• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

where do you go to university/TAFE, and what do you do?

Open Uni - trying a few papers before enrolling at South Australia Uni fulltime. Doing General studies because I'm incredibly indecisive and figure this way I can choose a program to better suit my needs and interests.

I have finally quit and i feel so happy in my desision. Well, i'm deffering so just putting it on pause till i'm ready (if i will be) to go back..

With my traineeship i have to go to tafe and do a certificate 4 in retail though but thats fine and dandy with me cos tafe is a lot more relaxed and i'll be working anyway :)

doofqueen said:
I have finally quit and i feel so happy in my desision. Well, i'm deffering so just putting it on pause till i'm ready (if i will be) to go back..

With my traineeship i have to go to tafe and do a certificate 4 in retail though but thats fine and dandy with me cos tafe is a lot more relaxed and i'll be working anyway :)

What happend? thought you'd be finished your teaching degree by now...

She is going to go and ride the resources boom and revisit that later. Not a bad plan really.

I'm doing a Diploma In Business Marketing at night's at Bracken Ridge North Point TAFE... I also work full time doing marketing and sales. Can't wait to finish so I can have a break before I go to Uni. Anybody know of some good Universities to go to? I wish to do a double Master's Degree one in Marketing and the other in Management.

http://www.australian-universities.com/rankings/

I guess it depends on where you live or how your going to support yourself if you need to rent if you have to leave your area. Bare in mind Sydney is having a major rental crisis at the moment so unless you have accommodation somewhere like a relos or mates good luck as your probably better off looking interstate or maybe wollongong or newcastle unis which do have quite good degree programs.

sydkiwi said:
What happend? thought you'd be finished your teaching degree by now...

Fuck so did i mate but i keep starting with the best of intentions and then pulling out and wonderuing why i cant get motivated to do something i thought i always wanted to do. Conclusion - don't want to do it and i'm not happy. It simply comes down to that.

and i switched degrees and all.... just don't want to be there anymore. Took alot for me to give it in. It will always be there for me later if i change my mind though. Currently i am loving being employed and feeling valuable again :)

Ok fair enough :) thats why am enrolled on a general studies degree. pick a program that suits my needs and interests and get that all important piece of paper sooner or later

OK so I posted a while back now stating that I was at TAFE doing a diploma in Business Marketing and I have now completed that with all credits and distinctions, Yay for me!!!! lol.

Anyways now I am just starting at UNI attending Griffith University in Brisbane and am now doing a GBS Double Degree one in International Business and the other in plain Business majoring in Marketing and I think I'm probably going to do a minor in advertising as I am good at it.

Hopefully all this study stuff pays off one day in the future; I'm considering about going all the way and doing a PhD in Philosophy but it's going to take a lot of dedication and hard work/thinking lol.

Next year I'll be heading to university, so I've really got to think about what I want to do... But I can't make my mind up.

I'd be interested to know, what do you folks study? Where? Why? Is it what you expected? Do you just find it interesting, or are you doing it as part of your career path? Are you just in it for the money?

:)

Geeezz. This thread is so old. I still remember sitting with apollo in front of his computer while he made his avatar.

If anyone cares, he's now on his way to being a doctor. Guess Bluelight doesn't fuck up everything. ;)

edit: As a side note, it's kind of funny to see what I was studying five years ago considering Business, English, Philosophy and Ancient History have nothing to do with what I want to do right now. Ahhh the idealism of youth.

Last edited:
Geeezz. This thread is so old. I still remember sitting with apollo in front of his computer while he made his avatar.

If anyone cares, he's now on his way to being a doctor. Guess Bluelight doesn't fuck up everything. ;)

edit: As a side note, it's kind of funny to see what I was studying five years ago considering Business, English, Philosophy and Ancient History have nothing to do with what I want to do right now. Ahhh the idealism of youth.

haha totally... i graduated with a bachelor of arts in 2002, majoring in visual cultures and communications...wank wank...

Im seriously considering getting a second degree now for the sake of having a proper career. Thinking about nutrition!

Haha! I changed my major from Psychology to Arts History/ Visual Culture - im doing this by distance education part time. It means nothing cept Ill get my damn degree finally after starting it many years ago. I am also currently completing a cert 4 in Graphic Design to get a folio together for applying for Communication Design next year - BOOYA! Its very full on, like having a part time and full time job without getting the monies!

haha totally... i graduated with a bachelor of arts in 2002, majoring in visual cultures and communications...wank wank...

Im seriously considering getting a second degree now for the sake of having a proper career. Thinking about nutrition!

Ha that's weird Taliana, I finished my arts degree last year and was just thinking today I wouldn't mind going back and doing nutrition! I majored in geography/environmental studies so at least it's slightly relevant...I also really want to study neuroscience, but naturopathy and pharmacology also really interest me. I find science subjects hard work though.

Ha that's weird Taliana, I finished my arts degree last year and was just thinking today I wouldn't mind going back and doing nutrition! I majored in geography/environmental studies so at least it's slightly relevant...I also really want to study neuroscience, but naturopathy and pharmacology also really interest me. I find science subjects hard work though.

yeah i think ill have trouble with the science, considering i havent done science since year 9, which is probably 13 years or so ago now. :(

Its also scary to think i might be 30 when i finish the degree...

naturopathy sounds interesting too, i think being a dietitian is more where the moneys at though.

^ Have you researched the job ops? A friend of mine finished her Bachelor of Science (Nutrition) degree at Sydney Uni (about five years ago!!) and really struggled to find work. She ended up working in reception for a physiotherapist. She may have an awesome job now though, I lost contact with her a few years ago. Just wanted to make sure you'd checked out that side of things! xx

Yeah ive been doing a lot of research. Its almost concluding im possibly not taking that course.

Quater life crisis.

Soooooo BUMP. Im now currently at Queensland university of Technology studying Health Science Nutrition (part time) - I am hoping to be able to transfer into the Nutrition/Dietetics course. (More job ops and bigger $$!) :) I took the plunge and did it!!!