• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Which Benzo should I choose as muscle relaxant??

mellin81

Greenlighter
Hi there

Which one of these Benzo's is best for muscle relaxation and 'seizures' (a feeling of ants crawling inside your veins :unsure:)? I used to take Oxazepam, which was perfect and a very good muscle relaxant. So it would be nice if another benzo has the same effect.

I have tried Diazepam and Flubrotizolam (fanax) also 2 mg gidazepam - none of them has the same effect as a small dose of oxazepam

Which one is most similar to Oxazepam and as described above - I can choose between :
* Bromazolam
* Gidazepam
* Norfluazepam

I would probably go with bromazolam. It is non selective in it's binding profile so it should be fairly myorelaxant. Also it's very similar to alprazolam which has a fairly strong muscle relaxation to it.

Norflurazepam is also non selective but I think less potent since it's not a triazalobenzodiazepine like bromazolam.

I definitely wouldn't get the gidazepam because it's too selective of a ligand at the BZD binding site. In other words it's supposed to be more anxiolytic, less drowsiness inducing, and less myorelaxant.

I would probably go with bromazolam. It is non selective in it's binding profile so it should be fairly myorelaxant. Also it's very similar to alprazolam which has a fairly strong muscle relaxation to it.

Norflurazepam is also non selective but I think less potent since it's not a triazalobenzodiazepine like bromazolam.

I definitely wouldn't get the gidazepam because it's too selective of a ligand at the BZD binding site. In other words it's supposed to be more anxiolytic, less drowsiness inducing, and less myorelaxant.
Thank you so much - that makes sense to me. I will try bromazolam out...

You seem very enlightened on this matter....
Isn't it weird that diazepam, which i guess is also anxiolytic and a myorelaxant, does not have the same effect on me as oxazepam - quiet the opposite in fact (When it comes the the nerve issue with ants crawling, and getting dizzy) ? do you know why?

And isn't Flubrotizolam in the same category as alprazolam? cause Flubrotizolam (fanax) also have no effect on me, when it comes to the criteria mentioned.

What is it about oxazapam that is so effective? In general, what should I look for?
I just ask, I don't expect to know al that :) I am just very curious - I don't understand all the chemistry that goes into it, but i'd like to know the basis

Last edited:
Thank you so much - that makes sense to me.

You seem very enlightened on this matter....
Isn't it weird that diazepam, which i guess is also anxiolytic and a myorelaxant, does not have the same effect on me as oxazepam - quiet the opposite in fact ? do you know why?

And isn't Flubrotizolam in the same category as alprazolam? cause Flubrotizolam also have no effect on me, when it comes to the criteria mentioned.

What is it about oxazapam that is so effective?
I just ask, I don't expect to know al that :) I am just very curious - I don't understand all the chemistry that goes into it, but i'd like to know the basis
Well perhaps trying norflurazepam isn't such a bad choice if you liked oxazepam. Structurally norflurazepam is much closer to oxazepam than any of the other benzos you've mentioned.