challenge when you're only firing on 2 brain cells, but you'd be surprised what you can do when you set your mind to it.

I would just smoke a doobie and throw myself into whatever project I was working on.

If you were doing your course work while being stoned I seriously doubt you graduated college. Also you didn't answer my original question. This is getting far off topic, lets stop this and focus on the topic of the thread.

Last edited:
I think you misread, I don't plan on doing it before any exams. It is currently exam period and there are no lectures, only exams, my last one will be on thursday. On the following monday lectures (lessons) start again.

I was trying not to reveal too much about myself, but I guess it doesn't matter. I graduated with a degree in architecture from berkeley.

So I'm deciding to do it on the Sunday; I believe my exams went well and I'm looking forward to the trip.

What time should I aim to start on Sunday? would it be better to drop around morning/early afternoon? any specific time recommendations and things to do beforehand?

Congrats on finishing your exams!

I suggest giving yourself 12 hours for the trip. I would try to start before noon, so you can ensure you'll be able to sleep before midnight. 10:00 AM, (or just 10:00 if you're on 24 hours) is a good time to start, in my experience.