• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Where to start with chem/pharma?

MoreFeens4Morphine

Bluelighter
Ok, so for awhile now I have grown an affinity to RC's specifically. I prefer them to street drugs and even some other pharmaceuticals. I read some very complicated threads and I know there are some very educated people on this very website who know a lot about how these drugs work, act and the terminology to how they are designed and synthesized. disclaimer i am not asking how to synthesize drugs.

My only question is where do I start to learn about this material? For example, I see someone post "they added a benzyl ring..." and I can go google it sure. The sources on google only lead to more googling and the cycle continues. What are some good resources you folks can recommend to learn about chemistry and pharmacology, especially in regards to the world of "Legal Highs" so the terminology doesn't sound so foreign to me? I'm not cheap, I'm willing to go out and buy a fucking book if that's what you recommend. In honesty, I'm not even against enrolling in some classes at my local community college to start - I get financial aid :)

Thanks folks,
-MF4M

I cant help but mf4m making me still think of craiglist threesums no matter how many posts i read haha

Anything my main are

Scholar.google.com
Erowid
Google search "-.com" at the end cutts out most of the nn .edu.org patients ect
Pubmed

Well I've had no luck advertising on craigslist, I figured I'd try it on BL and see if I can get lucky :D

Anyway, thanks for the info! I will certainly start looking. Do you think a "chem 101" kinda class at my local community college would be of any benefit? I would think that at least would give me some familiarity with terminology and certainly fundamentals so I know what more advanced topics to research for myself.

And no matter how many times you read it and mention it I will keep ending my posts the same way as I am a creature of habit.

Threesomes welcome,
-MF4M

Honest I think your best bet type a receptor on wiki and just click away once ur well read there then you can use Google scholar for more detail and accuracy because you prob won't be able to read the most tech paper before wiki I'd highlight terms u don't know in papers make a list wiki em

classes would be a waste of time just to try and learn about drugs. years of classes, its too much work and money.

learn some basic organic chemistry and how to interpret the stick figures and you will understand what people are talking about when they talk about "groups" on a molecule

Ok, thanks for all the info fellas!

I would like to start by researching novel benzos (diclaz, etiz, etc.) I think it's interesting people on this site can tell how good their "legs" would be just by looking at the molecular structure or what to me just looks like a spider web lol.

I'll get started on that today, something to do while I'm sober :(

Take care!
-MF4M