• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

where do you go to university/TAFE, and what do you do?

I study while I work. Work pays me $1,000 towards any study I want and will give me leave if I wish to take extra study. I work in IT. Work sends me on all those cool microsoft courses, I'll have my MSCE / MSCA soon, already have my MCP. (Which isnt really a great achievement, but hey.. ) oh and I have my A+ hardware/software certiificates.. (again, doesnt mean much) :)

hey morrison's lament i love your avatar - hypno toad, i love futurama.
Anyways well i have 9 more credit points to go i was going to try and do 5 subjects first semester but i have olympic trials in april for springboard diving so i'm training pretty full on until then so i will probably do 3 in first semester, 4 in second sem and then 2 next year.
I'm studying primary teaching and human movement at deakin in melb, why am i doing it, well its the only thing i can really see myself doing as a profession and well i'm 3/4 thru it so there is no turning back now - i just want to finish!!!

i'm pretty happy - i was just convinced by one of my uni tutors to hold off on my honours subject (i was gonna take it this semester, even though i'm not starting 'til sem. two), so that means i get to choose something else.

...and, i'm gonna do philosophy, which i'm pretty fucking happy about. it's such an awesome area to study, (i'm either gonna do one about objective truths, or morality), because it makes you think so damn much. i know that i'll be pissed off once i start having to actually do all the work, but it'll be good in the long run :)

yay for philosophy =D

Last sem I defered studies after 1.5 years of commerce(IS and management) at curtin. Im going back second sem to do another semester then im hopefully transfering in 2005 into Arts(psych) at UWA.

The reason for the change is it was actually what i always wanted to do but i didnt get in so i opted for the safe course of commerce. Its not a bad course and i will probably go back and finish it in the future but at this current time I want to do what im interested in and i can worri about the money side of things when im older (pretty much go bak to commerce). :\

maaaaaaaaan im never going to leave uni. :p

Started a double degree in Chemical Engineering and Chemistry, but the Chemistry took over and I dropped engineering. Unfortunately 4 years and $20,000 in HECS later and everything I learnt in my chem degree I could have learned free on BL :(

"yay for philosophy"-onetwothreefour

Yes Ive been accepted to do a grad dip in philosophy this year. Im excited but a bit anxious. I did a phil subject a few years back and got it credited to the grad dip.

in relation to the first post, I did a bachelor of design. i chose it as it was something i enjoy and knew i could do, I also knew that there was job prospects. now that thats my 9-5 modus operandi (and a relatively enjoyable one), i feel i can now study my "hobby"

hehe maybe im just an eternal student

where do you go to university, and what do you do?

yer... just wondering if anyone here goes to murdoch uni, and what are you doing???

BYE!!!

copper pillar

Last edited by a moderator:
i...don't think so tim.

i'm gonna edit the title here to come up with something a little more open for discussion - if not, the thread really needs to be closed.

and btw, it's all well and good to give this sort of information, but remember not to be too open with your details -or at least be careful- because police do read the board.

^^^^ just to overly tease that statement =D (nothing personal 1234)

i go to swine-burn
i have 5 legs and 12 arms and im 3 metres tall so im quite easy to spot ;)
i study something but havn't been studying much so i cant remember what it is:(

-dee

ok i missed the whole thread before the mods got to it so i'll just go off what it's asking

I go to newcastle university and i'm doing my b/teaching and b/arts degree :)

I'm at Macquarie Uni [aka Club Mac].

Technically I'm doing a Bachelor of Business Administration but I'm currently studying English, Ancient History and Philosophy and I'm transferring into a Bachelor of Arts with a Diploma of Education when I get around to doing the paperwork.

I'd like to add that this thread is very similar to this thread.

thanks up all night - i thought there was already a thread like this around, but i couldn't bloody find it :)

anyway...merged!

... and ...

i'm at la trobe uni, studying cinema (major), media, and philosophy - a ba. it's damn fun. honours next semester though, and that's already proving a little daunting :)

universty of Ballarat- Community services in children's services... Im so happy I am a off campus student! Only have to do 8 days of skool a year on campus!

Well hey, I've finished the undergrad and have moved on to the PhD :)

Being paid to go to uni is awesome :)

Sydney Uni, Chemical Engineering :)

I'm going to University of Phoenix. They have campuses everywhere. It's a good school but the classes each are about 5 weeks long so they compress a lot of material in that amount of time. Im studying Busness Administration.

i'm studying 'media and communications' at swinburne... this is my first year at uni... the course is great, and for once i'm learning about things that really interest me. i'm finding hard to setlle into a good study routine though.

I was out school for 5 years when I decided that I needed an education and wrote a letter to be accepted into Macquarie uni in Sydney as a mature age student. I am doing a BA and curently studying
- Sociology
- Anthropology
- Political Science
- Philosophy
I love all of the units, although I am pretty tired from working 24 hours a week and studying full time. Next year I am going to transfer into a double degree Law/Psychology. Then I want to do post grad in Criminology. So I should be outta uni by the time im 28 !
Hopefully %)

I'm doing a Bachelor of Science (majoring in Physics) and a Bachelor of Laws @ UNSW.... Physics is my fave subject, and Law has always interested me.

Fuck know what I'm going to do with it, and its certainly not going to be law :p