• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Which cannabis strain causes the least amount of paranoia in your experience?

dont u just hate smoking then spending the whole time scared thinking to much negative shit? me too. try to look for any solid indica strains but IME i think trainwreck, girl scout cookies or n.yc.d works really really well for paranoia. but goodluck finding any of those strains unless u got a medical card i been lookin for some G.S.C for a couple months now.

Do you want to smoke an indica or a sativa? Indicas generally tend to cause less anxiety but sativas can have their own benefits and indicas some downsides and this needs to be taken into consideration when you decide. Some indica strains can cause 'couchlock', clouded thinking and lethargy and of course other indica strains can cause the complete opposite. Sativas have a tendency to give a clear thinking high and with lots of energy, motivation and they are well known to boost your creativity but again it often comes down to the individual strain and how it affects you.

So, say you are set on trying a mostly pure sativa, maybe with a touch of indica in it to keep height down, reduce flowering time and to have denser buds etc. Something like Tikal from Ace Seeds (75% sativa, 25% indica) would be great since compared with the other sativas in their catalog it's much less prone to causing anxiety and paranoia and it really is much easier to grow indoors compared to lots of pure sats.

If you want a safer bet and wish to stick with the indica species I would recommend trying something to doesn't mong you out and is clear headed but doesn't make you anxious or paranoid like Paradise Wappa which is 100% indica. This strain has a huge yield, short stature and great taste, getting great reviews. I've grown it and absolutely loved it.

Really though you need to just try through trial and error because different strains affect people differently.

I would say on an unrelated note that the indica, sativa ruderalis taxonomy is obsolete. The leading scientists now use terms like narrow leaf drug (NLD) cultivar and broad leaf drug (BLD) cultivars. If you want to read more about cannabis taxonomy I would recommend buying the 2013 'Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany' hardback book by Robert C. Clarke and Mark D. Merlin since it's literally the most comprehensive book on the subject in existence. I managed to get a copy quite cheaply on the most well known online book store recently and my god, it is amazing!! I also have Robert Connell Clarke's Hashish! book and his old Marijuana Botany and they are brilliant books.

Last edited:
for me indicas give me anxiety because it feels like my mind is trapped in my body. but sativas give me a giddy happy energy.

The most important thing to do is test the strain blind. I personally don't believe there is a strain that causes paranoia or one that causes no paranoia. It's not like indica has some chemical sativa doesn't that you could blame. Show me science that says differing levels of cannabinoids (sp) will have these kinds of different effects. I say this because I don't believe there is type of weed that will consistently cause or not cause paranoia and I very much doubt anyone could pick out the paranoia strain in a blind taste test (s) with consistency. It's all in your head. The med pot community has taken advantage of a lack of studies to spread poor information, indica and sativa are only different in plant appearance, the effects are the same. Don't take my word for it. If you find a strain the helps an ailment you have do the blind test so you know you aren't just fooling yourself.

^ you really are very ignorant, I suggest you do some reading because there's plenty of science that's piss easy to find.

^ you really are very ignorant, I suggest you do some reading because there's plenty of science that's piss easy to find.

It'd probably be better for you to share some of said info rather than simply belittling people :\

By all means, belittle if you must but have something to back it up with first.

Paranoia and anxiety wise Cannabis Indica is a much more forgiving plant. With tolerance and practice, though, sativas can be enjoyed too if one is lucky enough to be in good set and setting and consume slowly but gradually.

It'd probably be better for you to share some of said info rather than simply belittling people :\

By all means, belittle if you must but have something to back it up with first.

Yeah I actually agree with you, ironically I was getting to that but said info is in printed form so it's not a case of being able to copy and paste which I was going to edit into the post this morning but ended up leaving it. I was actually thinking of scanning instead. Sounds like a cop out but I have nerve problems and find it hard to type lol. It just seems like so much effort typing out reams and reams of text for nothing. It's more laziness than anything though.

But yeah, the point still stands, fuck he is ignorant!! That said, scan is coming!!

Edit:

Small (1978 ) divides cannabinoid phenotypes (chemotypes) into the following four categories:

Phenotype I - resin composed mostly of THC - ' drug' type, with THC>0.13%; CBD<0.5%
Phenotype II - resin composed of intermediate amounts of THC and CBD - potentially ' drug' type, however, most individuals are low THC 'fiber' type, with 1.3% >THC>0.3%; CBD>0.5%
Phenotype III - resin composed mostly of CBD- 'fiber' type with THC <0.3%; CBD>0.3%
Phenotype IV - resin also contains CBGM , approx. 0.05%

Obviously the more NLD varieties are closer to phenotype I and the BLD are closer to phenotype II. Of course we've bred out the CBD allele in most indicas but the graph shows the variation in chemotype according to geographical origin.

Not just that but again, the indica sativa classification is obsolete!!!

THC_CBDclark.gif

There's shitload of info in Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany and obviously it's more up to date since the book was published in 2013 but I am not so comfortable scanning in multiple pages for copyright reasons. Also that will do for now since it quite clearly demonstrates my point.

As for how different levels of cannabinoids can cause paranoia and anxiety I can post info on how different levels of cannabinoids such THCV cause some very interesting effects. THCV for example is very common in malawi strains and is known to be psychedelic and perhaps cause anxiety. CBN is higher in some strains and is calming, as can CBD be. So obviously if one strains is higher in CBN and CBD relative to THC, it is much less likely to cause anxiety and paranoia.

Last edited: