• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Where do you guys stand in terms of your partner going on vacation alone/with friends

ZayKayWill

Bluelighter
So what I'm getting at is...

Imagine you and your SO wanted to go on vacation, but for some reason you weren't able to go (financial reasons, gotta work etc), but your SO was still able to go. Would you still let them go or would you ask them not to? If you weren't to go either they would be going alone or they would be going with their friend(s).

Not sure if you guys have heard of Quora but there was a guy who had a girlfriend that was gonna go on a 2 day vacation with another guy friend. The boyfriend asked the Quora users if he should be worried. The majority of them said yes he should be worried. In his specific situation I can understand why people took his side. It would seem kinda shady that the girl would intentionally try to go without him. I'm talking about a different situation though.

Say you and your SO had planned a trip together with other friends as well. If you couldn't go would you be uncomfortable with your SO still going without you? Would you let them go if they were alone? With friends of the same sex?

This is just me, but I think I would let my girlfriend go. I'm gonna be honest I posted this same question in another forum and most people said they wouldn't be okay with their partner going with a friend of the opposite sex, but if it was them alone or with someone of the same sex they would be okay with it. Which I honestly find weird. Don't you think if they wanted to they could still find another person of the opposite sex to cheat on them with? Don't get me wrong I can understand people getting uncomfortable about that kind of situation, especially since its a vacation setting and there would be alcohol involved. Even the most trustworthy of people get tempted to do stuff that they swear on their lives they wouldn't do. I've done this kind of thing before, though. A couple of times actually. Once was a concert in California with a 'girl' friend of mine. Her bf didn't care and nothing happened. I think we even shared a bed together (no other place to sleep). Still nothing happened. Also have another friend who I've vacationed with a number of times with drinking involved and we still didn't do anything crazy. Both are very attractive women too.

If my girlfriend wasn't comfortable with me doing that to her I wouldn't do it because like I said it's normal to get uncomfortable about these things (especially when its a girl since most guys wouldn't turn down an opportunity for sex if a girl were to come on to them). I would let her go, though. The temptation could and probably would be there, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they'll let those temptations control them. Idk call me naive but I feel if you truly respect your partner you wouldn't let your temptations drive you. And again I'm not saying they INTENTIONALLY wanna go without you. Just what would you tell them if they asked you how you felt about them still wanting to go?

Last edited:
If she only wants to go with one friend and it's a guy, absolutely not. Same goes for on her own. This is how "I made a mistake honey" happens. I let my ex go on her own and she came back pregnant.
If it's a group of friends, depends how well you know them, but still shady.

My wife has had several opportunities to go on vacation without me and has declined on her own without my input each time. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it but I feel the same as she does. If she can't go I can't go.

Mate, trust in a relationship is absolutely imperative. At the end of the day, if she is going to the wrong thing, it doesn't matter if she is on vacation or at work, or at the pub. You get my point. If you trust her, then it shouldn't be an issue. If you don't, then maybe think about why?

At the end of the day, if she is going to the wrong thing, it doesn't matter if she is on vacation or at work, or at the pub.
Actually it does, being thousand miles away makes it easier to hide it, and it's not like people aren't known for letting loose on holiday.

Absolutely fair point, I am guilty of normalising the situation. Set and setting make a difference, I guess my point is if you don't trust your partner - what are you doing?

No problem at all - we have often traveled without each other. My partner is travelling next month, probably meeting up with people. I have traveled without him several times, not an issue. We have spent months apart when travelling and again it has never been a problem.

If he wanted to travel and meet one friend and then they travel together, again not an issue.

We don't like to travel apart but it happens from time to time.

Imagine you and your SO wanted to go on vacation, but for some reason you weren't able to go (financial reasons, gotta work etc), but your SO was still able to go. Would you still let them go...
let them go? you mean unlock their manacles so they can get out of the house?

if i couldn't go on a trip but my partner could and wanted to, why wouldn't i encourage them to go?

I guess my point is if you don't trust your partner - what are you doing?

yep.

alasdair

Yes I would, and she has. No problem. You need to sort out your insecurity issues my friend...

Well there are cases where the trust is misplaced. But yea let's call it insecurity every time someone breaches the subject of SO cheating. Because the website advertising itself with "Life is short. Have an affair." has 46 million members because everyone is faithful.

Well there are cases where the trust is misplaced. But yea let's call it insecurity every time someone breaches the subject of SO cheating. Because the website advertising itself with "Life is short. Have an affair." has 46 million members because everyone is faithful.

Yes there are. But the OP makes no mention of his gf ever having cheated, he just thinks she might do so, given the chance. Therefore, unless he has significant evidence to support that suspicion, he is the one with the problem. Much like yourself by the sounds of it... ;)

Not gonna lie I am super delighted at the responses here most other people were like, "Hell no if they do that Im breaking up with them."

Im like really??????

Yes there are. But the OP makes no mention of his gf ever having cheated, he just thinks she might do so, given the chance. Therefore, unless he has significant evidence to support that suspicion, he is the one with the problem. Much like yourself by the sounds of it... ;)
If she ever cheated she probably wouldn't be his gf. Unless of course he would forgive her and than let her go for holidays on her own. But that would be naive, to put it lightly.

It would very much depend on the situation.
I personally would probably not go on vacation without my partner as I'm not interested in that. I want to do certain things and honestly there is too much weirdness about me that would come out if someone spent that much time with me lol I would avoid that. My partner is the only one who knows me that well and would prefer to keep it like that.
That being said, as for him, it would really depend on the situation including where they were going, how long it was, who he was going with, etc. If it was a week long to a resort with one girl... no. If it is a weekend in a province over for a few days with multiple people... yeah of course.
He can make his own decisions but if he's going away for a week with a girl to a resort then I'd probably walk away :p

Well according to this thread you need to work on your insecurities.

With all due respect, though, how is it not insecurity? Not to say that you're wrong for having those feelings its common for people to get like that but it still is an insecurity thing because essentially you're thinking that if this happens they inevitably will have sex. That isn't always the case. I can understand where you're coming from since your ex betrayed you but that's likely because she had some poor morals. You probably aren't capable of changing your mind on this retrospect (understandably so) since you have a different experience...but it's not fair to project that onto everyone and assume they're like your ex and will end up cheating.

I learned from that experience that you can't fully trust someone. Drugs and alcohol have made many reliable people "make a mistake". I wouldn't mind my woman going with a group of friends I know. I'd take that risk, but I'm not going to give my consent for her to go on her own or worse yet with a male "friend". You say it's unfair to assume they will end up cheating, maybe, but it's naive to assume that they 100% will not.